+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

ArchieM

Dec 6, 2018
Mine is August 2 2018 AOR
medical request October 30
November 15 medical passed
Still waiting what’s next
I just checked the status on online tool on cic website. It says Decision Made! But my online account is still showing application in process

ArchieM

Dec 6, 2018
We got SA, AIP, and DM for sponsor at the 12 month mark nearly to the day. Final DM for my spouse (applicant) was three weeks and one day later.
I am a little confused. Is there a separate DM for sponsor and principal applicant? We have received eligibility letters for both sponsor and PA, will this be followed by separate DMs for each of us?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Ok thank you. By the way how will I wait for the approval and interview? I just had my medical passed last month.
They send you an email. However if you just passed your medical it takes a few months after that. Ours was about 5 months or so before we got any approvals happening.

Last edited:

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I am a little confused. Is there a separate DM for sponsor and principal applicant? We have received eligibility letters for both sponsor and PA, will this be followed by separate DMs for each of us?
Yes once they approve the sponsor it will show as decision made for that application, then AIP for the PA then after that will come DM for the PA. Ours was about three weeks different as I said. Each case has different things that may cause a delay in the DM status to occur for the PA. For us they wanted a document from my husband's home country however after going through our MP they decided they no longer required it and our application was completed and a landing letter sent.

Reactions: ArchieM

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I just checked the status on online tool on cic website. It says Decision Made! But my online account is still showing application in process
That's normal the online tool usually doesn't change for some reason. If your side of ECAS says decision made then all you are waiting for is your landing appointment.

Reactions: ArchieM

waka2018

Dec 9, 2018
Hi all, I would like share my timeline:

I sent my application on Dec 12 2017 and they receiced on Dec 13, 2017.

- In February 2018 I received a request for Schedule A
- I got my work permit on March 2018
- In June 2018 I did the Medical Request
- October 4 I had my file transffered to local office in Hamilton ON.
- October 30 I received a Letter for Relationship interview
- November 13 - I went to interview (both me and my Wife in separeted rooms... 3 hours interview ( but if your relationship is Genuine no worries)
- November 27 I received a landing letter
- December 5th I became Permanent Resident at local office.

The officer told me about 2 - 4 weeks to receive the PR Card by mail.

Twinks12

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi all, I would like share my timeline:

I sent my application on Dec 12 2017 and they receiced on Dec 13, 2017.

- In February 2018 I received a request for Schedule A
- I got my work permit on March 2018
- In June 2018 I did the Medical Request
- October 4 I had my file transffered to local office in Hamilton ON.
- October 30 I received a Letter for Relationship interview
- November 13 - I went to interview (both me and my Wife in separeted rooms... 3 hours interview ( but if your relationship is Genuine no worries)
- November 27 I received a landing letter
- December 5th I became Permanent Resident at local office.

The officer told me about 2 - 4 weeks to receive the PR Card by mail.
Congratulations my file was transfered in june and we have never heard from Etobicoke.Please can you share the questions that were asked.Thanks

waka2018

Dec 9, 2018
Congratulations my file was transfered in june and we have never heard from Etobicoke.Please can you share the questions that were asked.Thanks
Its so many questions... like MANY MANY MANY! They asked me to draw my room showing bed position ... what side of bed each of us sleep. Who wake up first... last movie we watched together... where.... last time we had sex... explain how was our first date... ask if my wife have any tattoo / scars and where, who pays the bills..... what we gave to each other for birthday / Christmas! Name of people who were at our wedding and engagement .... ( there is one blog you can find over 150 question there basically all questions that they asked) Yes I know its sounds scary! But remember just keep calm and tell the truth

After all questions, the officer interviewd my Wife and basically asked the same questions and them she called me to the room and said there is no more concerns and just wait for landing appointment.

And she explained about the interview request just because we have short time of relationship!

Reactions: Danish1371

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Ok thank you. By the way how will I wait for the approval and interview? I just had my medical passed last month.
If I were you, renew your passport now, coz before they approved your application, they might see your passport expired, they need a valid passport to approve your application. I was out of status when I applied and my passport was expired,, they sent me a letter for a valid passport , before any decision made.

Twinks12

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Its so many questions... like MANY MANY MANY! They asked me to draw my room showing bed position ... what side of bed each of us sleep. Who wake up first... last movie we watched together... where.... last time we had sex... explain how was our first date... ask if my wife have any tattoo / scars and where, who pays the bills..... what we gave to each other for birthday / Christmas! Name of people who were at our wedding and engagement .... ( there is one blog you can find over 150 question there basically all questions that they asked) Yes I know its sounds scary! But remember just keep calm and tell the truth

After all questions, the officer interviewd my Wife and basically asked the same questions and them she called me to the room and said there is no more concerns and just wait for landing appointment.

And she explained about the interview request just because we have short time of relationship!
Thank you so much.lets keep waiting hope they call us soon

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I am loosing my mind on cic . I call nov 20 they said I ll be done by nov 30 but no news they I went to mp cic told them I ll be getting contact first week of December and it’s 11 dec tomm and no news . It’s driving me crazy :(