+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

collinsketics

Aug 24, 2013
Hello team,

Thank you for all your wonderful inputs on the forum. I seek your advice and suggestions here now.

My wife and kids are refugee claimants with refugee interview date slated for early next year. I have a visit visa that has ensured I visit them regularly from home country. I am thinking of staying with them more permanently now but I am not entitled to a work permit and therefore cannot work because of her current status.

Thus I ave been having to come in and go out of Canada regularly to keep my visa requirements valid.

She already has me as a dependent in her IRCC application.

I want to know when you think I can be entitled to a work permit and also know if I can continue to use my visit Visa ( which expires in less than a year) till the PR comes out, which is more likely going to be for 2 years or more by which time the TRV would have expired and chances of a renewal may not occur.

justme111

Dec 5, 2018
Inland application submitted in September, 2017. Medicals passed in February or March, but in August spouse was asked to re-do the medicals, which we did and they passed again soon after. Since then no activity in our file according to ATIP notes. Any insight, anyone? How long does it normally take after the medicals pass? Thanks

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
I did my landing interview today at Vancouver office,it takes like 5 mins,just a few simple questions,and sign a paper.
2017 nov 9th applicant
Thx for all ur help!
I landed there yesterday too :D I was there at 9 am, and done by 9.40ish..Congrats on your landing!

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
Hi all,

I have an update. we got SA and AIP together yesterday! :)
and today I got a message in myCIC account for a telephone interview to finalize PS on March 9th!

Anyone here who has done a phone interview, what do they ask? and how will they give the CoPR?
thanks

timeline:
application received Jan 26th 2017
AOR: Feb 23 2017
Medical: July 2017
SA + AIP: Feb 22nd 2018
Landing appointment: March 9th

Hi I passed medical exam last month. How long will I wait ? Did they ask your passport? My passport was expired 3 months ago

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
HI Everyone,

we received the PR card in the mail after exactly 64 days. to those who are still waiting i know it will come to you soon. It seems like the IRCC is pretty good at making sure these things are delivered to you.

Anyways Merry Christmas all and best wishes!
Congratulations!!! I have don’t with my medical exam and we passed. But my passport was expired 2 months ago and I’m out of status my restsorstion got refused also. But still waiting for pr decision.

Reactions: dml717