+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
For all of those who received AIP and passed the 12 months mark waiting for the landing letter. Try to contact the local office or the nearest local office, they have your application. I received a call from Etobicoke office last week and I was told that the reason why I did not receive my landing appointment yet is that there is no local office in/or close to where I live (Northern Ontario). And I was told if I don't want to wait any longer then I have to go to Toronto with my spouse to finalize the application on a certain date to my convenience. I couldn't believe that they waited all this time to tell me that when they knew the obvious answer. Anyway my advice to you is to call the nearest local office or ask IRCC about your file and where is it exactly and contact that office. Maybe what's taking too long is an insignificant reason like my case. Good luck

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
For all of those who received AIP and passed the 12 months mark waiting for the landing letter. Try to contact the local office or the nearest local office, they have your application. I received a call from Etobicoke office last week and I was told that the reason why I did not receive my landing appointment yet is that there is no local office in/or close to where I live (Northern Ontario). And I was told if I don't want to wait any longer then I have to go to Toronto with my spouse to finalize the application on a certain date to my convenience. I couldn't believe that they waited all this time to tell me that when they knew the obvious answer. Anyway my advice to you is to call the nearest local office or ask IRCC about your file and where is it exactly and contact that office. Maybe what's taking too long is an insignificant reason like my case. Good luck
I wish that was the case for everyone. That worked for you and it’s ok but may not be the case for everybody.

We called IRCC this week because we’re on a 20 months wait and the agent didn’t know how to justify the delay. He said we have to wait 30 more days so they check. Every case it’s different.

Reactions: AmrJul

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
I wish that was the case for everyone. That worked for you and it’s ok but may not be the case for everybody.

We called IRCC this week because we’re on a 20 months wait and the agent didn’t know how to justify the delay. He said we have to wait 30 more days so they check. Every case it’s different.
I am talking about the majority of applicants who got AIP & DM and waiting for their landing appointment letter. Your case must be complex. Good luck

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.

Anyone still waiting for 2017 applicants, I hope it goes fast for you and is over soon!!! Love you all!
Congrats....hooray for you and I can imagine the anxiety you must have had and thank God it's over!!! I just landed Friday and can't wait to see my friends soon, too.

Reactions: didigege and Fowl

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi everybody!

I would like to say many thanks to everyone that helped me and keep helping a lot of people here in this forum.

Your support and information is really important during this whole year of waiting for this dramatic process that is the Spouse Sponsorship application. I know that it's easier for some people(including me) and it's being really frustrating for so many others, but the group helps a lot.

I just became Permanent Resident last Tuesday, November 20.
Our interview was in Etobicoke and it was pretty fast. We waited for about 50 minutes but the interview was less than 5 minutes.

There were just basic questions like:
- Address confirmation
- Check if the my personal info was correct in the COPR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence)
- Last entry date in Canada
- If I was convicted in Canada or any other country

CIC(CPC Mississauga) Received: December 13, 2017
AOR Received: January 26, 2018
Sch A and PCC submitted: January 31, 2018
OWP Approved March: 27, 2018
Received in mail: April 03, 2018.
Medical Requested :June 13, 2018
Medical Sent by Webform: June 26, 2018
RCMP Fingerprints sent: July 9, 2018
Medical Received/Passed October 16, 2018
Sponsor Approval: October 24, 2018