+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi,
We just received a letter for both of us that saying:
“Its has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence...”
How long does it takes until Decision made?
It can be a few hours or a few weeks just depends on your application.

Reactions: didigege

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Today we got a letter saying we’re both elegible to be be sponsor and PR. I think it’s a good sing what I don’t understand it’s why now. I thought that that was done, but we took the good new.
Inland applications all the letters come at the end of processing.

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi.
I’m sorry for your bad experience with your lawyer. We did our application ourselves. However, it was sent yesterday for further assessment. Do you know how much longer it takes once it’s in further assessment?
Sorry to hear that ! Mine was sent in June for further assessment and was contacted to come on November 14 for the interview , iT was 2 hours long n we were interviewed separately

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi @Leogirl22

What I have learned here, is, when the application is transfer to our local office before getting AIP is most likely for a relationship interview. This applies to me.

I truly recommend you to try to contact IRCC and to get your notes or ask your MP, they could have a quicker answer than all the other methods.
I just received mine two days ago, the first time it was transferred from Mississauga to Vancouver, IRCC notified me and according to notes it was only for Workload distribution but when they transferred it to my local office (Edmonton) they didn't and it is because we are expecting a relationship interview.

Every application is case specific, your best bet is to have an answer from them.

Sadly our wait time could be up to a year from April 2018 to 2019. You should also ask for timeline to process yours, hopefully it's different than mine.

Good luck and if you get a hold of them, let us know what the outcome is :)
@david_gat88 when I contacted Cic in June when mine was send for further assessment the guy told me it could take way past a year , I was so sad n disappointed , anyways I was contacted 5 months after which is in November , went for interview on the 14 and was contacted a few days after to come for landing interview in December, it's a long wait from August 2017 until now but thanks be to God it will soon be over!!!

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hi guys I need help with this. So my file was transfered to Etobicoke in Sep for further assesment. Yesterday around 3.27pm I miss a call from Immigration Officer. No voicemail left for me . I called back later to find out it was from the Etobicoke office. Anybody has this experience and what happened next? I applied in Dec 2016. Medicals extended to Nov 2019. Sponsor received Decision approval. Please I need help on what to do. Thanks

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
@david_gat88 when I contacted Cic in June when mine was send for further assessment the guy told me it could take way past a year , I was so sad n disappointed , anyways I was contacted 5 months after which is in November , went for interview on the 14 and was contacted a few days after to come for landing interview in December, it's a long wait from August 2017 until now but thanks be to God it will soon be over!!!
I am so glad you're wait ia basically over @Fowl you were a March applicant, wait is a killer. I am also hoping that they give us the interview anytime soon. It's been 7 months since it was transferred.

Could you roughly explain what topics they touch in the relationship interview? Or what do we expect when we get in the room? Thanks @Fowl

Twinks12

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Am happy for you.ours was transfered in June but we havent heard from them at all.i have worried my self sick but now i have told myself to relax and wait.
Anyway please can you share the questions they asked you .
Thanks

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Am happy for you.ours was transfered in June but we havent heard from them at all.i have worried my self sick but now i have told myself to relax and wait.
Anyway please can you share the questions they asked you .
Thanks
Another girlfriend I know she was from July n she just left me a message saying she has been called for December interview also , so I know u are right behind us. ....I was asked how much for mortgage , utilities , what did we have for dinner last evening , my hubby kids Name n D.O.B, what did we do for birthday, describe my apartment, how much ppl was at our wedding , the type of gift we got, and of course when he went for my husband he aseed the same things, and what can i tell him to convince him that it's not a marriage of convenience

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Sorry to hear that ! Mine was sent in June for further assessment and was contacted to come on November 14 for the interview , iT was 2 hours long n we were interviewed separately
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m glad it’s over now. I hope it won’t take long for us..
All the best

Reactions: Fowl

Twinks12

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Another girlfriend I know she was from July n she just left me a message saying she has been called for December interview also , so I know u are right behind us. ....I was asked how much for mortgage , utilities , what did we have for dinner last evening , my hubby kids Name n D.O.B, what did we do for birthday, describe my apartment, how much ppl was at our wedding , the type of gift we got, and of course when he went for my husband he aseed the same things, and what can i tell him to convince him that it's not a marriage of convenience
Thank you so much for sharing.I hope we are next.will keep those questions in mind.

Reactions: Fowl