+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hi,
We just received a letter for both of us that saying:
“Its has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence...”
How long does it takes until Decision made?

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Don't be sad, remember this is my case, and every case is different, I was just sharing my situation, yours could be completely different, timelines also could have changed by now.

Now you can involve your MP and provide them a good set of questions and see what they could get. Our MP took about a week to get back to us

We also sent pictures of outing/wedding etc. And they did notice that but just wrote down "File needs to be transferred for a possible interview with the couple" and in other note "interview recommended". They didn't explain red flags or anything at all, they just want us to meet and have a coffee perhaps haha.
Thank you David. I took an appointment with the MP next week. I think they liked us too and decided to have us for coffee as well . I truly wish you the best

nicol inland

Nov 22, 2018
Hi,
We just received a letter for both of us that saying:
“Its has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence...”
How long does it takes until Decision made?
I also just received that letter and a couple hours later they send me the invitation for the interview where they gonna make their final decision :)

Reactions: didigege

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
I also just received that letter and a couple hours later they send me the invitation for the interview where they gonna make their final decision :)
Wow that’s awesome!
Fingers crossed. I hope to get mine this Monday
In how many days it’s going to be your interview?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Yes i had. They say they’re going to check what’s going on because it’s taking longer than normal. Can wait to get the news
It took a couple of weeks for MP to contact CIC and then for CIC to contact MP in our case, but we got a very detailed reply forwarded to us from them. It also caused them to randomly decide not to wait for the document they had asked for and we got our landing letter that day.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hello all,

Did anyone received theie PR card yet??? My husband got his COPR oct 25th. I know its just a month still to get an idea if its coming soon !

Thanks so much guys ! :)
Hubby got his PR card in early Nov. he landed Oct 16. I have no idea why it came so quickly as they told us 2 months.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

It's been 14 months and I just realized a possible reason that might cause the delay of my application.
During my application, I left Canada twice. The first time was three weeks with my sponsor, and the second time I spent four months to visit my family by myself and worked with a research group in my home country .

I just read on the forum that as the PA, I'm not advised to leave Canada. Can this be a serious issue? I have valid student visa so I have no problem returning to Canada, but I am now really really concerned.

I thought my case would be otherwise very simple and I don't know what else can cause the delay...
I came to Canada since the age of 18 and met my sponsor here. We got married after two years of dating and sent the PR application a year after marriage. Now I'm 23 and I'm finishing my last year of university, while my sponsor is 31 years old and he's working. Could the age difference and our occupation be a red flag to the CIC agent as well?

Thank you!
Have you contacted them ? Extended stays outside of Canada during an inland application can cause them to pull your application, but I would have thought they would contact you. A regular holiday is fine but months is not.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
12 working days has passed since my husband and I sent the web form and guess what? NO News from CIC.

Contacted MP, we had an appointment talked about the situation (20 months waiting) they say the’ll call next day with an answer. They didn’t.

We called today to ask what’s going. The asistant of MP said he could talk with CIC agents and they also don’t know what could be happening. But they need 10 more working days to look. I mean.... are they fu&king joking over there?
They reply to the MP with the same urgency as they reply to us. We had our answer from the MP in about three weeks or so.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Surprise I got the appointment per email for December 11th.
My flight to leave Canada and visit my family is on December 17th.
Does that mean I can not leave the country?
I mean I have a valid Passport from my country of origin, and its a European country which dont require any Visas to re-enter Canada.
There wouldn't be a reason not to let me in again...

Or is it forbidden to travel after the interview until you get the PR card?
You need your PR card to re-enter Canada. You can apply in your country for a permanent resident travel document but that can take a few weeks. They won't let you on the plane as you require an ETA, which becomes void once you are a PR, or the card.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
How does the landing letter look like?
Says something like the processing your application has been completed please attend " whichever office" at "whatever time listed" with the documents they specify. Usually any OWP/visas etc you have, your passport, your sponsor with ID, two photos for the PR card and the receipt for the fees you paid.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Dec.22 applicant waiting for landing appointment, heard nothing till now. I have accompanying dependent child and he was in my home country Philippines. Was it the reason why it taking longer?cause i've been seeing early January applicant already landed.
You're still within the 12 month time frame, some just are lucky to get through quicker. We were very straight forward and went over processing time for no reason at all.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
They reply to the MP with the same urgency as they reply to us. We had our answer from the MP in about three weeks or so.
Today we got a letter saying we’re both elegible to be be sponsor and PR. I think it’s a good sing what I don’t understand it’s why now. I thought that that was done, but we took the good new.