+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys I need help m worried . I called an agent today first time . And I finally I got to talk . And agent said they sent letter in October for SA. I said yes my lawyer got it. But I don’t have it . Then agent told me to contact lawyer and and get that letter becos she can not disclose any info to me becos it’s for my husband and said might be there is something missing But my side they still working on it and said if u you don’t get by 20 nov anything call us back . Becos that will be my year mark 20 nov. but when I talked to my lawyer last he said it’s sponsor approval and they will send it to me later with invoices
There is nothing other than the sponsor is approved in the letter if thats what she told you. We were processing right up to the end ... and didn't receive any SA or any other approvals until the 360th day, and then they delayed it an additional three weeks after that. They won't do a lot if you are not past the twelve month time frame.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone. I have news..
Today, 20 days before our 1 year mark, we received a letter from CIC asking for police certificates for 2 different countries where my husband (the PA) lived in the past. We are both mad they didn’t ask for them before.. The letter cane from “innovation hub Montreal” although we live in Edmonton.
Well, we will e-mail them ASAP hoping the application will not be further delayed.

Those who experienced the same situation can you please help us by sharing your timeline.
Thanks
We had a request four days before our 12 month mark for an additional police certificate from my husband's country I was very very upset OMG. I contacted my MP saying just that ... they had 10 months from the time they requested his police clearance why if they needed this additional document didn't they ask then? It wasn't getting the document it was they waited until literally the 11th hour to ask and would delay the application further. So that's what I told the MP and they sent off a letter on our behalf and it actually worked, three weeks after we got a letter from CIC with our landing appointment and a letter from the MP (that was sent from CIC) that they no longer required the document and that our application had been approved and landing appointment to follow. I'm sure we would still be waiting had I not done that.
Good luck and I totally get how frustrated you are feeling.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone. We had our landing interview in Etobicoke yesterday, and everything is done! Everything I've read here was correct. The whole thing took 5 minutes. They asked hubby if he had ever been convicted and if he has any other dependents. Then he checked the COPR and signed. And that was it! They told us the PR card would arrive in 2.5 months. I'm so relieved. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations !

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thank you for your reply. Could you please keep me posted with your updates.
BTW we were asked to send the certificates by e-mail and not by webform.
We’re waiting impatiently.
Good luck in your process
We were as well ... it said please reply to this email. It was the actual person working on our application that was communicating with us. The whole thing was super odd if you ask me.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
We had a request four days before our 12 month mark for an additional police certificate from my husband's country I was very very upset OMG. I contacted my MP saying just that ... they had 10 months from the time they requested his police clearance why if they needed this additional document didn't they ask then? It wasn't getting the document it was they waited until literally the 11th hour to ask and would delay the application further. So that's what I told the MP and they sent off a letter on our behalf and it actually worked, three weeks after we got a letter from CIC with our landing appointment and a letter from the MP (that was sent from CIC) that they no longer required the document and that our application had been approved and landing appointment to follow. I'm sure we would still be waiting had I not done that.
Good luck and I totally get how frustrated you are feeling.
Thanks for sharing. I have an urge to contact the MP I’m just. Aiming myself down until it’s 12 months. They had 11 whole months to ask for it and what makes it worse is that my husband arrived to Canada on a work visa and he provided all of the requested PCs to get his visa which he got only a week before moving to Canada.. they are just doing the same work twice. They should’ve done a background and security check before granting him the work permit ( 2.5 months before we applied for sponsorship) why are they doing it again?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thanks for sharing. I have an urge to contact the MP I’m just. Aiming myself down until it’s 12 months. They had 11 whole months to ask for it and what makes it worse is that my husband arrived to Canada on a work visa and he provided all of the requested PCs to get his visa which he got only a week before moving to Canada.. they are just doing the same work twice. They should’ve done a background and security check before granting him the work permit ( 2.5 months before we applied for sponsorship) why are they doing it again?
We did as well, they had cleared him for an extension with the same police certificate, we even updated it as there was more than six months so they had two current police certificates prior to this request. I agree half of the work they do is redundant and done several times over and they wonder why things are so backed up, it really makes me angry.

Reactions: Leogirl22

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Dear ALL

Are these GCMS notes error or there has been changed of comment on my Eligibility by the Officer
I need your opinion

My application under inland family class has been transferred to Etobicoke since July 2018.
Application received on 8th May, 2017. After months the following has occurred.
Medical has been passed 6th April, 2018
PA file transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment on 7th July, 2018.
SA approved on 9th July, 2018.

I ordered and received response for my GCMS notes on three different dates as follows
23rd May 2018, 3rd Aug 2018 and 12th Oct 2018. On each occasion the same officer reviewing my eligibility as a PA have different comment and some previous comment have been removed from the Last Order.

1. )On 23 May 2018, the officer reviewing my eligibility concluded that PA and SPR submitted marriage certificate, wedding Photographs, Outing Photographs, ID cards showing both living at the same address as proof of relationship. PA and SPR got married within the first two months of meeting, no proof of communication, PA has been out of status; PA has been ineligible on his various EE application but SPR and PA live and share a child together

2)The GCMS notes on 3rd Aug, 2018 also repeated the above comments by the same officer but added that the pictures submitted does not depict couple in a relationship . Limited history of relationship.

3) The GCMS notes on the 12th October, 2018 which is the latest I received has omitted all the red flags raised by that same officer.instead the Officer comment is only focusing on PA and SPR submitted marriage certificate, wedding Photographs, Outing Photographs, ID cards showing both living at the same address as proof of relationship. SPR and PA live andshare a child together