Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hello everyone. I have news..
Today, 20 days before our 1 year mark, we received a letter from CIC asking for police certificates for 2 different countries where my husband (the PA) lived in the past. We are both mad they didn’t ask for them before.. The letter cane from “innovation hub Montreal” although we live in Edmonton.
Well, we will e-mail them ASAP hoping the application will not be further delayed.

Those who experienced the same situation can you please help us by sharing your timeline.
Thanks

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
Today, 20 days before our 1 year mark, we received a letter from CIC asking for police certificates for 2 different countries where my husband (the PA) lived in the past. We are both mad they didn’t ask for them before.. The letter cane from “innovation hub Montreal” although we live in Edmonton.
Well, we will e-mail them ASAP hoping the application will not be further delayed.

Those who experienced the same situation can you please help us by sharing your timeline.
Thanks
I was asked to send a police check from RCMP on September 5th. What takes time is to get the actual police check, not uploading and not processing that particular stage. I uploaded the file to both the office and Cic and a day later the status was updated from action required to submitted. Then I received AIP on September 26th nothing after. I called and was told to expect a landing appointment letter. so don't worry if you have those checks. I know that it takes months to get police checks from certain countries while in Canada these days.

Reactions: Leogirl22

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017

Thanks

they ask for PCC on Sep 24, we uploaded 2 weeks ago, nothing updated yet..... we applied 21 Nov, we received this request from Vancouver office....we applied from Mississauga.

Dreamerforever

Jan 9, 2018
Hi everyone. We had our landing interview in Etobicoke yesterday, and everything is done! Everything I've read here was correct. The whole thing took 5 minutes. They asked hubby if he had ever been convicted and if he has any other dependents. Then he checked the COPR and signed. And that was it! They told us the PR card would arrive in 2.5 months. I'm so relieved. Good luck to everyone!

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone. We had our landing interview in Etobicoke yesterday, and everything is done! Everything I've read here was correct. The whole thing took 5 minutes. They asked hubby if he had ever been convicted and if he has any other dependents. Then he checked the COPR and signed. And that was it! They told us the PR card would arrive in 2.5 months. I'm so relieved. Good luck to everyone!
congrats!!

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello all!

Just would like to give you an update on my case.. We had the interview yesterday in the Surrey Office! We live in Kamloops, BC so we drove all they way there for a literally 5-6 min "interview". The lady (which was very nice) only asked my common-law if she was ever denied access to enter Canada, if she ever committed a crime or was arrested and when did she enter Canada for the first time. After those 3 questions, she collected the photographs and gave us the official document to be a PR. She was very clear on asking not to book any flights on the next 3 months since due to the Canada Post strike, the delivery of the PR Card might be delayed and might take longer than the 47 days the website is showing right now.

Our application was sent on October 5th, 2017, so our whole process took 13 months.

On another note, I know many people is waiting for landing appointment. My appointment was set at 3.00pm and we wait for about 40min before they called us for that "6 min interview". There were only me and 2 other couples waiting for the landing interview; and there was only 1 immigration officer doing the interviews. That is why we had to wait. While I was waiting I could only thought about all people I read on this forum waiting for landing interviews and noticing that if there is only 1 officer doing interviews at the Surrey Office, then it might take a while to interview all people who is applying and waiting for PR.

On another note, would like to thank all people here who were very helpful and thoughtful during this whole process. I wish everybody good luck and hopefully your landing interviews will show up on your inbox soon!

Cheers to all of you! :)

Your Peruvian/Canadian friend,

Eduardo

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
I’m also from kelowna tho, if we get the appointment date together we can share a car.
Also from Kelowna...

Appl. Rec. Nov 1/17
Medical May/18
SA/PA AIP Oct 1/18
DM on Ecas Oct 4/18 (No DM letter)

PM contacted last week, CIC told them we will hear back re: appt on or before Nov 13.

Last edited:

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
What is your situation now? You could not attend the interview, because your were not in Canada? Were you able to reschedule it yet?
Yes, I couldn't attend the interview because I was visiting my parents in China. I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that they've received my request to reschedule the interview and they said it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks for the Kitchener office to send out the interview letter so I will have to wait for two more weeks. The agent said the letter can arrive anytime from now. If I didn't hear anything before Nov. 16th, I will have to call them again. What comforted me the most is that the agent checked my application and said there is absolutely no problem, everything is totally fine...I will update once I have news.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
I was asked to send a police check from RCMP on September 5th. What takes time is to get the actual police check, not uploading and not processing that particular stage. I uploaded the file to both the office and Cic and a day later the status was updated from action required to submitted. Then I received AIP on September 26th nothing after. I called and was told to expect a landing appointment letter. so don't worry if you have those checks. I know that it takes months to get police checks from certain countries while in Canada these days.
Thank you for your detailed reply. I hope we will hear from them soon
All the best

Reactions: AmrJul

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
they ask for PCC on Sep 24, we uploaded 2 weeks ago, nothing updated yet..... we applied 21 Nov, we received this request from Vancouver office....we applied from Mississauga.
Thank you for your reply. Could you please keep me posted with your updates.
BTW we were asked to send the certificates by e-mail and not by webform.
We’re waiting impatiently.
Good luck in your process

Reactions: KAUR.GOSAL

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Yes, I couldn't attend the interview because I was visiting my parents in China. I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that they've received my request to reschedule the interview and they said it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks for the Kitchener office to send out the interview letter so I will have to wait for two more weeks. The agent said the letter can arrive anytime from now. If I didn't hear anything before Nov. 16th, I will have to call them again. What comforted me the most is that the agent checked my application and said there is absolutely no problem, everything is totally fine...I will update once I have news.
Good Luck and Thank You for the detailed explanation.

Reactions: SsJohn

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Hello all!

Just would like to give you an update on my case.. We had the interview yesterday in the Surrey Office! We live in Kamloops, BC so we drove all they way there for a literally 5-6 min "interview". The lady (which was very nice) only asked my common-law if she was ever denied access to enter Canada, if she ever committed a crime or was arrested and when did she enter Canada for the first time. After those 3 questions, she collected the photographs and gave us the official document to be a PR. She was very clear on asking not to book any flights on the next 3 months since due to the Canada Post strike, the delivery of the PR Card might be delayed and might take longer than the 47 days the website is showing right now.

Our application was sent on October 5th, 2017, so our whole process took 13 months.

On another note, I know many people is waiting for landing appointment. My appointment was set at 3.00pm and we wait for about 40min before they called us for that "6 min interview". There were only me and 2 other couples waiting for the landing interview; and there was only 1 immigration officer doing the interviews. That is why we had to wait. While I was waiting I could only thought about all people I read on this forum waiting for landing interviews and noticing that if there is only 1 officer doing interviews at the Surrey Office, then it might take a while to interview all people who is applying and waiting for PR.

On another note, would like to thank all people here who were very helpful and thoughtful during this whole process. I wish everybody good luck and hopefully your landing interviews will show up on your inbox soon!

Cheers to all of you! :)

Your Peruvian/Canadian friend,

Eduardo
Congrats! And thank you for sharing your experience and also explaining how flights should not be booked while waiting for PR, very important point!

Reactions: eduardo.arellano