+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
We are home and it's all completed, he was worried right up to the time we got back home. It went well and the lady was very nice and ya it's a strange feeling to just be done !

CIC took about three weeks to get back to the MP... so slow as always but it did help for us and I hope it does for you too !
I understand him, it's not done until the COPR is in our hands. All the best and luck in you guys' future.

Thank you, hopefully her intervention can do us well.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
SOOO... we are done !! The interview was painless (even though hubby was so nervous) she only really asked if we were married or common law, if he had any convictions (which he did have a non-serious one from 20 years ago) and she asked if it was all cleared which he had the paper to show her but she was like oh don't worry I can see it here that it's all good. She asked to see his passport and my ID and checked the address was correct and had him sign the COPR and that was pretty much it. She figured out he was very nervous so kept saying it was ok and everything was fine :) Took his photos and that was it. Since we had to go all the way into Calgary for the Landing appointment we also went to the Service Canada office which is in the same building and had his SIN changed to a permanent one.
I actually found it quite refreshing that the woman who landed him was clearly born outside of Canada ( by her accent ) it was cool she had obviously come full circle from applying herself to landing others !

Then since we'd paid for parking and it was a lovely day we went for a wander and found a breakfast place and enjoyed worry free eggs
This post really makes me smile :). Congratulations.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
SOOO... we are done !! The interview was painless (even though hubby was so nervous) she only really asked if we were married or common law, if he had any convictions (which he did have a non-serious one from 20 years ago) and she asked if it was all cleared which he had the paper to show her but she was like oh don't worry I can see it here that it's all good. She asked to see his passport and my ID and checked the address was correct and had him sign the COPR and that was pretty much it. She figured out he was very nervous so kept saying it was ok and everything was fine :) Took his photos and that was it. Since we had to go all the way into Calgary for the Landing appointment we also went to the Service Canada office which is in the same building and had his SIN changed to a permanent one.
I actually found it quite refreshing that the woman who landed him was clearly born outside of Canada ( by her accent ) it was cool she had obviously come full circle from applying herself to landing others !

Then since we'd paid for parking and it was a lovely day we went for a wander and found a breakfast place and enjoyed worry free eggs
Hey congratulations, I'm truly happy for you! It's always only a matter of time, but we feel so relieved when it's officially over.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys ,
My sponsor side changed to decision made today and PA side in process . I checked thru phone system it says they reviewing my eligibility now
Congratulations, that means SA and AIP letters will arrive soon, I wish you to get DM soon after!

Reactions: jeet07

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi thanks but I haven’t got any email or letter that says sponsor approval
Often, it's the next day you see the change on ECAS. But anyway, the DM on the sponsor side means SA. It's always nice to have the letter in hands, but the sponsor is approved already. Also, when the PA side changes from app received to in process, usually the AIP is issued rapidly.

kyzel29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2012
Doc's Request.
AUG. 2012
AOR Received.
NOV. 7, 2012
Med's Request
JUNE 2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 25, 2015
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 30, 2015
Passport Req..
JUNE 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOON :)
LANDED..........
SOON :)
What do you mean by this?
My wife will be having her landing interview on Oct.23 and we just notice this in the letter from immigration and we got confuse.
" If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation. "

Canakard1991

Oct 11, 2018
Hi,

It’s called an Open Work Permit (OWP)

Follow the link below for more information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

You can find the OWP application pack below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html

Fill out the OWP form & checklist and make sure you pay the correct fee ($255). It’s probably best you submit it along with your inland spouse PR application. Your spouse should receive her work permit within 4months of applying for it.

Good luck.
Thank you so much ! ;)

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
On ours has not changed since I passed medicals.

They're very inaccurate and falsely. We can't rely on anything we read on their system. Hope is what keeps us alive.

Staying alive haaaa, haaa, haa, ha. . Bee gees song, got a little bit silly there haha
My lawyer received a letter yesterday they told me today . I don’t know what in that letter they didn’t send me yet . I called them and they said my lawyer reviewing it