+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi guys, so my husband side already shows DM on ECAS since I received my AIP on Oct. 9.
On my side it still says in process and when I click on it line 2 says: we started processing your application October 9, 2018.

How long does it usually take for PA side to be DM as well? I see with most people they receive DM on ECAS on both sides at the same time...

Reactions: SunnyK17

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
December 11th applicant here.

I received ‘Eligibility Passed’ letter yesterday.
Omg! This makes me very excited! I am december 11th too!
This is basically SA?
How long does it usually take to get AIP after and decision made on both sides?

Last edited:

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
That's very interesting.. I hope they don't do this for me, as the Vancouver office is only a 5 minute walk from my house. I wonder if it is decided by how close you are to the office, as well as how many appointments they are backed up with.

Do you live closer to the Surrey office than the Vancouver office?
Fair enough, you probably will receive it from Vancouver I guess.. I am in the interior (Kamloops).. so literally Surrey its closer than downtown Vancouver for me :p

cheers!

Reactions: stke4130

LydiaQin1020

Mar 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am going to land next Tuesday in Vancouver office, they ask me to bring proof of payment, Passport, photos, and current status permit in Canada during the interview.

Just in case, what else I would need to bring if they will request to have a look?

thank you for your help.

Reactions: Danish1371

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Whew. I have seen Dec 11, 13 and 15 applicants getting AIP today.

We're Dec 13 and I can't seem to sit still anymore. Hahaha

Reactions: btis

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys I have question do we have to send originals rcmp fingerprints to cic becos my representative just uploaded electronically after receiving fingerprints from rcmp . They uploaded yesterday

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, so my husband side already shows DM on ECAS since I received my AIP on Oct. 9.
On my side it still says in process and when I click on it line 2 says: we started processing your application October 9, 2018.

How long does it usually take for PA side to be DM as well? I see with most people they receive DM on ECAS on both sides at the same time...

It can be very quick or take a few days or weeks. We were one of the ones who it took a few weeks, three to be exact.

Reactions: sylvain1

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,

I am going to land next Tuesday in Vancouver office, they ask me to bring proof of payment, Passport, photos, and current status permit in Canada during the interview.

Just in case, what else I would need to bring if they will request to have a look?

thank you for your help.

Just what they've asked for in your landing letter.

Reactions: sylvain1

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Omg! This makes me very excited! I am december 11th too!
This is basically SA?
How long does it usually take to get AIP after and decision made on both sides?
AIP comes before DM, sometimes not all letters are sent. We didn't get a DM letter for sponsor or PA. Our DM for PA was also delayed so the timing is sometimes case specific. Usually quite quickly but depends on your worker and if they want anything further from you.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Can’t help but feel frustrated. It’s been almost a month since I got AIP and DM on Sponsor side but no DM on my side. I’m looking forward to bring my daughter and have her go to school here this school year but I guess it’s not possible anymore seeing how the application is going. Gonna hit 12month soon. Well, guess I have to bother the MP after October 26.

Reactions: Hanh my

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
Can’t help but feel frustrated. It’s been almost a month since I got AIP and DM on Sponsor side but no DM on my side. I’m looking forward to bring my daughter and have her go to school here this school year but I guess it’s not possible anymore seeing how the application is going. Gonna hit 12month soon. Well, guess I have to bother the MP after October 26.
We’re the same boat. My applications was on August 9, 2017. I got AIP and SA on August 8,2018 past 2 months now . Nothing happing . But my MP just called CIC. They said . It will be done the end of this month. If not we will call them back . Just one more step.

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hey guys I have question do we have to send originals rcmp fingerprints to cic becos my representative just uploaded electronically after receiving fingerprints from rcmp . They uploaded yesterday
It doesnt matter . They ask you to upload or send to them via webform if it is sent to your address by rcmp.

Good luck !!! Hopefully soon you get AIP and SA. We got the day after they received the fingerprints.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
It doesnt matter . They ask you to upload or send to them via webform if it is sent to your address by rcmp.

Good luck !!! Hopefully soon you get AIP and SA. We got the day after they received the fingerprints.
Hi thanks for replying. My lawyer received it on 11 oct and they electronically uploaded it . I was thinking they have to send by mail to cic and it will take few more days.thanku :)

Windsor ON

Sep 11, 2018
Update!!!!

App received: July 20, 2017
Schedule A & PCC: Sept 8, 2017
Medical request: Mar 19, 2018
Medical Passed: Mar 22, 2018
Fingerprints request: Mar 26, 2018
Fingerprints done: Mar 26, 2018
AIP: June 21, 2018
DM: June 19, 2018 (According to the officer) Never resived any letter.
Landing letter: Sept 27, 2018
Landing interview: Oct 12, 2018 (Resived PR conformation)

PR card will arrive in 8 weeks, she said.

Is it really 8 weeks or longer ? Some applicant said 3 months until they got the card in mail.

Thanks

Good luck guys!!