+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

nickmurph89

Feb 25, 2018
My wife got her PR card last week, took 50 days which I thought was quick as they quote it takes 62 day on their website.

The PR card is what lets you board the plane and allow you back into Canada. They say you can travel and apply for a permanent resident travel document which would let you back into Canada but you can only apply for one once you are out of the country so you would need to make sure you can get that before the return flight back.

We waited until the card arrived before booking anything, just to be on the safe side.
That's really helpful. I've got a family wedding in the UK in Dec so I'll look into the travel document.
Thank you so much.
Nick

Reactions: Oldmacwright

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
They requested fingerprints to me too in September 4th (email letter).. we got them done the next day at the RCMP and they sent directly the results.. yesterday (September 17) our status changed to Decision made on both sponsor and applicant on ECAS.. so now we are just waiting... when we log in into CIC it says they are reviewing the additional documents requested and it does not say a decision has been made yet.

cheers
Oh nice! You mean your ecas changed ! But no update On mycic ?? Hmm.. mkes me wonder

tiffany47

May 16, 2018
They requested fingerprints to me too in September 4th (email letter).. we got them done the next day at the RCMP and they sent directly the results.. yesterday (September 17) our status changed to Decision made on both sponsor and applicant on ECAS.. so now we are just waiting... when we log in into CIC it says they are reviewing the additional documents requested and it does not say a decision has been made yet.

cheers
thank you for your update. we hope we could get the same thing like you. Decision made on ECAS is the good thing

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018

cheers
Hey
We are in toronto. Local police says they dont do it .., have to get to it done from accredited agency and they will send to RCMP and then they ll submit to CIC :(

You are lucky you could just get it done at RCMP.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

cheers
your CIC account will not update until you land. The DM on both sides on ECAS tells you that it's done. You are waiting for a landing letter now.

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018

Thanks so much !!we got it done just now from a place at College street in downtown toronto.

He got me confused.....
He suggested to get the fingerprints to our address and we send registered mail to CIC
But we did directly to cic vancouver ..!

M just concerned in regards to them receiving it in time without any delays :(

Do i need to send CIC any confirmation for the fingerprints we got done today?

Last edited:

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018

cheers
Hey... did you send them any confirmation???

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Update for me :
Application sent sept 26 2017
Got DM both sides + AIP + SA July 31st 2018
Sent OWP June 7
Received today an email to say OWP approved + the work visa in my mailbox.

I wonder if they are taking forever to send me the landing appointment, even tho it says decision made since July 31, so my OWP was processed and they don't refund me..

Oh well, at least now I can go back to work until I receive my landing appointment.

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Team,
I am a September 26th applicant and still nothing since Medical in April. Are there others like me?
Thanks

September 26 applicant as well, medical passed may 9.
DM/AIP/SA July 31.

Just received my OWP today (they received it June 7).

And I am still waiting for the landing appointment.

I think my application was in BC at one point because my AIP says Vancouver at the bottom but when I called last week they said it was still in Mississauga waiting to be transferred to my local office for landing appointment.

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
This seems like a very long wait have you called ?
Sorry just saw your message. Yes I did call like 10000 time lol my MP office also called. They only say that it's approved but still in Mississauga waiting to be transferred to my local office for landing appointment. I received OWP today in my mailbox (they received it June 7).

I am suspecting that they were waiting for my OWP to be approved before sending me landing appointment for PR so I can't ask a refund for OWP. But that's just my opinion lol we will see if I receive landing appointment in the next few days.

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Sorry just saw your message. Yes I did call like 10000 time lol my MP office also called. They only say that it's approved but still in Mississauga waiting to be transferred to my local office for landing appointment. I received OWP today in my mailbox (they received it June 7).

I am suspecting that they were waiting for my OWP to be approved before sending me landing appointment for PR so I can't ask a refund for OWP. But that's just my opinion lol we will see if I receive landing appointment in the next few days.
I wouldn't put it past them that's for sure ! Here's hoping you get your appointment soon.