+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Oh ok. That's very frustrating! So you mentioned you received three letters, I am assuming they are SA, AIP and DM. It really concerns that they could change their mind after DM.

Did you call IRCC to confirm what your lawyer said? Just to make sure.

All the best of luck to you two!
Yes was SA, AIP, and DM but only for the sponsor , they stopped at his DM. Which is kind of the important one really

What the most frustrating part is we have been completely up front with everything and they've had several applications and two police checks and suddenly they are asking for something that isn't in the police check. Why in 5.5 years could they not have asked for this ? They know what it is and really a non-issue, they're just making things run longer for us and well everyone else to be honest. Wasting time and tax payers money is not something I take Kindly to.

The lawyer sent me the letter they sent. He's also at a loss as to why they are doing this.

On the bright side I have already spoken to my MP sent him a message on messenger and he answered almost immediately and will call me Monday.

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
I am wondering if anyone who landed in Vancouver recently?

I am Oct applicant, just wondering when can get the schedule for appointment since Vancouver office is busy I heard that.
I had my landing interview in Vancouver on Aug 15th. I was an August 2017 Applicant. They sent me an email with my appointment date and time around the 3rd August.

Wilma0427

Feb 5, 2018
Since you applied for an extension of your study permit before expiry, you will be on implied status once your current permit expired. The conditions set on your study permit will continue until you get a decision from your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
Thank you for the linked! I talked to my school again and they asked me to provide either a PR visa or an extended study permit by Sept 30th latest or I will lose the job. It feels like that they don't want to deal with the implied status at all.

It's been more than two weeks since the DM on the sponsor side, but no AIP or others. Anyone in the same situation? I see no hope now....

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Thank you for the linked! I talked to my school again and they asked me to provide either a PR visa or an extended study permit by Sept 30th latest or I will lose the job. It feels like that they don't want to deal with the implied status at all.

It's been more than two weeks since the DM on the sponsor side, but no AIP or others. Anyone in the same situation? I see no hope now....
hey, same situation here. i’m the sponsor and i got the sponsorship approval last august 24/DM. after that nothing, no AIP. then last thursday my wife received an email telling her the application is transferred to cic ottawa for further processing.

Reactions: Wilma0427

Wilma0427

Feb 5, 2018
hey, same situation here. i’m the sponsor and i got the sponsorship approval last august 24/DM. after that nothing, no AIP. then last thursday my wife received an email telling her the application is transferred to cic ottawa for further processing.
I see! They started to review my eligibility in August as well but nothing happened since then. Will try to reach them to see if anything went wrong. it's almost 12 months now

Reactions: Hanh my

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I see! They started to review my eligibility in August as well but nothing happened since then. Will try to reach them to see if anything went wrong. it's almost 12 months now
yup give them a call. our application will be on its 12th month by the end of october so we’ll just wait a little more.

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I am equally in the same issues my file was transferred for further assessment on the 6th July 2018 but my sponsor was approved on the 9th July,2018.my application was made on 8th may 2017.l ordered my GCSM notes and to my surprise the officer is indicating the fact that the application required an interview to exam bona fide. In the notes the officer had indicated that we got married within 2months of fisrt meeting, and we have limited history of relationship. The officer acknowledged we have a child yet the officer made reference to our relationship as limited history. The PA has overstayed and out of status .the PA has no chance of restoring the tourist visa. Since l received the transfer letter to Etobicoke l haven't heard from them .l don't know whether they would invite me for interview or whatever. I am confused as l can't work and my sponsor is currently breastfeeding our new born baby and my sponsor is out of work. My open work permit application was put on hold up till date until l they decide the PR. I really don't know what to do now.we submitted everything to show we are married couple yet l really don't know why the officer made comment on the relationship is within 2months of first meeting
You overstayed, was out of status and get married 2 months after first meeting. Plenty of red flags there. Having a child doesn't mean your relationship is automatically genuine and your application is automatically approved. They are doing their due diligence as they are trained to.

Your sponsor can claim EI Maternity and Parental benefits.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
You normally don't get a letter for that if your file is transferred to your local office before AIP. What is the status now on ECAS if you log in as the sponsor?

The AIP letter will not have a sentence stating approval in principle, that's simply a letter to the PA stating that the PA is eligible to apply in that class. Did the PA received such a letter?

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
You overstayed, was out of status and get married 2 months after first meeting. Plenty of red flags there. Having a child doesn't mean your relationship is automatically genuine and your application is automatically approved. They are doing their due diligence as they are trained to.

Your sponsor can claim EI Maternity and Parental benefits.
Ok l would wait for them to call me for interview then l would proof beyond reasonable doubts that our relationship is genuine and not enter into for the purpose of immigration. Besides I have been in Canada in the year 2012 and had returned same and re enter Canada 2016, while on holidays l met my wife, love is love and it doesn't matter the shorter or longer dating before one decide to marry.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
You normally don't get a letter for that if your file is transferred to your local office before AIP. What is the status now on ECAS if you log in as the sponsor?

The AIP letter will not have a sentence stating approval in principle, that's simply a letter to the PA stating that the PA is eligible to apply in that class. Did the PA received such a letter?
on ecas, DM on sponsorship. still ‘in process’ for the PR side.

yup i know what an AIP letter is. the letter she received is simply notifying her of the transfer and here’s the first paragraph:

Dear Ms xxx

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Ottawa for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

Reactions: Attak

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
on ecas, DM on sponsorship. still ‘in process’ for the PR side.

yup i know what an AIP letter is. the letter she received is simply notifying her of the transfer and here’s the first paragraph:

Dear Ms xxx

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Ottawa for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
Ok that's rare. So that might be an interview coming.

Reactions: Attak