+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
I am equally in the same issues my file was transferred for further assessment on the 6th July 2018 but my sponsor was approved on the 9th July,2018.my application was made on 8th may 2017.l ordered my GCSM notes and to my surprise the officer is indicating the fact that the application required an interview to exam bona fide. In the notes the officer had indicated that we got married within 2months of fisrt meeting, and we have limited history of relationship. The officer acknowledged we have a child yet the officer made reference to our relationship as limited history. The PA has overstayed and out of status .the PA has no chance of restoring the tourist visa. Since l received the transfer letter to Etobicoke l haven't heard from them .l don't know whether they would invite me for interview or whatever. I am confused as l can't work and my sponsor is currently breastfeeding our new born baby and my sponsor is out of work. My open work permit application was put on hold up till date until l they decide the PR. I really don't know what to do now.we submitted everything to show we are married couple yet l really don't know why the officer made comment on the relationship is within 2months of first meeting

Reactions: Fowl

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Oh spoke too soon They have decided to not give us an appointment now, have to send more information in and delay our process by another two months or so super fantastic, like serioulsy how could it change in such a short time. They already have all this information ! Like twice now.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Oh spoke too soon They have decided to not give us an appointment now, have to send more information in and delay our process by another two months or so super fantastic, like serioulsy how could it change in such a short time. They already have all this information ! Like twice now.
Wooow that's very sad, what type of documents do they need now? When was your appointment schedule to?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Wooow that's very sad, what type of documents do they need now? When was your appointment schedule to?
They want another police certificate (they have two already). They hadn't sent the landing appointment because they stopped the after the AIP, but watching everyone I assumed it would all come through at once like it usually does, especially when they are so close to their deadline. ( as in five days ). I'm literally beside myself right now I'm so upset

Reactions: Will_PA

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
They want another police certificate (they have two already). They hadn't sent the landing appointment because they stopped the after the AIP, but watching everyone I assumed it would all come through at once like it usually does, especially when they are so close to their deadline. ( as in five days ). I'm literally beside myself right now I'm so upset
Another police certificate from canada ? Or your home country?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Oh ok. That's very frustrating! So you mentioned you received three letters, I am assuming they are SA, AIP and DM. It really concerns that they could change their mind after DM.

Did you call IRCC to confirm what your lawyer said? Just to make sure.

All the best of luck to you two!

TeaDrinkerYVR

Aug 27, 2018
I am waiting.....I just got DM yesterday and told me Vancouver office will contact me.

hope they will contact us soon..

Whats your timeline?

thank you
We are similar timeline I think. Mine is Oct 2 AOR and DM letter received Aug 31 saying Vancouver office will contact us.

If you go back a few pages, you can see 2 timelines that were replying to me, that's how I came up with one month. So based on that, I'm expecting to land sometime Oct 1-5... but it's really just guessing.

Good luck!
(PS - thank you @MsCyn and @Shannonbella for your timelines!)

Reactions: Shannonbella

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
I am equally in the same issues my file was transferred for further assessment on the 6th July 2018 but my sponsor was approved on the 9th July,2018.my application was made on 8th may 2017.l ordered my GCSM notes and to my surprise the officer is indicating the fact that the application required an interview to exam bona fide. In the notes the officer had indicated that we got married within 2months of fisrt meeting, and we have limited history of relationship. The officer acknowledged we have a child yet the officer made reference to our relationship as limited history. The PA has overstayed and out of status .the PA has no chance of restoring the tourist visa. Since l received the transfer letter to Etobicoke l haven't heard from them .l don't know whether they would invite me for interview or whatever. I am confused as l can't work and my sponsor is currently breastfeeding our new born baby and my sponsor is out of work. My open work permit application was put on hold up till date until l they decide the PR. I really don't know what to do now.we submitted everything to show we are married couple yet l really don't know why the officer made comment on the relationship is within 2months of first meeting
Have you tried involving your MP?

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Got my PR card today!!! Landed in mtl office on July 10th
Finally all this is over!
CIC see you in 2 years for citizenship hahaha
Cheers!
Wow congrats.. I landed on June 21st and I still don't have any updates. I called last week and the guy said to just wait another 1-2 months and then call again. Ridiculous

Reactions: gabrielasqs