+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Not sure if someone got the same situation, but when I was looking for a place to take photos for my PR card, one guy gave me such a brilliant experience. I would like to share it here as I did take 3 sets of photos like he advised:

"Just a PSA because my wife and I learned this the hard way. There is a very good chance that CIC will screw up the processing of your photos and then demand that you send new ones (with a letter that implies that it was your fault, of course).

This happened to my wife on multiple occasions. After 3-4 months of frustration, I eventually contacted the office of our MP (Joël Lightbound) and got some answers. It turns out that CIC has recently changed the way in which they generate these cards. The new scanners are finicky and the images often don't come out properly - and the photos are destroyed in the process. Not to scare you, but apparently it can take up to 6 months (and not the stated 2 months) to generate a first PR card. Of course, CIC explained none of this and we went around to multiple places, thinking the problem was on our end.

Bottom line, be patient. You may consider sending multiple sets of photos with a cover letter explaining that they can be used in case they are needed. Good luck!"

Thank him again! I will go to Montreal office tomorrow for landing! Fingers crossed! :)

Scontario

Feb 28, 2017
aye thats a pain the arse mate, id give them a call and ask em if they have even sent it... i think they are processed in Nova Scotia. If you can manage to get a number for there id like to know ... i landed on 23rd July so im a fair bit behun you as well.

Edit :- 902-564-2763 found this seems to the case processing centre whether its right or not i dont know and whether they will give you answer its anyone's guess
Hey pal on the advice of a PR friend of mine I figured I'd wait until 3 months until following up... and it came in the post today! Glad to be 100% done with the whole process.

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Not sure if someone got the same situation, but when I was looking for a place to take photos for my PR card, one guy gave me such a brilliant experience. I would like to share it here as I did take 3 sets of photos like he advised:

"Just a PSA because my wife and I learned this the hard way. There is a very good chance that CIC will screw up the processing of your photos and then demand that you send new ones (with a letter that implies that it was your fault, of course).

This happened to my wife on multiple occasions. After 3-4 months of frustration, I eventually contacted the office of our MP (Joël Lightbound) and got some answers. It turns out that CIC has recently changed the way in which they generate these cards. The new scanners are finicky and the images often don't come out properly - and the photos are destroyed in the process. Not to scare you, but apparently it can take up to 6 months (and not the stated 2 months) to generate a first PR card. Of course, CIC explained none of this and we went around to multiple places, thinking the problem was on our end.

Bottom line, be patient. You may consider sending multiple sets of photos with a cover letter explaining that they can be used in case they are needed. Good luck!"

Thank him again! I will go to Montreal office tomorrow for landing! Fingers crossed! :)
Can u please tell us how was ur landing experience?

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Hey pal on the advice of a PR friend of mine I figured I'd wait until 3 months until following up... and it came in the post today! Glad to be 100% done with the whole process.
glad your done mate, should be a couple of months left for me i think

Anand P

Sep 15, 2017
Folks.. sept 17th applicant. She got landing interview dated for aug 21st next week!! but my spouse left to her home country due to a family emergency situation and she wont be back for another 2 weeks. Please advise if anyone have reschedule interview at etobicoke in the past. Suggestions welcome.

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Folks.. sept 17th applicant. She got landing interview dated for aug 21st next week!! but my spouse left to her home country due to a family emergency situation and she wont be back for another 2 weeks. Please advise if anyone have reschedule interview at etobicoke in the past. Suggestions welcome.
Do u know where is the landing interview? And since when she has the DM?