Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

March 7, 2017 application
Status on CAS:
Decision made on sponsor side (finally)
In process on applicant side

Status on MyCIC for applicant:
Eligibility passed

What kind of timeline am I looking at to have this all done by?
Applicant's status as worker will expire Sept 25th. Hope it gets done before then.

Last edited:

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi Guys,

Status on CAS:

Eligibility passed

Applicant's status as worker will expire Sept 25th. Hope it gets done before then.
I thought I was the only one from March..
Eligibility passed Aug 03
Sponsor approval Aug 08
Sponsor side. Decision Made
Applicant side . Process

Still waiting

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Just received interview letter for August 21th say to bring sin card and passport and second piece of ID and to bring the sponsor as well will this be interrogation interview or one of the easy ones with simple questions
It's called the landing interview, but there is no question to challenge you. They will ask if you committed any crime, if you have dependents that are not listed, the date of your last entry in Canada. You will review the CoPR document and confirm that there is no mistakes. The sponsor must be present and show ID. They might ask the sponsor if he/she is still willing to sponsor, but they don't always ask. You really have nothing to stress about, it's almost like if you would go to get a driving licence.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I thought I was the only one from March..
Eligibility passed Aug 03
Sponsor approval Aug 08
Sponsor side. Decision Made
Applicant side . Process

Still waiting
To be honest, I'm surprised you did not get DM already. Often, those applications taking longer are because the security checks were what was slowing down the process. So most of the time in these cases, DM comes really soon after SA and AIP. Give it a few more days, it should come! I certainly wish you to receive the good news anytime now!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Guys,

Status on CAS:

Eligibility passed

So you now have SA and AIP. Your DM should come soon. But.... if you see that by September 15th you're not done yet, apply to renew the OWP. By applying before it expires, you will be allowed to keep working until a decision is reached on the renewal. Most likely, you will be done before the renewal is processed, so you will be able to cancel the renewal and get refund for the OWP.

I certainly wish you to get DM soon to avoid having to reapply for the OWP.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
To be honest, I'm surprised you did not get DM already. Often, those applications taking longer are because the security checks were what was slowing down the process. So most of the time in these cases, DM comes really soon after SA and AIP. Give it a few more days, it should come! I certainly wish you to receive the good news anytime now!
Thanks!

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
It's called the landing interview, but there is no question to challenge you. They will ask if you committed any crime, if you have dependents that are not listed, the date of your last entry in Canada. You will review the CoPR document and confirm that there is no mistakes. The sponsor must be present and show ID. They might ask the sponsor if he/she is still willing to sponsor, but they don't always ask. You really have nothing to stress about, it's almost like if you would go to get a driving licence.
Thanks I was thinking that but online nothing had updated everything say still processing

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Guys i need help!
Anyone landed in montreal office and can tell me how many days/weeks it took before getting the landing appointement after getting the DM ?

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi @sylvain1 ,
My passport was seized and I’ve been reporting to CBSA ..long history..
Do you think this situation is delaying the final decision and landing appointment?
Thanks for your help!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Guys i need help!
Anyone landed in montreal office and can tell me how many days/weeks it took before getting the landing appointement after getting the DM ?
I called CIC and they said that since applicant got the DM, Montreal office will take maximum 6 weeks to release a landing letter for the applicant. No worries, you will have it soon : )

Reactions: Canada 321