07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello everyone,
I guess there is no news on December applicants yet? .. Medical submitted back in June.... Since then no news.

question for QC province applicants:
Guys how did you manage to get RAMQ with open work permit and letter from employer? Everyone is saying that I need to wait for AIP. Any tips?
We didn't try, because my wife was on a study permit during the whole process, but you apparently can get it with a letter from employer if you have a fulltime job.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello every today we received two letter from immigration saying we both eligibility for spouse sponsorship. But no decision has been made is it possible to be denied at this point. We are so nervous my wife will have leave Canada. Received September 21th mississauga office
This is SA and AIP. Nothing to worry, you would get document request if they would not be satisfied with something. The you would get a procedural fairness letter to warn you the are about to refuse your application. Assuming you didn't get this procedural fairness letter, your application is on the right track and you should have nothing to worry about!

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
This is SA and AIP. Nothing to worry, you would get document request if they would not be satisfied with something. The you would get a procedural fairness letter to warn you the are about to refuse your application. Assuming you didn't get this procedural fairness letter, your application is on the right track and you should have nothing to worry about!
Thanks for the positive vibe hopefully it all over soon

Reactions: sylvain1

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys just want to ask how long will it take to process background check? September applicant here, everyday I check tru online status tool, since I can't link my application to my account, it just shows there received medical. But when i call cic tru the self serve, it says my eligibility has not been process, and background check is on process. So how long do I have to wait until I get the decision made?

shane21

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hi guys just want to ask how long will it take to process background check? September applicant here, everyday I check tru online status tool, since I can't link my application to my account, it just shows there received medical. But when i call cic tru the self serve, it says my eligibility has not been process, and background check is on process. So how long do I have to wait until I get the decision made?
When did u apply?

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hey @Fowl I haven't heard anything yet. I am also a bit frustrated and anxious. When was your due date? I wonder if there's more people that have crossed the year mark without hearing anything.[/QUOTD

David my date was August 4, 2017 so I've already passed my date, the cic call is still saying background checked is being processed n they're checking if I meet the eligibility. I still didn't get AIP neither SA

Reactions: david_gat88
Jun 24, 2018
I am hoping someone can help and and answer this.

My husband has received a letter asking for the copy of his passport and his pictures. We have sent the documents and now are waiting for his confirmation of PR.

We emailed immigration in UK asking what is happening as his medical is about to expire and had now received he CoPR back yet.
Do we need to be concerned????

This was the response:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your message. We note that the passport request letter for this application was sent in error. Please note that the medical results for this application have been reassessed and the validity has been extended until 13 August 2019. Your passport copy and photos will be forwarded to the Visa Printing Unit to print your Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Your documents will be sent to your address in due course. We trust the above is of assistance.

Yours sincerely, RIH Program Assistant Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l’immigration et des services médicaux Canada House | Maison du Canada Trafalgar Square London | Londres United Kingdom SW1Y 5BJ

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
We didn't try, because my wife was on a study permit during the whole process, but you apparently can get it with a letter from employer if you have a fulltime job.
No still....even though I have a letter from my full time job they said I have to wait for AIP....

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Hello everyone,
I applied inland spousal sponsorship on January 2017 and this year on may I’ve got an e-mail saying that we are approved. Also since may when I check app status online I see DM. After that anyone knows what’s the wait time to get call in notice to go immigration to sign the papers?
Thank you.
Wait this is so long! Did u try to call? Im afraid that we should wait so much as well !!!

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
I landed on August 2nd in Montréal. Got my DM and Landing letter on August 31th
I got you u got it july 31st and landed in august 2nd.. im sorry can i have ur timeline!? Mississuagua office took care of it? I see DM on ECAS both sides since friday but nothing on my cic account.. so worried

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Great! So you don't have a specific time and date, you just go whenever you want? That would be a great improvement if that stays like that.
Seeing messages late. I'm more active on the Facebook group. Indeed we went on any day available before the deadline It took us 10 minutes and it was done! It was quite simple and done at a counter. I also saw DM before the end of the week and it took 4 days to receive our landing email, for some people it can take around a week, if it takes more than that I recommend you to give them a call. And yes, it was all done by the Mississauga CIC Office.

Last edited:

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I got you u got it july 31st and landed in august 2nd.. im sorry can i have ur timeline!? Mississuagua office took care of it? I see DM on ECAS both sides since friday but nothing on my cic account.. so worried
App received by CIC: Aug 23rd, 2017 - AOR: Oct 10th, 2017
CSQ request to Sponsor: Oct 12th 2017 - App received by MIDI on October 16th 2017- CSQ approved on Nov 1st 2017
Sched A and PCC request: October 10th 2017 - Submitted on October 17th 2017- Background check in progress January 5th 2018

Medicals done upfront and passed on October 10th 2017
OWP Submitted:
Aug 23rd 2017 - OWP linked on Oct 16th 2017- Approved on Nov 24th 2017 - Received on Nov 30th 2017
Review of Eligibility started: July 25th 2018
Decision Made: July 26th 2018 - Sponsor Approval: July 27th 2018 -
Appointment and DM letter: July 30th 2018
Landed at Montreal's Office: August 2nd 2018 (Total of 344 days) - Linked PR Card on GcKey: August 3rd 2018

Here, I updated my timeline on my signature!