+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

wesren00

Aug 11, 2018
Application received on September 7, 2017 Inland applicant

Current status

Review of eligibility-We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results-You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents-The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview-You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics-We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check-We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision-Our application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

received the request letter of Schedule A(IMM 5669) and police certificates on November 16, 2017
I have already submitted the RCMP police certificate( it was issued on Nov 20 2017) to CIC with Schedule A and the other police certificate frm my hometown via IRCC form .
and got reception email from an agent on Dec 13 2017.
Medical exam passed in late July 2017
But on August 9 2018, I received a request letter from CIC again asking for RCMP police certificate. Have no idea why they would ask for it again...
I called CIC immediately and the agent said he didn't see any RCMP police cert on my file ....then I resubmitted it again to My Account on the same day.
So frustrated. has anybody run into the same salutation as my case? Thanks

Last edited:

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Nov 2017 application for inland spousal sponsership- medical done in june no update yet. We only attached canadian policae clearance, havent heard from cic yet for police clearance from back home. Do they ask or it depnds on scenarios??? If they do when usually do they ask? After SA and AIP approvals or before? Any thoughts?

German89

Jul 17, 2017
hi, I am Sept 22, 2017 Inland, I am checking everyday my Ecas...and MyCic I know its crazy.
So after my medical was passed, both PA and SA on Ecas said in Process, then SA changed back to Application Received. Since then NOTHING. That was end of April. When I click though on the link "Application Received " It says we started processing your Application November, 23, 2017. So , how come it changes back? This wait is driving me crazy, m not at 11 months and slowly but steady losing it *rant over lol*

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
hi, I am Sept 22, 2017 Inland, I am checking everyday my Ecas...and MyCic I know its crazy.
So after my medical was passed, both PA and SA on Ecas said in Process, then SA changed back to Application Received. Since then NOTHING. That was end of April. When I click though on the link "Application Received " It says we started processing your Application November, 23, 2017. So , how come it changes back? This wait is driving me crazy, m not at 11 months and slowly but steady losing it *rant over lol*
I am in the same boat. I am Nov 2017 applicant and Exactly same thing happened

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Nov 2017 application for inland spousal sponsership- medical done in june no update yet. We only attached canadian policae clearance, havent heard from cic yet for police clearance from back home. Do they ask or it depnds on scenarios??? If they do when usually do they ask? After SA and AIP approvals or before? Any thoughts?
Normally it's foreign criminal check they are asking for upfront, not Canadian?

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Guys any august applicants with some good news? Im so nervous ..
application received august 21st 2017
Last friday i saw DM on ECAS but cic not changing and no emails or any news..

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I guess I'm done. Just received my landing interview date right on my birthday :) So I land on August 29th in Vancouver. Good luck everyone!
Best gift ever!! Happy Birthday!!

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are September applicant (Toronto). Our application form was received on Sept 25th.

Medical was completed back in May and Portal/Ecas was updated to medical passed some time after, and since then we haven't hear back.

As we are approaching our 12 months mark, I was wondering if I should contact the CIC or just be patient about it?

Has any late September applicant received their DM yet?

UKCanada

Nov 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are September applicant (Toronto). Our application form was received on Sept 25th.

Medical was completed back in May and Portal/Ecas was updated to medical passed some time after, and since then we haven't hear back.

As we are approaching our 12 months mark, I was wondering if I should contact the CIC or just be patient about it?

Just be patient, we are September 11 and just got DM Friday. You will receive it shortly I'm sure :)

Reactions: Danish1371

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am in the same situation, we are a September 15, 2017 applicants. just try and be patient (I know it's hard)

nickmurph89

Feb 25, 2018
AIP and OHIP question,

Hi everyone,

I'm a November 2017 applicant.
My timeline is.

Application Submitted: November 7th, 2017
Sched. A requested: January 10th, 2018
Medical Requested: May 11th, 2018

Wondering how long into the process people have been receiving AIP in the past few months?

I'm currently on a study visa as I'm doing a Masters at the University of Toronto. I married my Canadian wife in August 2017 and we submitted the PR application in early November.
Since I am now a dependent of a Canadian citizen, I no longer pay international fees at University. One of the mandatory conditions of being an international student is that you purchase the UHIP health insurance plan. I'm no longer an international student but, as I understand it, I am not eligible for OHIP until I have AIP.

I'm due to pay for another year of UHIP in September and I'm trying to gauge whether there is a chance I will have received AIP before then.

Thanks in advance,

Nick