+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Lots of people here said that MyCIC status will not change anything until we go to Montreal office (after receiving a landing letter, or in my case is Appointment letter"), then the status will be changed to "Approved"!

Last week, when I called to toll free number, they told me that it takes maximum 6 weeks for Montreal office to work out for a landing letter/ appointment letter since applicants receive a DM letter. For my case, it took more than 2 weeks.
It took you more than two weeks to get the appointement letter.. but it took you how many days for the DM ? I only see it in my ECAS i didnt receive a letter yet.. was it at mississuaga your app? When u sent it?

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Guys how do you receive the DM LETTER? By email /mail or on your cic online account?
Im so currious to know the next steps !
Application received on 21 august 2017
Medicals approved august 1st 2018
SA & AIP july 11 2018
This morning saw the DM on ECAS on both sides (mine and my husband’s)
Nothing changed on CIC account..
Is it normal what is happening?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Guys how do you receive the DM LETTER? By email /mail or on your cic online account?
Im so currious to know the next steps !
Application received on 21 august 2017
Medicals approved august 1st 2018
SA & AIP july 11 2018
This morning saw the DM on ECAS on both sides (mine and my husband’s)
Nothing changed on CIC account..
Is it normal what is happening?
The DM letter may come, May not come, or may come with delays. Don't worry about that letter. The fact you see DM on both sides on ecas means you're done!

The DM letter normally comes to the CIC account.
The landing appointment letter, for us, was e-mailed to me (the sponsor), to my wife, and to her cic account.

Your status on cic account will not update until after your landing.

Already, with the AIP letter, you can register to the health insurance program in your province.

Reactions: dangvt2

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
The DM letter may come, May not come, or may come with delays. Don't worry about that letter. The fact you see DM on both sides on ecas means you're done!

The landing appointment letter, for us, was e-mailed to me (the sponsor), to my wife, and to her cic account.

Already, with the AIP letter, you can register to the health insurance program in your province.
Wow so helpful thank you !!!

Reactions: sylvain1

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
It took you more than two weeks to get the appointement letter.. but it took you how many days for the DM ? I only see it in my ECAS i didnt receive a letter yet.. was it at mississuaga your app? When u sent it?
Oh sorry, here is my real timeline:

Sent application (PR + OWP): August 14th 2017 ---> CIC received application (PR + OWP): August 17th 2017
Applicant received the 1st email (App # + UCI): October 4th 2017
Applicant received the 1st request for PC + SA: October 4th 2017
(on MyCIC)
Sponsor received the 1st AOR: October 5th 2017 ---> Sponsor received CSQ request: October 13th 2017
Uploaded PC + SA: November 1st 2017
Got CSQ: November 8th 2017 ---> Uploaded CSQ: November 16th 2017
Got confirmation on OWP: November 25th 2017 ---> Got OWP by mail: December 1st 2017
Med request: March 20 2018 ---> Exam: April 11 2018 ---> Passed Med exam: April 14 2018

AIP: July 10th ---> SA: July 11th ---> DM letter: July 16th ---> Appointment/ Landing letter: Aug 6th

Hey but still, lots of people don't get a DM letter at all, they just received a landing letter so I think you don't need to think about DM letter :)

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018

@sylvain1
I went to Service Ontario today with my AIP. They refused and said come back with the COPR. The OHIP website clearly states that AIP should suffice and I informed the agent accordingly. No luck. Will try a different Service Ontario office.

Reactions: sylvain1

YuliaYulia

Jun 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Congratulations!!! You were worrying for nothing. Enjoy.
Thanks!)
Actually I was pretty patient as 12 month mark is still ahead)
In fact I also received Invitation to Pre-arrival services in my CIC account. Never heard about that before.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
i have received a message in my cic account its subject ( event scheduled) but i can not open it . what does it mean?
please
If you clicked on it, check your downloads.