+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Call early in the morning . I always reach them from 9am .
Call the number and follow this .push
1 1 2 3 ( You will listen to the statut of your application at this point ). After push 0 and they will connect you with an agent.
Thanks! Is it the correct phone number: 1-888-242-2100

I did listen to my status one time and I did not remember what I chose for the next step, however, the phone call was hang up automatically! :(
I will try it tmr morning!

[Updated]: I did follow the steps like yours, but I called in the afternoon. I will try calling them tmr at 9 am then.

Reactions: Layna

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
16th Oct '17 Applicant here. Sponsor received SA by email on 25th July. I received Landing Letter today 30th July.

So now, waiting for "Vancouver Immigration will contactyou to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."
Does that mean.. I will have to go for interview? And anyone knows what is the waiting time for the immigration to contact us?

AshaMc

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Common Abbreviations:
AOR: Acknowledgment of Receipt (letter saying they have your app) (generally first sent to sponsor)
Second AOR: same as above but sent to applicant.
SA: Sponsor Approval
AIP: Approval in Principle (first stage approval for Applicant)
DM: Decision Made
OWP: Open Work Permit
ECAS: E-Client Application Status
PPR: Passport Request (for outland apps)
MP: Member of Parliament
COPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (you receive this document after your landing interview)
Thanks much

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Got DM letter and Appointment letter today! I can go any day I can until August 18th. I'll go on Thrusday since my husband is free that day.
Great! So you don't have a specific time and date, you just go whenever you want? That would be a great improvement if that stays like that.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
16th Oct '17 Applicant here. Sponsor received SA by email on 25th July. I received Landing Letter today 30th July.

So now, waiting for "Vancouver Immigration will contactyou to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."
Does that mean.. I will have to go for interview? And anyone knows what is the waiting time for the immigration to contact us?
everybody goes for the landing interview, but don't think of it as an interview, it's rather just an appointment in which they will issue you your CoPR. Nothing to worry about that.

Reactions: MsCyn

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
So I called CIC suscessfully for the first time! The maximum delayed length of sending a landing letter from Montreal office to applicants is 8 weeks. I just passed 2 weeks since I received a DM letter, so be patient!

Also, I just realized that on my CIC account, they updated information of Bio-metrics like number, expired date for me.

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
I noticed a new addition to the information on my GCKey page. It now states my biometric number, date of biometric enrollment (which is the date I applied for visit visa) and expiry of biometric data (10 years from enrollment).

Question. Is this new info or has it been there all along and I somehow missed it?

Reactions: Layna and Amsadek4u

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I noticed a new addition to the information on my GCKey page. It now states my biometric number, date of biometric enrollment (which is the date I applied for visit visa) and expiry of biometric data (10 years from enrollment).

Question. Is this new info or has it been there all along and I somehow missed it?
I know on the login page it said something about "starting from the 31st of July if you're from certain countries you have to give biometrics when applying for visas etc". Infact it now says on the login page:

You need to give your biometrics
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, Middle East and Africa.

Find out who needs to give biometrics.

Not sure if means for people applying today and onwards or what though.