+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Sometimes letters are not sent or sent with a lot of delay. But DM on the sponsor side is SA.
Regarding visits, I don't think they do anymore. I heard that in the past, but even then, it was very rare. In a relationship interview they can spot quite rapidly who is in a genuine relationship and who's not.
But I'm not sure this is what will happen to you neither. But when the file gets transferred to the local office before AIP, this is normally a sign there is something they are not convinced about.
Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: sylvain1

Layna

Jul 28, 2018
Hello . I am new in this forum so i need some answers if you can help me .
My application was received on 2017 september 13 .
AOR : 2017 november 07
Schuddle A and backround check : 2017 november 17
Request medical exam : 2018 April 09
Medical passed : 2018 april 21
My account shows this :
Review of eligibilty : your application is in progress we will send you .....
Medical exam : passed
Additional documents : we are reviewing the additional documents that you provided
Interview : N/A
Fingerprint : N/A
Backround check : we are processing your backround check.

Until now i did not receive any thing from them since medical passed .i know i am not 12 moths pass but my friends told me that is wired that they start processing your backround check before they start the review of eligibilty.
Is that true ???
I called immigration they told me nothing no help just that my application is in vancouver now .my application was in mississuga . They did not say why.
Can you help me please.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
We submitted our applications in August 2017,

My being the sponsored my husband(Canadian) is sponsoring me.

This week i received an update saying that Montreal’s immigration office will contact me to determine the final decision of my PR status. I’ve looked on here and saw it’s like a small series of questions. So now I’m waiting to see if contact means call or email. To be continued I guess
Same here, I got that letter, I asked people here and some guy answered me that it was a DM letter. Contacting here which means a landing letter, not a phone call. So I'm waiting for the landing letter like you. Finger crossed that it will come soon, next week please!!!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Good news! We just got DM on ECAS for both sponsor and PA. (Nothing on the CIC page yet).

I guess I am now waiting for the DM letter (through email I believe). Also, should I expect to receive a phone call for the interview? I am currently on vacation until end of August so I am quite worried about that. Should I call CIC to inform about that?

Thank you so much!
DM letters may or may not come, or may come with delay. This is happening regularly, so don't worry if you don't get it fast. It should come by email to the PA and in the mycic account. The fact you see DM on both sides means you're done and waiting for a landing interview. It normally comes by email. In our case it came as an email to both the sponsor (me) and the PA (my wife). But I think it normally comes to the PA. Depending on your location it might take from 1-8 weeks to get this landing appointment. If you are not available for the schedule time, you will have contact information on the letter to ask for a reschedule.

Congratulations on your DM!

Reactions: dangvt2

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
We submitted our applications in August 2017,

My being the sponsored my husband(Canadian) is sponsoring me.

This week i received an update saying that Montreal’s immigration office will contact me to determine the final decision of my PR status. I’ve looked on here and saw it’s like a small series of questions. So now I’m waiting to see if contact means call or email. To be continued I guess
Normally email, and Montreal office is slow (because it's very busy being the only office for the whole province). Expect a few more weeks.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello . I am new in this forum so i need some answers if you can help me .
My application was received on 2017 september 13 .
AOR : 2017 november 07
Schuddle A and backround check : 2017 november 17
Request medical exam : 2018 April 09
Medical passed : 2018 april 21
My account shows this :
Review of eligibilty : your application is in progress we will send you .....
Medical exam : passed
Additional documents : we are reviewing the additional documents that you provided
Interview : N/A
Fingerprint : N/A
Backround check : we are processing your backround check.

Until now i did not receive any thing from them since medical passed .i know i am not 12 moths pass but my friends told me that is wired that they start processing your backround check before they start the review of eligibilty.
Is that true ???
I called immigration they told me nothing no help just that my application is in vancouver now .my application was in mississuga . They did not say why.
Can you help me please.
It seems a lot of files were transferred to Vancouver, so you're not alone in that boat and should not worry about it.

They might have already looked at your eligibility but without updating your account. For that, ECAS is usually more up to date.

Reactions: Layna

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Normally email, and Montreal office is slow (because it's very busy being the only office for the whole province). Expect a few more weeks.
We can’t tell exactly how Montreal’s office works because e.i me I received DM on a Friday and the next Monday morning I received landing letter,some people got in about 10 days after dm.. that’s pretty inconsistent! haha

Reactions: sylvain1

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

We provided additional documents on Thursday which changed the status to provided. Now it says 'Not applicable'

I'm pretty sure this is normal and means everything is okay, but I just wanted to check :)

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
August 23rd here, I saw they started reviewing my eligibility on July 25th and later that day I already had DM showing on both sides of ECAS, my husband received SA on July 26th and I received a pre-arrival services letter... However, no AIP letter, no DM letter nor appointment yet. Gckey still says that no decision has been made and that they are still reviewing me.

AshaMc

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Can someone please make a post on what all the abbreviations are. I would have but even I dont know.
Thanks much

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Can someone please make a post on what all the abbreviations are. I would have but even I dont know.
Thanks much
SA: Sponsor Approval
AIP: Approval in Principle (first stage approval for Applicant)
DM: Decision Made
OWP: Open Work Permit
ECAS: E-Client Application Status
MP: Member of Parliament

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Thanks much
Common Abbreviations:
AOR: Acknowledgment of Receipt (letter saying they have your app) (generally first sent to sponsor)
Second AOR: same as above but sent to applicant.
SA: Sponsor Approval
AIP: Approval in Principle (first stage approval for Applicant)
DM: Decision Made
OWP: Open Work Permit
ECAS: E-Client Application Status
PPR: Passport Request (for outland apps)
MP: Member of Parliament
COPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (you receive this document after your landing interview)

Reactions: AshaMc

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Where is your office? What kind of things have you tried?
I'm in Vancouver but it's being processed in Mississauga. Have been speaking with an MP's office since May who are helping and looking into the progress as CIC has pretty much stopped giving me updates or answers, none of my accounts have been updated for months. According to the MP's office, our application is in the final stage which is security checks, but it has been like this since the end of May, and we are getting them to check in every few weeks. When I send a web form asking why it's taking so long, I just get the standard "we are still processing your application, rest assured we will contact you when it's completed" blah blah blah.....

They have all my info and documents, some of which they have lost before or sent messages asking for documents but those messages never came through. I got AIP officially on July 5th, but the MP's office informed me this had been confirmed a few weeks before. I called the help line and only when I told them I know I have AIP did the confirmation email come through the next day.

There's really no explanation I can think of as to why it's taking so long

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I asked here 3 times and there were 3 nice members told me how to call the toll free but I could not reach the agent, ever!!! It always ended up with closing tone. Can someone please share your guidance to call the agent? I have received the DM letter for more than 2 weeks, I would like to call them to ask for a landing letter, but I could not!!!

Layna

Jul 28, 2018
I asked here 3 times and there were 3 nice members told me how to call the toll free but I could not reach the agent, ever!!! It always ended up with closing tone. Can someone please share your guidance to call the agent? I have received the DM letter for more than 2 weeks, I would like to call them to ask for a landing letter, but I could not!!!
Call early in the morning . I always reach them from 9am .
Call the number and follow this .push
1 1 2 3 ( You will listen to the statut of your application at this point ). After push 0 and they will connect you with an agent.

Reactions: Trinh