AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Mine went from Mississauga to Vancouver and I called today and it is in Edmonton, where I live, I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.
I went briefly through your previous posts. I saw that you said you saw DM on your wife's side, so that would be sponsor (SA). I haven't seen that you received AIP. If that's the case (no AIP yet) and your file is transferred to your local office, it is usually because they have doubts about something and they might call you in an interview. If that's actually the case, you shouldn't worry too much neither. They will give you the opportunity to address their concerns.

My guess (if SA, no AIP, and transferred to your local office) is they might have doubts about your relationship. If you're indeed called for a relationship interview, just be honest. People in a genuine relationship shouldn't be afraid of this interview. They might ask very personal questions like how often do you have sex.... and some lighter questions like which side of the bed do you sleep, what is the colour of the curtains,...

If you have SA and AIP already and not DM, but transferred to your local office. That could simply be a quality assessment interview. Much lighter!

If you see DM on both sides on ECAS and your file is transferred to your local office, then you're done. You're waiting for the landing interview.

In any cases, I wish you the best and as soon as possible!

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Heyyy congratulations.
Yes it is normal. My application was sent from Mississauga to Vancouver too .when I called yesterday they said it is normal because Mississauga is too busy so they send some files to Vancouver.
Hope I ll be Next lol my AOR was 08 november.
Can you share your time line please ?
Thank you
Sep 8 – CPC received the documents
Nov 2 – AOR (PA only) and requests for Schedule A and police certificate
Apr 9 – Medical request
July 27 – AIP and SA

Last edited:
Reactions: jeet07

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Mine went from Mississauga to Vancouver and I called today and it is in Edmonton, where I live, I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.
I live in Ontario so I sent the application to Mississauga. But I am moving to Alberta at the end of August. Should I call them in advance to let them know? or will I receive DM before then?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I live in Ontario so I sent the application to Mississauga. But I am moving to Alberta at the end of August. Should I call them in advance to let them know? or will I receive DM before then?
I don't know your timeline, but even if you get your DM before, the landing interview is likely to be a few weeks later. When you will reach 3 weeks before moving, you can change your address:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coa

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Sep 8 – CPC received the documents
Nov 2 – AOR (PA only) and requests for Schedule A and police certificate
Apr 9 – Medical request
July 27 – AIP (both sponsor and PA)
I just saw that previous post. What do you mean by AIP (both sponsor and PA)? What do you see on ECAS when login in as the sponsor? Do you see decision made on both sides or only the sponsor side? Because AIP is for the PA only.

If on both sides, you're done a really waiting for the landing interview, which can happen anytime now.
If only on the sponsor side, then it means SA, and possibly AIP if the PA got a letter confirming his/her eligibility. Then, you would be waiting for DM on your case, which can still happen fast, but landing will likely be few weeks after DM.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I went briefly through your previous posts. I saw that you said you saw DM on your wife's side, so that would be sponsor (SA). I haven't seen that you received AIP. If that's the case (no AIP yet) and your file is transferred to your local office, it is usually because they have doubts about something and they might call you in an interview. If that's actually the case, you shouldn't worry too much neither. They will give you the opportunity to address their concerns.

My guess (if SA, no AIP, and transferred to your local office) is they might have doubts about your relationship. If you're indeed called for a relationship interview, just be honest. People in a genuine relationship shouldn't be afraid of this interview. They might ask very personal questions like how often do you have sex.... and some lighter questions like which side of the bed do you sleep, what is the colour of the curtains,...

If you have SA and AIP already and not DM, but transferred to your local office. That could simply be a quality assessment interview. Much lighter!

If you see DM on both sides on ECAS and your file is transferred to your local office, then you're done. You're waiting for the landing interview.

In any cases, I wish you the best and as soon as possible!
Thank you for your response!

I am and have been without status for a while and indeed, haven't received AIP yet. Well, I am glad they allow us to address any concern they have. Luckily it'll be here in Edmonton.

Reactions: sylvain1

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
I just saw that previous post. What do you mean by AIP (both sponsor and PA)? What do you see on ECAS when login in as the sponsor? Do you see decision made on both sides or only the sponsor side? Because AIP is for the PA only.

If on both sides, you're done a really waiting for the landing interview, which can happen anytime now.
If only on the sponsor side, then it means SA, and possibly AIP if the PA got a letter confirming his/her eligibility. Then, you would be waiting for DM on your case, which can still happen fast, but landing will likely be few weeks after DM.
Sorry for the confusion. I am not very familiar with the AIP and SA concept.
So, in my case, PA got an Eligibility Passed letter on CIC website (so I guess this is AIP) and sponsor received the eligibility letter via email (is this SA?)
Then we are waiting for DM right?

on ECAS, we only see "Medical results have been received" as the latest info on both PA and sponsor sides. IS this normal?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Sorry for the confusion. I am not very familiar with the AIP and SA concept.
So, in my case, PA got an Eligibility Passed letter on CIC website (so I guess this is AIP) and sponsor received the eligibility letter via email (is this SA?)
Then we are waiting for DM right?

on ECAS, we only see "Medical results have been received" as the latest info on both PA and sponsor sides. IS this normal?
On ECAS, you either can login as the PA (then you see only the PA status) or you can login as the sponsor ( then you see both status). Because you got already SA (sponsor approval), you would see decision made on the sponsor side. AIP (approval in principle) will not change the status on the PA side, but your letter about eligibility to the PA is the AIP. So your application is on the good track. They have no doubts about your relationship or cohabitation, they just need to complete your security checks.

So keep checking ECAS, when you will see decision made on the PA side, you'll know you're done.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Thank you for your response!

I am and have been without status for a while and indeed, haven't received AIP yet. Well, I am glad they allow us to address any concern they have. Luckily it'll be here in Edmonton.
Just as a side note, even though I saw DM on wife's, we haven't received any letter/email. Wouldn't it be easier for them to come and see where we live and how we live? If they have any doubt about our relationship.

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
On ECAS, you either can login as the PA (then you see only the PA status) or you can login as the sponsor ( then you see both status). Because you got already SA (sponsor approval), you would see decision made on the sponsor side. AIP (approval in principle) will not change the status on the PA side, but your letter about eligibility to the PA is the AIP. So your application is on the good track. They have no doubts about your relationship or cohabitation, they just need to complete your security checks.

So keep checking ECAS, when you will see decision made on the PA side, you'll know you're done.
We didn't see any DM on ECAS when we login as a sponsor or as a PA. We will check ECAS everyday. Hope to see the DM soon.
Thanks for all your help.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Just as a side note, even though I saw DM on wife's, we haven't received any letter/email. Wouldn't it be easier for them to come and see where we live and how we live? If they have any doubt about our relationship.
Sometimes letters are not sent or sent with a lot of delay. But DM on the sponsor side is SA.
Regarding visits, I don't think they do anymore. I heard that in the past, but even then, it was very rare. In a relationship interview they can spot quite rapidly who is in a genuine relationship and who's not.
But I'm not sure this is what will happen to you neither. But when the file gets transferred to the local office before AIP, this is normally a sign there is something they are not convinced about.

Reactions: david_gat88

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
We didn't see any DM on ECAS when we login as a sponsor or as a PA. We will check ECAS everyday. Hope to see the DM soon.
Thanks for all your help.
That's a bit strange, but I would not worry. If you got those letters, you definitely have SA and AIP.

Reactions: dangvt2

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
That's a bit strange, but I would not worry. If you got those letters, you definitely have SA and AIP.
Good news! We just got DM on ECAS for both sponsor and PA. (Nothing on the CIC page yet).

I guess I am now waiting for the DM letter (through email I believe). Also, should I expect to receive a phone call for the interview? I am currently on vacation until end of August so I am quite worried about that. Should I call CIC to inform about that?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
We submitted our applications in August 2017,

My being the sponsored my husband(Canadian) is sponsoring me.

This week i received an update saying that Montreal’s immigration office will contact me to determine the final decision of my PR status. I’ve looked on here and saw it’s like a small series of questions. So now I’m waiting to see if contact means call or email. To be continued I guess

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I could see myself screwing this up... although perhaps not the curtains part ( I hate the curtains in our room !)

Also good luck to the OP, it will all come right.