+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
What are the usual requirements for an interview. What kind of paperwork are we expecting?

Photographs? Passport sized? Anything? Just curious cause I DO NOT photograph well lol( I make awkward faces like Chandler Bing maybe even worse!) So will have to make a few attempts before I am satisfied with my picture to give to IRCC to be forever posted on my PR card.
Make sure you tell them its for a PR card st the photographers, they will do the correct sizing for you (it’s slightly different to a passport photo. My wife got hers at Costco today in preparation for landing in a few days. Costco is the cheapest at 6.99, we used shoppers before and was around 13 dollars. I wouldn’t worry how you look, most people look their worst in IDs!

On my wife’s letter it says the only paperwork you need for landing is a print off of the landing letter, receipt of payment of the PR fee, immigration documents you have such as visitor records, proof of identity (birth certificate)and your passport. Sponsor needs their picture ID. Not sure if some people get asked for proof of cohabitation but we weren’t asked that.

Reactions: RecentGrad

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Make sure you tell them its for a PR card st the photographers, they will do the correct sizing for you (it’s slightly different to a passport photo. My wife got hers at Costco today in preparation for landing in a few days. Costco is the cheapest at 6.99, we used shoppers before and was around 13 dollars. I wouldn’t worry how you look, most people look their worst in IDs!

On my wife’s letter it says the only paperwork you need for landing is a print off of the landing letter, receipt of payment of the PR fee, immigration documents you have such as visitor records, proof of identity (birth certificate)and your passport. Sponsor needs their picture ID. Not sure if some people get asked for proof of cohabitation but we weren’t asked that.
That sounds awesome. So the lost of requirements does not actually state they need photographs?

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
No you definitely need photos, forgot to add that to the list though I was listing the paperwork needed.
Oh okay! That’s perfect! Thank you for the reply. I will now patiently wait for my letter. I guess hopefully it comes! People have waited long enough, Its nerve wracking

Kunlexy

Jul 5, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question
I just got asked for a Police Certificate, the thing is I came to Canada in Aug 2015, and since then I've never left Canada.
I have a PCC from my country, I got it 2 months before I came to Canada (June 2015) which I had to submit it for my student visa.
Can I use this PCC, since I've never left Canada since then?
Yes you should! I was in the same situation with you and I sent that in, then I attached a letter stating why I’m only sending that in.

Reactions: shahriar6567

Kunlexy

Jul 5, 2018
Oh la la! Can't believe it! I just received landing letter 10 minutes ago!!! My husband who is my sponsor hasn't received a DM letter yet, but I know that lots of people here just received landing letter without the DM letter so I'm not surprised! I'm so happy! Soonnnn!

I wish you all will get PR cards soonnn! Love!!!
Congratulations

jli297

Jul 19, 2018
Why is it so long?
Have you checked with them with what's been happening? Your CIC account? Sometimes they require stuffs up there without notifying you.
I emailed them a few time and called in last week. They always said everything appears to be in order and my application is in process.
I'm wondering maybe it took so long because I failed to link with CIC account.

jli297

Jul 19, 2018
Sooo long. I'm sorry to hear that.
Do you think there's any redflag on your application?
Maybe you should talk to your PM and ask them to try to find out what's going on.
And order your notes. If you haven't done it yet.
Thank you:)
I could not link with CIC account until last week. Maybe this is the reason it took so long? I applied by myself.
Can you please let me know how to order notes?
Thanks!!!

jli297

Jul 19, 2018
Hi !!
I am ALSO March 2017 Applicant!!
Here's my timeline.

CICstarted processing my application - Mar 28, 2017

Schedule A and Police Check requested - Feb 08, 2017 (Beuacse I am applying for the visitor visa extension before submitting the PR application.)

Medical request - Apr 27, 2017

Request letter - We sent you correspondence on Mar 05, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

AIP - July 11, 2018

After AIP, I am still waiting for DM.
Congratulations!!
I have not heard back any good news from CIC:(:(:(

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
That was quite slow actually! We applied August 12th, 2015! And my wife got PR in May 26th, 2017! So almost 22 months.

But yah, from now news at all, then SA, AIP separated be a minute or so. Then the next morning, DM.

We also went with the CSQ when we got it... then, after I learned we need AIP or DM to apply.
Oh I see, I thought your wife applied just last year! However, she got PR so congrats! :)

Reactions: sylvain1

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys , which AIP date month came recently . M waiting November’s :( Cbsa involved . Every Monday I wait for Aips wave :) but not that many notifications today

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
August 17th 2017 Applicant - Landed today at Etobicoke, good luck everyone on your journey signing off until i get my PR Card.