+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Yaaaaaayyyy! So good to hear that!
Congrats guys!

Some people still receive SA and DM letters. But technically after DM is landing letter and it’s probably not to busy the office there \0/.
Thanks, yes I never had any SA email yet but some people never get those. I wasn’t expecting the dm’s quite so fast, hopefully be fairly quick to landing now!

Reactions: btis

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi guys i just check my ecas it says DM on both sponsor application and pr application. What does it mean? It says also that they sent a correspondence regarding the decision on july 16,2018 but i did not received anything.
If you're doing it through a representative, ask them if they have received any emails. If not, just wait, it usually takes time for updates to show up. Congratulations, you're almost done

Reactions: Teamako

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Yes, or, you could also call them and ask after a couple days, just to make sure. I don't have the phone number, I am sure someone could provide it for you.
This was posted here a while ago and I kept it. :)
From what I've heard it's better to call early in the morning.

CALLING CIC FOR UPDATES Number to call: ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ → *When the machine starts talking* → Information of process: press 1 →
Information of status: press 1 → your application type PR: press 2
Now it will ask the application number (you enter it) then it will ask the year of birth. Once you put the correct information the machine will start saying the processing time (WAIT until she asks if you’ve wish to listen to your status) then press 1… It will give all the most recent updates of you process and when it is done it will ask if you wish to speak to an agent, you press 0, now you will be on hold (it can take 20-30 min ) Im not sure if there is any shortcut but I always do it and works, you will get to listen to your most recent updates which in my case helped a lot.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Yay August 17 buddies! :D

I didn't get a phone call from CIC; everything was done through email. The letter about the decision being made came about 4 hours after I got the email about landing today.
I haven't received any information for the landing date yet. My landing letter just said that:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Montreal Immigration will contact you
to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

So I'm still waiting again...

Reactions: Mutato_KT

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
This was posted here a while ago and I kept it. :)
From what I've heard it's better to call early in the morning.

CALLING CIC FOR UPDATES Number to call: ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ → *When the machine starts talking* → Information of process: press 1 →
Information of status: press 1 → your application type PR: press 2
Now it will ask the application number (you enter it) then it will ask the year of birth. Once you put the correct information the machine will start saying the processing time (WAIT until she asks if you’ve wish to listen to your status) then press 1… It will give all the most recent updates of you process and when it is done it will ask if you wish to speak to an agent, you press 0, now you will be on hold (it can take 20-30 min ) Im not sure if there is any shortcut but I always do it and works, you will get to listen to your most recent updates which in my case helped a lot.
I have never tried this before! It's a good tool if you all want to give it a try.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I haven't received any information for the landing date yet. My landing letter just said that:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Montreal Immigration will contact you
to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

So I'm still waiting again...
This is a DM letter, not a landing letter. Montreal used to be a bit slow (because it's a very busy office) to give landing appointment. In our case, we received the landing letter 8 weeks after the DM letter. The landing was for two weeks later.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
This is a DM letter, not a landing letter. Montreal used to be a bit slow (because it's a very busy office) to give landing appointment. In our case, we received the landing letter 8 weeks after the DM letter. The landing was for two weeks later.
Hoh, it's weird then as the title of the email is:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland Landing Letter Fxxxxx

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys i just check my ecas it says DM on both sponsor application and pr application. What does it mean? It says also that they sent a correspondence regarding the decision on july 16,2018 but i did not received anything.
First, congrats! It means you're done! Emails are often delayed. Wait 1-2 days. Also, if the PA can log in the mycic account, the letter is probably already there.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hoh, it's weird then as the title of the email is:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland Landing Letter Fxxxxx
The landing letter will come directly from Montreal office giving you a time and date for your landing appointment and giving you details of what to bring for the interview. I was away from the forum for a while, so things might have slightly changed, but this how it used to be.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
The landing letter will come directly from Montreal office giving you a time and date for your landing appointment and giving you details of what to bring for the interview. I was away from the forum for a while, so things might have slightly changed, but this how it used to be.
Yeah maybe they typed wrong title then lolz. Thanks for the explanation :)

Teamako

Jul 16, 2018
First, congrats! It means you're done! Emails are often delayed. Wait 1-2 days. Also, if the PA can log in the mycic account, the letter is probably already there.
We tried to log in nothings change except for the eligibility it just changed to we are reviewing your eligibility.