+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I just received an email to say that "you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class." => Is it an AIP letter?

In MyCIC still shows that "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
On ECAS, nothing changes, still Application received on Applicant side.
I'm dreaming of this email so bad since I want to apply for RAMQ, my husband can't even add me to his insurance if I don't have my maladie card. August 23rd here.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I'm dreaming of this email so bad since I want to apply for RAMQ, my husband can't even add me to his insurance if I don't have my maladie card. August 23rd here.
I understand you! I went to RAMQ as well to ask last year, but I think we have to wait for DM letter. AIP letter is not enough. As they need a letter to say that we are sponsored successfully. I need a health card as well, oh my!

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I have read your previous comments, you should call free toll to push, my classmate in French class did the same and she got the interview letter a few days later.
Thanks I called them! No letters have been sent out yet. They can't tell us how long MTL Immigration Office will take to process it. :(

Another waiting period.....

JDM2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hehee, thank you and Congrats dear! So how long have you waited for DM letter and interview letter since you received AIP?
While for some it is quick, for others it is slow, We have been waiting a month now and still not got the DM letter after receiving AIP and SA on June 13th. Just keep in mind that after AIP and SA they need to complete the checks.

Congratulations to all that have received it so quickly, hope ours comes through soon!

(July 28th Application date)

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
While for some it is quick, for others it is slow, We have been waiting a month now and still not got the DM letter after receiving AIP and SA on June 13th. Just keep in mind that after AIP and SA they need to complete the checks.

Congratulations to all that have received it so quickly, hope ours comes through soon!

(July 28th Application date)
I understand what you mean... Nothing but patience. Where do you live? So far I have seen that Manitoba and Ontario work really fast.

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
i thought that i needed to go to the border like normally like the flag polling when someone get pr . im applying from regina.
The IRCC office in Saskatchewan is in Saskatoon.

My husband did his landing there June 28. It's not a number system though so don't worry about going too far in advance of your appointment - they seem to be pretty structured and start appointments on time.

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
I just received an email to say that "you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class." => Is it an AIP letter?

In MyCIC still shows that "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
On ECAS, nothing changes, still Application received on Applicant side.
It is - congratulations :)

Reactions: Trinh and JDM2018