+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I just linked my application today with the infos:

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

But we have seen the DM shown on both side on ECAS. We received a letter in the email to let us know that MTL Office will be in touch soon.

Is this normal?
Yes it’s normal! Mycic won’t be updated anymore until you landed :)

Reactions: keihuynh

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi all,
Congrats to everyone sharing their good news. I wonder if someone could help me with a doubt, I got approved for PR yesterday, and I got a letter saying that Etobicoke office will contact me to arrange an appointment. I am traveling outside Canada next week, would this affect my landing interview? Or does anyone have an idea if I can do the landing at the airport at my return? (I have my work permit).
You might have to reschedule the appointment because you can’t do the landing at the airport,you will only show up your WP

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Just got AIP email at the exact moment I was logging in to check my application status !! August 17th applicant by the way!!
Oh my! I'm Aug 17th but no news yet!!! Huhu please come to me AIP!!! Which province do you apply for?

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi all,
Congrats to everyone sharing their good news. I wonder if someone could help me with a doubt, I got approved for PR yesterday, and I got a letter saying that Etobicoke office will contact me to arrange an appointment. I am traveling outside Canada next week, would this affect my landing interview? Or does anyone have an idea if I can do the landing at the airport at my return? (I have my work permit).
If you travel by air, it will. During the interview your status changes to Permanent Resident (if you decide to accept your permanent residence during your interview). You are no longer temporary resident or visitor. You don't have an ETA anymore (if u had one before). The airport or even before you board the plane back to Canada will require a permanent resident card that you will get in 8 - 10 weeks from your interview date. The confirmation of permanent resident is not a valid travel document, work permit is not a valid travel document. I would suggest mentioning it during your interview because they do ask about those things. There was a post about it a while ago. The person rescheduled his interview after his travel. If you accept your permanent residence during your interview that will happen before you travel, you might not be accepted back in Canada (even before you board the plane) because you won't have a permanent resident card. I was told in Etobicoke that IT IS NOT recommended to leave the country before I obtain my permanent resident card.

However, there is a solution. If you are staying more than a week in a different country, you can request a Canadian embassy to issue a document for you stating that you are a permanent resident which you might use to go back to Canada.

Landing at the airport is not an option for inland applicants.

I recently travelled outside of Canada and came back 1 week before my landing interview. I was asked those questions and I was asked why don't I have a permanent resident card yet BEFORE I boarded the plane back to Canada.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi, I just linked my application today with the infos:

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

But we have seen the DM shown on both side on ECAS. We received a letter in the email to let us know that MTL Office will be in touch soon.

Is this normal?
Yes, it is normal.

wait for a letter with a landing date and that's all. The day after your landing interview your profile will be updated once again. Showing the confirmation of permanent resident document - expiration date (it's valid for a year), document number, etc. at the bottom.

Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check Your background check was completed
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.Help - Final decision

Reactions: keihuynh

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Is it important to have a GCkey?
I only use this to check my status
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
That's what I use too, for ten months. I only linked my application yesterday, after seeing DM on ECAS.
I saw people say linking your application can provide you more infos. But just remember to check daily if you link the application, since all the messages and correspondence are made there.

Another alternative is to just call the Immigration number and check your application status with the machine. Sort of the same statuses you will see if you link your application.

So I don't think it's THAT important to have GCkey, personally :)