+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
September 1st Application.

I had initially mentioned on the group that I called IRCC regarding my medicals showing -passed.
They said they are using my medicals from the first time I entered canada on a student visa.
I called IRCC twice to confirm and got the same response. Good.

Well, I just got a medical and notice of assessment from CRA(sponsor and PA) request. Meanwhile the Sponsor hasn’t got any communication whatsoever after the initial AOR.
I also notice that the request originated from Vancouver processing centre.

September applicant, and i justtttttt got my medical request. And I live inPeterborough, so why Vancouver?

Wondering if they smell a rat? Is this normal? And since I just got my medical request, I doibt I will hear something by September 2018?

Any thoughts fellas?
Oh man, I was the one who told you a couple of weeks ago that I hope they would not ask for another medical exam near the end. Now I wish that's the only thing they need to make a decision on your application.

Reactions: RecentGrad

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
September 1st Application.

I had initially mentioned on the group that I called IRCC regarding my medicals showing -passed.
They said they are using my medicals from the first time I entered canada on a student visa.
I called IRCC twice to confirm and got the same response. Good.

Well, I just got a medical and notice of assessment from CRA(sponsor and PA) request. Meanwhile the Sponsor hasn’t got any communication whatsoever after the initial AOR.
I also notice that the request originated from Vancouver processing centre.

September applicant, and i justtttttt got my medical request. And I live inPeterborough, so why Vancouver?

Wondering if they smell a rat? Is this normal? And since I just got my medical request, I doibt I will hear something by September 2018?

Any thoughts fellas?
I am November applicant and I got my GCMS note yesterday and found out that my file was transferred to BC as well. I am not the resident of BC province. Just FYI.

Reactions: RecentGrad

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I am November applicant and I got my GCMS note yesterday and found out that my file was transferred to BC as well. I am not the resident of BC province. Just FYI.[

I am November applicant too .
Oh god m scared now m dealing with Cbsa and if they transfer file . Isn’t it that it takes a while to get AIP . :(
I ordered gcms notes let see what comes . Hope to get AIP soon

Muhammaddd

Jun 27, 2018
Hey everyone
We recieved application on june 16,2017
Started processing application on june 25,2018
Medical results have been recieved
We are Reviewing your eligibility
You passed your medical
You donot need finger prints
We are processing your background check

My question is how long should it be before i recieve a good news?

Thanks

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
Hey everyone
We recieved application on june 16,2017
Started processing application on june 25,2018
Medical results have been recieved
We are Reviewing your eligibility
You passed your medical
You donot need finger prints
We are processing your background check

My question is how long should it be before i recieve a good news?

Thanks

No one could actually tell when will the good news is coming. It is usually just a waiting game. But dont worry, it will come soon. I am an August 14 applicant and so far its just DM for Sponsor that we got.

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
I know your feeling... i'm March 2017 application and still waiting. My eligibility is not yet been start. I'd made several phone calls to CIC and webform but just ask me to wait.

Did they ask you more documents to provide? and what province are you located?

RedGirl

Sep 28, 2017
August 17th applicant, ECAS shows Decision Made on both sides but haven’t received any letter. Got AIP yesterday so I’m guessing I’ll get the official DM letter in the next few days.

mmorelu

Oct 12, 2017
Hi all,
Congrats to everyone sharing their good news. I wonder if someone could help me with a doubt, I got approved for PR yesterday, and I got a letter saying that Etobicoke office will contact me to arrange an appointment. I am traveling outside Canada next week, would this affect my landing interview? Or does anyone have an idea if I can do the landing at the airport at my return? (I have my work permit).

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi all,
Congrats to everyone sharing their good news. I wonder if someone could help me with a doubt, I got approved for PR yesterday, and I got a letter saying that Etobicoke office will contact me to arrange an appointment. I am traveling outside Canada next week, would this affect my landing interview? Or does anyone have an idea if I can do the landing at the airport at my return? (I have my work permit).
congrats . what is ur timeline ? pls

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi, I just linked my application today with the infos:

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

But we have seen the DM shown on both side on ECAS. We received a letter in the email to let us know that MTL Office will be in touch soon.

Is this normal?

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Yes i was able to check status online and it says “Decision Made” and here is the letter:

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:  Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.  Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.  Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.  Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.  Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly. If you have any concerns, please call 1-888-242-2100.

Hey! Might I ask how many days you waited since the day you saw DM on your ECAS to the day you received this letter?

KJin

Jul 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
18-07-2018
Hello everyone,
I submitted my PR application in January 2018, all docs are in place, got a request for a medical exam recently. Everything seems to be going smoothly... But when I looked at my CRA account, it turned out that I haven't updated CRA when I and my bf became common-law. According to papers it's October 31st(and that's what I submitted to CIC), but according to CRA it's December 31st. Will there be any problem that far into the process? Can they refuse my application? Should I change it from December to the actual date now? Please, help!!