26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018

Bears

Nov 28, 2017
congratulations, august 17th still waiting .... :S
You might get yours soon; I'm also an August 17th! :)

After getting AIP, is the interview next?
Also, how long does the background check supposed to take? Mine still says they are doing it and I'm concerned it's because my FBI certificate got screwed up and massively delayed.

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
September 1st Application.

I had initially mentioned on the group that I called IRCC regarding my medicals showing -passed.
They said they are using my medicals from the first time I entered canada on a student visa.
I called IRCC twice to confirm and got the same response. Good.

Well, I just got a medical and notice of assessment from CRA(sponsor and PA) request. Meanwhile the Sponsor hasn’t got any communication whatsoever after the initial AOR.
I also notice that the request originated from Vancouver processing centre.

September applicant, and i justtttttt got my medical request. And I live inPeterborough, so why Vancouver?

Wondering if they smell a rat? Is this normal? And since I just got my medical request, I doibt I will hear something by September 2018?

Any thoughts fellas?

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
You might get yours soon; I'm also an August 17th! :)

After getting AIP, is the interview next?
Also, how long does the background check supposed to take? Mine still says they are doing it and I'm concerned it's because my FBI certificate got screwed up and massively delayed.
you will get Decision Made it will probably show on ECAS before it shows on myCIC but then it invitation to Interview.

The background check is arbitrary it can be anywhere between 5 months and 12 months depending on whether or not they hit any red flags along the way. No way to know for certain. But from what ive seen so far Decision's Made come shortly after AIP so that signals the end of your background check.

Bears

Nov 28, 2017
you will get Decision Made it will probably show on ECAS before it shows on myCIC but then it invitation to Interview.

The background check is arbitrary it can be anywhere between 5 months and 12 months depending on whether or not they hit any red flags along the way. No way to know for certain. But from what ive seen so far Decision's Made come shortly after AIP so that signals the end of your background check.
Okay! I'll be on the lookout for Decision Made then! :) What is ECAS? I don't know if I've seen that before.

Okay. I think I'm just a bit concerned since I had a lot of issues with getting one of the certificates to them and I have no idea if I need to resend it or do something else. I just got the AIP today so hopefully the background check will end soon.

Reactions: Julia2018

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Application received 28 September 2017
AOR 24 November de 2017
They don't start reviewing my eligibility yet.
I passed the medical exam on May 2nd or 3rd.
They don't reviewing my additional documents yet. (send in November and early Dicember)
They are still processing my background check. (since January, I dont have exact date)

Ecas shows in Process since a months ago. ( I dont have an exact date)
And sponsor side shows Application received
Me too eligibility not started.
My e case shows the same :
Sponsor side : we received you application to sponsor ...on 20 september 2017.
Applicant side (me): in process .
Maybe the begining of august we will hear something from them .

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Okay! I'll be on the lookout for Decision Made then! :) What is ECAS? I don't know if I've seen that before.

Okay. I think I'm just a bit concerned since I had a lot of issues with getting one of the certificates to them and I have no idea if I need to resend it or do something else. I just got the AIP today so hopefully the background check will end soon.
Your backround check will never change in you GCKEY until you get your landing interview (the Copr) then you Will See on ur account : backround check complete. Before that it Will appear : we are processing your backround check.
So d'ont worry u will get good news soon since u got ur AIP.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
September 1st Application.

I had initially mentioned on the group that I called IRCC regarding my medicals showing -passed.
They said they are using my medicals from the first time I entered canada on a student visa.
I called IRCC twice to confirm and got the same response. Good.

Well, I just got a medical and notice of assessment from CRA(sponsor and PA) request. Meanwhile the Sponsor hasn’t got any communication whatsoever after the initial AOR.
I also notice that the request originated from Vancouver processing centre.

September applicant, and i justtttttt got my medical request. And I live inPeterborough, so why Vancouver?

Wondering if they smell a rat? Is this normal? And since I just got my medical request, I doibt I will hear something by September 2018?

Any thoughts fellas?

I know of 3 files being processed in B.C because the applicants called and the agents told them that they are being processed not in Mississauga but in Vancouver. I suspect it is a file sharing arrangement to dispose off files within the one year mark so it is not related to your actual city of residence. I also believe that that request is the last missing piece you need to send them to enable them make a decision because your timeline is close to those receiving DM and interview requests. Good luck to you in the final leg of the process.

Reactions: RecentGrad

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

this lets you see from another system both the sponsor and the principal applicant, but the only way to see both sides is for the sponsor to sign in with their client number which they would have got when you got your AOR (two mails go out one to you and one to your sponsor). Just follow the instructions on page and you will be good to go. You will see a decision made there when it comes.

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
I know of 3 files being processed in B.C because the applicants called and the agents told them that they are being processed not in Mississauga but in Vancouver. I suspect it is a file sharing arrangement to dispose off files within the one year mark so it is not related to your actual city of residence. I also believe that that request is the last missing piece you need to send them to enable them make a decision because your timeline is close to those receiving DM and interview requests. Good luck to you in the final leg of the process.
That makes so much sense! Thank you for that reply, answers my question precisely. I indeed hope that my medicals is the last piece of the puzzle, if I may call it that lolll. But they won't call me to Vancouver to hand me my PR when the time comes will they? that will be one expensive trip for 4 questions lol

Reactions: david_gat88

Carman Lee

Jun 1, 2018
Feb 2017 applicant. STILL NOTHING!!! I hate this, and I don't understand why it's taking so long. Radio silence since May 3, and when I sent a webform asking what is happening because it's been well over 12 months and to contact them if it has been over the processing time, I got the same bullshit response that they are still processing my application.
I know your feeling... i'm March 2017 application and still waiting. My eligibility is not yet been start. I'd made several phone calls to CIC and webform but just ask me to wait.