+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

JDM2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hi Guys, i am a little concerned, We got AIP/SA on June 13th and DM on June 14th, since that point it has been silent, no interview letter yet and it has been 3 and a half weeks since DM. We have tried calling but they have nothing to say.

Application = 28th July 2017
AIP/SA = June 13th
DM = June 14
Interview letter = Lost in space.

We will likely be interviewed in London, ON.

Any idea on what is going on and why it is taking so long compared to others?

Last edited:
Reactions: LondonEM2028

bluephil17

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Everyone. Hoping someone here can help me clarify something:

We applied for OWP and PR awhile back but had to do a medical exam after receiving the first OWP to remove a provision on my wife's OWP so she can continue her work in childcare. A couple weeks after getting the new OWP we received a medical exam request for the PR portion of the application. The office we did the medical exam seems to think we don't need to do another one for PR since the OWP one is valid.

I've sent several notes using the govts webform and the msg is always " we've notified the relevent department and they'll get back to you if needed". The 30 day deadline for the PR health check has come and gone and on her profile it just says that a medical exam was not received.

Maybe i just need to find another clinic and do the medical? Any insights will be super helpful. Thank you all in advance again for all the help

Hi everyone. Just in case anyone else runs into the same situation, I checked online today for my wife and it changed to medical passed :)

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
Hi Guys, i am a little concerned, We got AIP/SA on June 13th and DM on June 14th, since that point it has been silent, no interview letter yet and it has been 3 and a half weeks since DM. We have tried calling but they have nothing to say.

AIP/SA = June 13th
DM = June 14

No idea, I'm sorry to say. They just said to wait? Maybe you could try asking about it using the the web form. At least then there is a written record of your communication.

Reactions: JDM2018

JDM2018

Jul 6, 2018
No idea, I'm sorry to say. They just said to wait? Maybe you could try asking about it using the the web form. At least then there is a written record of your communication.
They say, due to it being under the 12 month mark we have to wait and if we don't hear anything by the 12 month waiting time then call back and ask again. Just appears to be an odd system, we have gotten so far and yet this feels like the longest part of the whole process.

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I am september 20 applicant. No news since medical passed .there is my time line :
Application received 20 september 2017.
AOR : 08 november 2017.
Schedule A request : 18 november 2017.
Backround check sent it upfront with my application.
Backround check : we are processing your backround check on 05 april 2018
Additional documents : we are reviewing the additionnel documents that you provided on 20 april 2018.
Medical request : 11 april 2018
Medical passed : 21 april 2018.
So far that's it .
What is ur time line
Application received 28 September 2017
AOR 24 November de 2017
They don't start reviewing my eligibility yet.
I passed the medical exam on May 2nd or 3rd.
They don't reviewing my additional documents yet. (send in November and early Dicember)
They are still processing my background check. (since January, I dont have exact date)

Ecas shows in Process since a months ago. ( I dont have an exact date)
And sponsor side shows Application received

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
They say, due to it being under the 12 month mark we have to wait and if we don't hear anything by the 12 month waiting time then call back and ask again. Just appears to be an odd system, we have gotten so far and yet this feels like the longest part of the whole process.
That seems to be their standard answer, if it's still under the 12 month mark. It does seem odd, and tough to wait it out, but I guess that's all you can do. :-(

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
Anyone from April 2017 Inland still waiting for DM?
Here’s my Timeline:

1. We received application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing application on March 12, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 21, 2017. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent correspondence on March 12, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending usadditional information, as thecorrespondence will outline allinformation that is required.
Last correspondence was for the additional documents. My wife’s employment doc and my fingerprints. Passed medical on Mycic. Called them and they said they are processing. Contacted Local MP and they told background check is pass so now its just the wait game. Anyone is in the same boat as me?
When did you do your medicals? My application was out of processing time and got DM after exactly one year of the medical request date (check my timeline on the signature). Hopefully, they will try to wrap things up before your medical report expires (1 year).

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016

AIP/SA = June 13th
DM = June 14

This is the same as my case. I called them and learned that an interview date had been set for June 14th. But, received no communication from the landing interview office despite three calls to IRCC and the interview date passed. Finally, I got the interview rescheduled for another date and finished it.
Use the webform to inform them that you did not receive any interview email from the local office. Perhaps, when you call a CIC agent, tell him/her that you want to schedule your landing interview, instead of asking what the status is.

Reactions: LondonEM2028

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
Feb 2017 applicant. STILL NOTHING!!! I hate this, and I don't understand why it's taking so long. Radio silence since May 3, and when I sent a webform asking what is happening because it's been well over 12 months and to contact them if it has been over the processing time, I got the same bullshit response that they are still processing my application.
I can understand your frustration. I applied in Jan 2017 and decision was made on May 23rd 2018 (exactly 1 year from the medical request date). It could be same for you. Perhaps you should call an agent to figure out what the exact status is.

Bhadz_ironside

Aug 27, 2016
Wow Finally.. I am Officially a Permanent Resident of Canada.
My appointment yesterday in Edmonton was so fast (30 mins Max). The Officer asked just the basic questions. Have i ever been committed of any crime In and Out of Canada, Have i ever been denied entry to Canada etc. For those who will go to their interview in the future do not worry about anything (Just do not forget to bring the Documents required).

After the basic questionings, the officer gave me my Confirmation of Permanent Residency and Saying Congratulations you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada. And then i was instructed to get a new SIN in the nearby Service Canada.

Good Bless everyone. Have faith and have patience and remember, Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Applied: May 19, 2017
IRCC received: May 23, 2017
AOR / IRCC requested Schedule A Background: June 28, 2017
Open Work Permit Received: July 17, 2017
Medical examination Instructions: Jan 30, 2018.
Medical Examination Day: Feb 8, 2018
Medical Examination Received by IRCC: Feb 15, 2018
Application Processing Started: May 3, 2018
Sponsorship Approval: May 9, 2018
Evidence of Cohabitation Request: May 9, 2018
Decision Made in ECAS: June 20, 2018
Appointment for Confirmation of Permanent Residency: June 20, 2018
AIP Received: June 22, 2018
Landing Interview Day : July 5, 2018

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Wow Finally.. I am Officially a Permanent Resident of Canada.
My appointment yesterday in Edmonton was so fast (30 mins Max). The Officer asked just the basic questions. Have i ever been committed of any crime In and Out of Canada, Have i ever been denied entry to Canada etc. For those who will go to their interview in the future do not worry about anything (Just do not forget to bring the Documents required).

After the basic questionings, the officer gave me my Confirmation of Permanent Residency and Saying Congratulations you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada. And then i was instructed to get a new SIN in the nearby Service Canada.

Good Bless everyone. Have faith and have patience and remember, Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Applied: May 19, 2017
IRCC received: May 23, 2017
AOR / IRCC requested Schedule A Background: June 28, 2017
Open Work Permit Received: July 17, 2017
Medical examination Instructions: Jan 30, 2018.
Medical Examination Day: Feb 8, 2018
Medical Examination Received by IRCC: Feb 15, 2018
Application Processing Started: May 3, 2018
Sponsorship Approval: May 9, 2018
Evidence of Cohabitation Request: May 9, 2018
Decision Made in ECAS: June 20, 2018
Appointment for Confirmation of Permanent Residency: June 20, 2018
AIP Received: June 22, 2018
Landing Interview Day : July 5, 2018
Congrats!! I got DM both side on June 28th, yet to received landing appointment letter. Hope this nerve wacking process end soon after 17months of waiting!

Reactions: jeet07