+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
  • On the landing letter, they mentioned this:
    • Your valid passport. If you were deemed to be a Convention Refugee, and are not in possession of a valid passport, please provide the identity document(s) that you provided to CPC Vegreville along with the original English translation.

--------

I'm a convention refugee, what do they mean by the underlined bloded part please?

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi guys, is there anyone else who got requested RCMP fingerprints criminal record check? I got my fingerprints taken almost a month ago but no changes in myCIC account... Since the RCMP is sending the results to immigration directly, I can't upload anything myself.

Not sure what to do now as the upload deadline is in 4 days. I wrote a letter explaining the situation and attached the original receipt from the local police department who took my prints but I can't upload it in the slot of MyCIC. The slot only allows to enter the number of the criminal record check results and expiry date etc. But like I said, I do not have this document myself, they should have received it directly from RCMP.

Also, is fingerprinting new? Because I have a very rare and uncommon last name and highly doubt that it is blacklisted like someone said before. Is fingerprinting just a pilot or something?

npartha7

Jun 25, 2018
July 25th, 2017 - Applied for Spousal sponsorship.

End September - was requested police clearance from Canada and native country.

End March - was requested medical.

End April - sponsors portion of the application was being processed

Mid June - applicant application was being processed.

June 15 - recieved letter stating both applicant and sponsor applications were eligible - with conditions of further info needing to be provided (if needed) ALSO, status in GIC website changed from "IN PROCESS" to "DECISION MADE" for both sponsor/applicant

June 25th - recieved letter for interview with applicant and sponsor for PR to be finalized, asking to bring passport, SIN and two photos.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
The photos that were asked are for the PR card. Also, there would not be a DM online if it's a relationship interview.
Oh yes you are right :) . Actually I thought other photos which we sent at the time of application submission .
Now I got it .
It’s a great news October applicant getting it . :)
@GLCP congratulations

Reactions: GLCP

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
  • On the landing letter, they mentioned this:
    • Your valid passport. If you were deemed to be a Convention Refugee, and are not in possession of a valid passport, please provide the identity document(s) that you provided to CPC Vegreville along with the original English translation.

--------

I'm a convention refugee, what do they mean by the underlined bloded part please?
????

GLCP

Jun 25, 2018
Congrats !! your application is so fast, can you share your timeline?
Here is my time line:

Applied: July 29, 2017
IRCC received it: September 19, 2017
IRCC requested Schedule A Background/Declaration and Police Certificate: September 26, 2017
IRCC received the Docs: October 3, 2017 (they told me to count 12 months from this date).
Medical examination Instructions: March 17, 2018.
Letter informing that process was completed: June 25, 2018
Letter for interview: June 25, 2018
Interview: July 4, 2018

Reactions: keihuynh and KT214

amoaltr

Apr 11, 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 24, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

it 10months now my application was sent to cic

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 24, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

it 10months now my application was sent to cic
Same as us and were August just before you. Seems some August applicants have been seeing movement over the last few days so I would think over then next couple of weeks most of us will be seeing movement.

Reactions: keihuynh

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Here is my time line:

Applied: July 29, 2017
IRCC received it: September 19, 2017
IRCC requested Schedule A Background/Declaration and Police Certificate: September 26, 2017
IRCC received the Docs: October 3, 2017 (they told me to count 12 months from this date).
Medical examination Instructions: March 17, 2018.
Letter informing that process was completed: June 25, 2018
Letter for interview: June 25, 2018
Interview: July 4, 2018
ohh you start counting from the day CIC received it

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
Ho
I haven't really written down much but here's what I have so far based on ECAS and my CIC online.

App received: August 2nd 2017
IMM 5669 and police certificate request: Sep 19th 2017
Medical Report req: March 20 2018
Additional Police certificate request for 2nd country I forgot to add: March 28 2018
Medical exams passed: April 2018
Eligibility passed: June 21 2018
Decision made in ECAS: June 22 2018

Hope this helps!!!! Best of luck :D

Questi
Things are definitely starting to move along, I am an August 17 applicant and I got my AIP yesterday, I wonder whatéwhen the next step will be since so many people got a request for an interview just days after!

Also, for people wondering, I left the country with my partner for 2.5 weeks and had absolutely no problem getting back in. I did however have a problem with me eTA not being linked to my passport as they stated, so make sure you double check before travelling.

How long did you wait for your sponsorship approval letter? I am August 2017 applicant to sponsor my husband but I have not receive any letter yet.