+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

clda123

Jun 6, 2018
My application was received on July 10th 2017. I saw someone on 30th July is AIP already. But nothing change for me. If some problem?
Same here! Application received July 19th but haven’t heard anything since medical passed back in April :(

Bhadz_ironside

Aug 27, 2016
Hi, May 23 applicant here. I received my SA last May 8 and until now no update regarding AIP. I pray everything is okay.

God Bless everyone :)

Lets be patient and stay positive.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
May 11, 2017 applicant, DM was on June 1, 2018, since then I've been waiting for a landing interview date, but nothing so far, almost 3 weeks.

The only thing that makes me worried is that they took/seized my passport when I entered Canada in 2012, so I'm assuming that they may have lost my passport after all this time being held.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
Great news!

(July 31 applicant)
Just received a message that I passed eligibility (I think it's AIP. Basically "You meet all eligibility requirements. PR is pending on passing medical, background and criminal checks, etc") My partner received an email telling him he passed sponsor eligibility.

This just shows that myCIC and eCas are not always up to date/that they don't process things in the same order for everyone.
- My eCas hasn't been updated since early April after I passed the medical exam. It changed from Application Received to In Progress at the end of April. I can only see my name (applicant), nothing about sponsor or sponsor status.
- My CIC just updated "Eligibility - We are reviewing whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements" today, but I also got the message saying I passed eligibility today. So for people waiting after passing their medicals, don't worry, they don't always tell you when they start reviewing your eligibility. One day you'll just get a message saying you passed lol
- My partner never received a single email from CIC until today. He got SA at the same time. I know some people get SA really early on in the process, but if you're like me and your sponsor doesn't hear anything until the end, it looks like it's ok.

I guess I'm just waiting for an email from the Etobicoke office to do my landing now.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Great news!

(July 31 applicant)
Just received a message that I passed eligibility (I think it's AIP. Basically "You meet all eligibility requirements. PR is pending on passing medical, background and criminal checks, etc") My partner received an email telling him he passed sponsor eligibility.

This just shows that myCIC and eCas are not always up to date/that they don't process things in the same order for everyone.
- My eCas hasn't been updated since early April after I passed the medical exam. It changed from Application Received to In Progress at the end of April. I can only see my name (applicant), nothing about sponsor or sponsor status.
- My CIC just updated "Eligibility - We are reviewing whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements" today, but I also got the message saying I passed eligibility today. So for people waiting after passing their medicals, don't worry, they don't always tell you when they start reviewing your eligibility. One day you'll just get a message saying you passed lol
- My partner never received a single email from CIC until today. He got SA at the same time. I know some people get SA really early on in the process, but if you're like me and your sponsor doesn't hear anything until the end, it looks like it's ok.

I guess I'm just waiting for an email from the Etobicoke office to do my landing now.
Yeyy congratulations about AIP and SA!!

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
That is so nice. I am October applicant, my ECAS status changed to in process after I passed the medical sometime in May, I have been waiting for an update like yours saying when they started processing my case but I still haven't got it :(
Hi @LunaM dont worry . Even if ECAS doesn’t show anything I think still they are working on your file . I was excited but someone told me it doesn’t really matter tho .
M not sure . I just hope it really mean that I get something quick. I know other fellow friends waiting and I am November applicant but I really don’t go with timeline bcos m dealing with Cbsa and unfortunelty the officer m dealing with is very strict . She called me told me about applying pre removal risk assessment. And said if negative result come for PRRA they don’t care my file inland in process they will take action against me . My lawyer asking them through email to give me time until my process done for inland application . But after applying for PRRA no reply from them. So now my lawyer said to ask MP to call cic and ask for help on AIP but when I went to MP they said wait till end of June . Now god know when ?what ?will ?come up for me . Fingers crossed

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Congrats...i would suggest you to go early even though its written arrived at 8:30 AM. I went there around 8:15 AM. Out by 8:40 AM. :)
Yes I will try to be there for 8am.

Question, they said my husband need to bring photo identification and proof of address. On his drivers license it doesn't have the address we are living at. It have his previous address. What can we do or take instead?

Reactions: stefpoko