+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I am totally annoyed and upset today. I was advised by CIC agents that my landing is today at 1 PM at Vancouver immigration office ( I was informed of this when I called them to note that I hadn't received any mail with date even after two weeks of waiting). When I turned up there, the fellows at the reception refused entry and denied that an appointment was booked. I had confirmed the landing date with two different agents on two different days and had specifically asked both times if I could go the office without the letter and both agents has said 'yes'. After having waited for 17 months, they have messed up with my landing interview email/date. I have to now wait some more days to get another appointment and if at all they act responsibly, I am likely to finish this process.
Omg, I’m truly sorry! I would be very pissed as well. I just don’t get why everything has to be so difficult... a freaking email could have sold the problem, why they didn’t send it to you? I honestly gave up trying to understand how it works... I hope you will have your appointment rescheduled soon! Let us know! You have waited for so long and you are very close!!

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
This does make some sense in my case, as I had travelled quite a bit through many countries in Europe, and many cities/states in USA. I did manage to get exact dates of when i was in cities/countries, so i hope there is no problem there. But they have also had all of this information from day 1 when they received my application...
But I think traveling is okay... you only have to do the background from another country if you have lived there for more than 6 months which seems to be the cases of the delayed processes

Reactions: stefpoko

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Hey everyone! Checked my ECAS this morning and it showed Decision Made on both sides, and an hour later, I received my landing interview email. No update in MyCIC yet. My timeline is below.

May 1, 2017 : AOR (Schedule A and home country PCC submitted upfront)
June 13, 2017: Received Open Work Permit
February 1, 2018: Medical Request
February 8, 2018: Medical Passed
March 12, 2018: Request for two additional countries' PCC
May 1, 2018: Eligibility Pass (AIP)
May 9, 2018: Sponsor Approval
May 25, 2018: Received and uploaded additional PCCs
June 15, 2018: Decision Made/Landing Letter
June 25, 2018: Landing Interview Scheduled

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Just logged in and saw DM on both sides!

Hopefully I will get my landing appointment soon!! I already cried my eyes out anyways
you have been through the ringer, so i say congratulations and good luck in the future :)

Reactions: futurepr

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Congratulations! I remember we are March 15 applicants. I am still waiting. I sent an email to the MP to get an update. Happy for you!
Thank you!! Yes, I’m glad you did that! It’s seems like asking them really is effective! Good luck!!!

Reactions: EGH

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
I couldn't wait and I called CIC, approved! :D

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for all the support and your answers.

For those still waiting, I know that no words can make you feel better and how unfair it feels to see others getting their PR if you applied before them. Hang in there anyway, all problems and worries will go away in a matter of minutes and the happiness will be overwhelming!