+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Don't be sorry for ranting! One man's rant is another man's helpful information... Anyway, I totally feel for you - I am in essentially the same position, only waiting less time so far. I have a very strong feeling I will be going beyond 15 months, particularly because CIC so nicely decided to ask for my additional PCCs near the END of my 12 month schedule.

From what I know about the background check process, the amount of time it takes really depends on the other countries you've lived in or traveled to; some countries are very slow at replying to request for confirmation/info, in addition to the fact that the different agencies that take part in conducting the background check look very deeply into all of your activity, at home and abroad. There is a lot that factors into processing time when you've traveled or lived elsewhere.. I know my passport is full of visas and the amount of checking they need to do is probably making their heads spin!

The unfortunate thing is that CIC is so useless when asking for information, and even going through an MP or ordering GCMS doesn't seem to give you much detail about what exactly they are doing with your background check.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of this, but if anyone else who has traveled a lot or lived elsewhere has had a quick processing time - I'd like to hear from you!!
This does make some sense in my case, as I had travelled quite a bit through many countries in Europe, and many cities/states in USA. I did manage to get exact dates of when i was in cities/countries, so i hope there is no problem there. But they have also had all of this information from day 1 when they received my application...

Reactions: stefpoko

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi, everyone!

Not sure if anyone's on the same boat, but I'm a July 2017 applicant. Got my AIP last Friday and online, my application changed to "Decision Made" last Tuesday, but no email regarding the decision yet to either me or my husband (sponsor) and no details on the website. Just wondering if this is normal or if there's a cause for concern. :(
Normal. I am also July and I got SA AIP and DM last week Monday and Wednesday. I also received a preapproval letter although I am inland. I haven't received the DM letter or interview letter.

I called CIC this morning for an update on my app and I got the nicest agent. She said not to worry a Decision was made and its very positive. She said they will contact me soon with more information. So I will wait. I am not worried since I haven't even hit my 11th month as yet

Reactions: Leogirl22

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
I have lived in two different countries and it’s been 15 months.. I applied on March 15, 2017... I just posted some updates but in case you didn’t see I had to contact MP’s office in order to understand what was going on. It seems like it really affects the timeline of the process unfortunately.

I don’t have an oficial DM yet.. but the MP’s office said that the decision was made today, I really hope I will get the letter soon..
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you, and it certainly gives the rest of us delayed applications hope. I'm tempted to get in touch my MP, but will likely wait until I'm at 14 months or so...

Thanks for sharing your good news and good luck with the rest of the process!

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
Yessssssssssssssssss!!!! Eligibility passed (App received June 29, 2017)

FYI, ECAS was not updated. I only received an email.
Exactly the same for me!!! Just recieved my AIP, Ecas still says my app is received and sponsor in process.
June 28th

Carman Lee

Jun 1, 2018
I'm 15 months and counting. I lived in my home country, and another for 6 months before coming to Canada. DM for sponsor, and according to the MP we are consulting with, I have passed eligibility (is this AIP?) but it has not been updated in MYCIC or ECAS yet. the MP has passed on a lot of updates and info to us, but MYCIC does not reflect this or has been updated... I'm really at a loss and have basically given up caring as CIC just don't even bother replying to webforms or updating any of my accounts. It's great for others that are June and July 2017 applicants getting DM but it's also very frustrating for me to see this as I feel my application has just been cast aside and forgotten about. I can't contact them because they won't give me updates or answers, so I am not sure where I stand. It's a bit of a joke and very soul sucking. Rant over! Sorry...

I know what you feel.... I am almost waiting for 14months. So frustrating. I only lived in my home country for my whole life and then moved to Canada for a year. Hard to understand why my background check take such a long time.

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
I know, I try to be patient but it's hard to not feel upset seeing so many people getting their documents and being on hold for no reason... But I believe it's coming! Hopefully you will have your landing soon! Good luck!!
I am totally annoyed and upset today. I was advised by CIC agents that my landing is today at 1 PM at Vancouver immigration office ( I was informed of this when I called them to note that I hadn't received any mail with date even after two weeks of waiting). When I turned up there, the fellows at the reception refused entry and denied that an appointment was booked. I had confirmed the landing date with two different agents on two different days and had specifically asked both times if I could go the office without the letter and both agents has said 'yes'. After having waited for 17 months, they have messed up with my landing interview email/date. I have to now wait some more days to get another appointment and if at all they act responsibly, I am likely to finish this process.