+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and this might be a silly question, but my wife and I submitted our application back in September, and it was received on the 25th, but it didn't start processing until November (according to the online tool)

Can someone advice if we will be considered as a September applicant or November?

At this point, my wife has received her OWP and also received/completed the Med request the past month. The status has changed to "passed" on the portal at this time.

So in moving forward, what kind of timeline will we be looking at?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated and good luck all :)

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and this might be a silly question, but my wife and I submitted our application back in September, and it was received on the 25th, but it didn't start processing until November (according to the online tool)

Can someone advice if we will be considered as a September applicant or November?

At this point, my wife has received her OWP and also received/completed the Med request the past month. The status has changed to "passed" on the portal at this time.

So in moving forward, what kind of timeline will we be looking at?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated and good luck all :)
You count from the day they received it :)

Reactions: dml717 and jeet07

vancitydan

Jun 7, 2018
Does anyone have any experience dealing with the Vancouver landing office. Received
DM on friday and am wandering when to expect an email regarding my appointment. I'm not sure wether to expect days, weeks or even months.
thanks.

Reactions: empatio

trislex

May 28, 2018
Oh I didn't know that. We applied on Dec 28, 2017 so how soon can we expect medical?
Our application was received July 2017 (inland - Quebec) and we got the AOR soon after; my medical and CSQ request by October, my husband's SA by December and I just got my AIP last Friday. I guess the process varies a bit for everyone.

Reactions: Gio1908

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
it's not a phone call,the office closest to where you live will send you an email with the date and time you have to be for your landing appointment and they mention what you have to bring with you.. remember* PA and sponsor have to attend this appointment, if you can't attend that day you have to get in contact with them... all the info you need will be in that email don't worry.
Thank you.

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
it's not a phone call,the office closest to where you live will send you an email with the date and time you have to be for your landing appointment and they mention what you have to bring with you.. remember* PA and sponsor have to attend this appointment, if you can't attend that day you have to get in contact with them... all the info you need will be in that email don't worry.
My additional documents required changed to it has been uploaded on Cic portal today it was mailed. Is it anything positive or it’s just a normal update?

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Normal update, but you already received AIP they probably had reviewed these additional docs they just took long to updated! or they requested additional docs after aip?

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Normal update, but you already received AIP they probably had reviewed these additional docs they just took long to updated! or they requested additional docs after aip?
Nope they never asked for additional documents and to be sure I called Cic several times and they assured everything seems fine no additional documents required. What do you think how long should I wait?

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Nope they never asked for additional documents and to be sure I called Cic several times and they assured everything seems fine no additional documents required. What do you think how long should I wait?
That's weird,they updated that has been uploaded but no docs required.. hm maybe a glitch?! You receveid AIP so your side is fine,maybe they're still working on sponsor's side that why you haven't received decision made yet? I would call again and try to get more information

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
They really don’t talk much. I called last Friday and the agent told me to chill down if additional documents needed I will find it in my email.

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
That's weird,they updated that has been uploaded but no docs required.. hm maybe a glitch?! You receveid AIP so your side is fine,maybe they're still working on sponsor's side that why you haven't received decision made yet? I would call again and try to get more information
Whatever additional documents they required I had already gave them on 27tg March - my schedule A and police clearance