+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
For those people who sent application in Feb/March 2017.
I called CIC today, they change the status to they are reviewing my eligibility.
Two weeks ago,they haven’t start my eligibility yet. Hope I get good news soon.

Please check u status and see if there is any changes.
Here is the tip when u call CIC. U don’t have to speak to one of these agent, u still able to get information: press 1 and choose check application status, press 2 (become pr),then u need answer questions, Application number start F press 3 and enter application number# then your year of birth. The auto recording machine will tell u the details about u application.
Hi thanks for the info. Did u find change on ECAS too. ??

Schmo

May 20, 2018
Red Deer
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-26-2017
AOR Received.
06-26-2017
Med's Request
03-14-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Hi everyone :)
I am new here!! really need you guys help. CIC got my application on July 31, 2017 (common in law sponsorship), and they changed my status on May 15, 2018 to I passed the medical exam.
The problem is my current working visa will be expired this September 9. ( I have not applied for the open work visa with my sponsorship application because the processing time was 12 month.. so I just expected that I would get my pr card before my working visa gets expired).
I don't know if I should apply for the open working visa since it also takes time to get the open working visa?? or should I wait for my PR???
Please advise me.. do you guys think that I should wait?? or apply for the working visa???
Thank you!
30 days before your permit expires apply then you will be on implied status untill decision or work permit comes

Reactions: jeet07

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
@gabrielasqs
Hahahah
Like really wake me up when it’s over . And when u r not working it’s even more harder counting every single day .
Right!! i'm working I try to keep my head busy with other stuffs but I always ended up looking this forum and facebook group every minute lol and I think i'm so anxious because I have a simular situation as the other girl just wrote, my post graduate work permit expires on the 2nd weekend of October and my process is from August 2017... I pray to my process be finished by august or apply for owp hahaha

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Right!! i'm working I try to keep my head busy with other stuffs but I always ended up looking this forum and facebook group every minute lol and I think i'm so anxious because I have a simular situation as the other girl just wrote, my post graduate work permit expires on the 2nd weekend of October and my process is from August 2017... I pray to my process be finished by august or apply for owp hahaha
Yes hopefully u will
Be done by that time.

Reactions: gabrielasqs

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I am 20 November appliacant . January 8 got my AOR and scd A request . After that nothing. But today through phone system I checked my status of application .

It says we are reviewing the results of your medical.
But I never done medical before or never got request . No idea what this means
Any ideas ???

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I am 20 November appliacant . January 8 got my AOR and scd A request . After that nothing. But today through phone system I checked my status of application .

Any ideas ???

Does it show on ecas too?

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi guys,

Any ideas ???
Common glitch before they request it... I have seen a lot of people claiming that and then days or hours later they get the request

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Common glitch before they request it... I have seen a lot of people claiming that and then days or hours later they get the request
Thanks @gabrielasqs I thought people who done medical before long time back might be they get this change might be this is thing. But just it will be good if they ask me to do . M dealing Cbsa that’s the worst part as soon as I pass first step I ll be safe . That’s what m praying for .

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi folks,
It sounds like people who submitted their application in June and July of 2017 are now seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Can anybody share their guess as to what's next for me, and when, as per my timeline below? Much appreciated, thanks!

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
I called CIC today, they change the status to they are reviewing my eligibility.

Here is the tip when u call CIC. U don’t have to speak to one of these agent, u still able to get information: press 1 and choose check application status, press 2 (become pr),then u need answer questions, Application number start F press 3 and enter application number# then your year of birth. The auto recording machine will tell u the details about u application.
I am a Jan 2017 applicant (AOR: 24 Jan 2017). Received a phone call yesterday from mississauga; after verifying my DOB and address, the lady asked if I travelled out since my last entry into Canada and if I am still living with my sponsor at the same address.
My application profile changed to: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements," yesterday.
Today, I see DM on both the sponsor and applicant part of Client application status. However, the Application profile remains the same as yesterday. I have not yet received any mail from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: gabrielasqs

Janii

Mar 11, 2017

I got my DM on Tuesday and then received an email for a landing interview that's scheduled for next Friday 9am in Kitchener! I sent a webform with one line, "My application is not in the normal processing time." and that seemed to have sped it up from where we last chatted.

Reactions: Whatever123