Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
The reason for stay and extension is to wait inland to complete the requirement for your ongoing inland spousal sponsorship application.
Which was submitted at ... date.

How long : 12 months probably.
Thank you for your answer.
I thought when I apply together for OWP that would automatically would give me a extension to stay and work in canda while my applications is being processed.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Thank you for your answer.
I thought when I apply together for OWP that would automatically would give me a extension to stay and work in canda while my applications is being processed.
You will stay on implied status because you apply with OWP. But if your application is returned for any reason after June 16th, and you resubmit when you are out of status, you wouldn’t get your Work permit approved until you have AIP which is towards the end of the sponsorship application. While other people who have a valid status will get their Open work permit 2-4months after submission. You will have to wait for 9-11 months.

You just have to play safe. But if your application goes through, there will be no need to apply for extension. Yet, you will be fine because you applied when you status is valid.

Sukrant

May 5, 2018
Hello, Is their anyone who applied the application in july 2017 and had received PR? I applied my PR application in july 2017 and got my medical done in September 2017 and after that no more updates.. Can anyone help me...
Guys Any Updates ?

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Are u July 2017 applicant they requested your medical in September 2017?! That was fast.

The process is kinda random. People from May/June/July and even August are getting SA/AIP & DM
u are right. did u get any update? im july 11 after the medical ezam in march i did not get any update?

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Just want to share my timeline:

Application received: June 20, 2017
AOR, PCC and Schedule A request: July 18, 2017
PCC and Schedule A sent: July 21, 2017
Medical request: March 19, 2018
Medical was done: March 21, 2018
ECAS update (In process on both sides): May 15, 2018
CIC account update (Eligibilty review stared): May 18, 2018
Landing interview email received: May 18, 2018
Landing is scheduled on May 31, 2018
ECAS DM on both side: May 19, 2018
AIP received: May 19, 2018
CIC account still shows that background check and eligibility review are in process.

Good luck to everyone. You might receive the landing interview email directly before you get SA, AIP and DM.
Feb 2017 applicant here. I have received my AIP in Feb 2018. But I have not yet received a landing interview email. They are done with my security check, but still processing the criminality check. Did you receive a phone call first, or just receive the landing interview email? What does the landing interview email look like? How do you schedule an interview afterwards? Thx a lot. Good luck.

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Eb
Hi guys,
March 02 2017 application received. I got an email today from cic to check my account. I got eligibility passed but no aip letter. MY cic account change to we are reviewing your eligibility. But ecas still say application received. Hope to hear good news soon.[/QUOTE

Feb 2017 applicant here. AIP on feb 22,2018. Still doing background check now. Could you please let me know when you get DM?

Whalefeng

May 20, 2018
Feb 2017 applicant here. I have received my AIP in Feb 2018. But I have not yet received a landing interview email. They are done with my security check, but still processing the criminality check. Did you receive a phone call first, or just receive the landing interview email? What does the landing interview email look like? How do you schedule an interview afterwards? Thx a lot. Good luck.
I didn't receive any call, just the landing interview email from local CIC office. The email will tell you the date of landing interview, you don't need to schedule by yourself. The following is the email I have received:

Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on: May 31, 2018 at 1:00pm. Please be prepared to wait up to 2.5 hours as interviews are conducted in order of arrival.

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax this office immediately and explain why.

Please bring the following documents:

Ø This call-in notice;

Ø A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

Ø Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications on the reverse to the photographer.

Ø Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

Ø Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Reactions: Whatever123

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
“Applying for PR Common-Law/Spouse Canada”
And
“Canada spousal sponsorship support group”
Couldn't find the first one, but found the second one "Canada Spousal Sponsorship support group". Thanks so much! (I'm on Facebook daily :Dwhereas I'm in the forums here once a week or every other week.)

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Hello! I was wondering how will my husband, my sponsor, can check the status? He never provided an email though, coz he can't get access to it. So I was wondering if they will send him a letter or what?
I called the immigration an here what in it
Received application Sept 28
We will contact you if there I more document needed
No fingerprints required
Passed the medical
Haven't started the schedule background yet, though I sent the form last January
No decision made yet for the egibility

So I was wondering how long will I have to wait?

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hello! I was wondering how will my husband, my sponsor, can check the status? He never provided an email though, coz he can't get access to it. So I was wondering if they will send him a letter or what?
I called the immigration an here what in it
Received application Sept 28
We will contact you if there I more document needed
No fingerprints required
Passed the medical
Haven't started the schedule background yet, though I sent the form last January
No decision made yet for the egibility

So I was wondering how long will I have to wait?
How about creating a new email? I'd go crazy if I had to rely on mail that may get lost :eek:
Yes if you did not provide an email I guess the only way they can contact you is by mail.

You can still check the status on the ECAS page https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

There is no way to establish how long you will have to wait. The waiting time seem to be between 10 to 14 months or even more (I think some January 2017 applicants are still waiting).

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
@Missnana hi did you hear anyone getting medical from November. I last heard someone was from 14 nov and after that nothing . And did u get any update ??