+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hey guys! Just landed here in Etobicoke office. Thank you all so much for your support throughout the whole process!

It was pretty straightforward. My interview was at 1, we arrived at 12:30 and we were out of there by 2. The guy was really nice and didn’t ask many questions. Asked for our passports and about our trip to Cuba. Also confirmed my first and last entrance to Canada. Then he asked my bf if he understands that he would be financially responsible for me for the next 36 months. Then he confirmed our address for pr card and that’s it. We signed the paper and then had to wait for another 30 mins to get my new sin number. The interview itself was about 10 minutes and nobody questioned anything. Just a friendly conversation.

I wish you all good luck in this process! Especially March applicants! I don’t know why it has been so long for most of us!
Congrats!! Wasn't this -financially responsible- thing over last year or something?!

Reactions: Trinh and Yulia V

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Congrats!! Wasn't this -financially responsible- thing over last year or something?!
I think they just put it out there... just to make it more serious. But who knows... it says so on my landing paper as well.

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
October 31, 2017
Congrats! My status is still Application received! But I hope it will be like my OWP application. People here were talking a lot about their status changing from In process to Start reviewing eligibility or something, but my status was always "Uploaded" or something, never changed to any status, and bang, I got OWP like other people! It was great!

Reactions: empatio and marvz21

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FINALLY heard from CIC. Hubby meets the eligibility requirements. I hope the rest of this process moves quickly. :)

Timeline:
App Sent: May 17, 2017 | App Received: May 18, 2017
AOR: June 14, 2017 [PA], June 15, 2017 [Sponsor]
Sch A & PCC Request + Submitted: June 15, 2017
Background Check Started: November 2017 (Do not know exact date)
Medical Request: Nov 24, 2017 | Completed: Dec 1, 2017 | Passed: Dec 13, 2017
AIP: May 7, 2018
Your timeline pretty much seems like the whole process! Is all that is left at this point is you are waiting for DM? I used to have this all down pat but so much has changed....

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
FINALLY heard from CIC. Hubby meets the eligibility requirements. I hope the rest of this process moves quickly. :)

Timeline:
App Sent: May 17, 2017 | App Received: May 18, 2017
AOR: June 14, 2017 [PA], June 15, 2017 [Sponsor]
Sch A & PCC Request + Submitted: June 15, 2017
Background Check Started: November 2017 (Do not know exact date)
Medical Request: Nov 24, 2017 | Completed: Dec 1, 2017 | Passed: Dec 13, 2017
AIP: May 7, 2018
Congrats, I'm May 11 abd they haven't even started reviewing my eligibility yet!

Reactions: YousifBreesam

AshhMac92

May 12, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Doc's Request.
14-06-2017
AOR Received.
14-06-2017
Med's Request
24-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2018
Your timeline pretty much seems like the whole process! Is all that is left at this point is you are waiting for DM? I used to have this all down pat but so much has changed....
Yupp, just waiting on DM/interview date. We shall see how long that takes :)

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
Hey guys! Just landed here in Etobicoke office. Thank you all so much for your support throughout the whole process!

It was pretty straightforward. My interview was at 1, we arrived at 12:30 and we were out of there by 2. The guy was really nice and didn’t ask many questions. Asked for our passports and about our trip to Cuba. Also confirmed my first and last entrance to Canada. Then he asked my bf if he understands that he would be financially responsible for me for the next 36 months. Then he confirmed our address for pr card and that’s it. We signed the paper and then had to wait for another 30 mins to get my new sin number. The interview itself was about 10 minutes and nobody questioned anything. Just a friendly conversation.

I wish you all good luck in this process! Especially March applicants! I don’t know why it has been so long for most of us![/QUOTE

How long did it take between DM and letter ?

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
I see on the system that decision is made on the 27th of April. But I have not received any letters yet. Also how can my sponsor see if he is approved or not ?

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
6 weeks. And I only received an invitation after I emailed Etobicoke office. It’s the busiest one. All others take about a week or two.

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
how did you renew your passport? I mean , I applied for inland spousal sponsorship but my passport expired, and I cant renew my Philippine passport for I don't have legal status here. I'm on the stage where my medical is received, and I'm worried coz it says you need a valid passport for COPR. Thanks hope you can help me
Hi, I just went to the Philippine Consulate in Vancouver with a photocopy of my TRV (Tourist) and I brought a copy of the receipts of my OWP and PR application. They renewed it without question and they didn't even require the receipts that I brought with me. Although I still have legal status here as a tourist and my old passport had a December 2018 expiry -- just renewed it earlier.

Try calling the Philippine Consulate nearest to your location to ask questions about how to renew it.

Elena1212

Apr 13, 2017

I wish you all good luck in this process! Especially March applicants! I don’t know why it has been so long for most of us!
Congrats,Yulia!!!So Happy for you that long waiting period done:)Cheers!:)
Still nothing for us..I’m not lucky with my phone calls to cic,never couldn’t reach the agent and gave up calling them.14 months since they received our application...still trying to be patient ahah

Reactions: polar25