+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Been having lots of issues with documents not being received, "glitches" and wrong information being sent in messages to MYCIC account, all very frustrating... Our application was received Feb 28 2017 and still hasn't been approved.

Question for sponsors: when the sponsors are approved, what sort of notification do you receive, and are you required to do anything once you have been approved as a sponsor? My wife is my sponsor and we have had many issues with CIC having the wrong email address for her, despite many efforts trying to get it changed. An agent on the phone acknowledged they had the incorrect email address and it was input wrong on their end (no fault of our own) and no matter how many web forms both from her and myself and phone calls, we still can't get it changed.

So she probably won't receive the approved sponsor email because it will go to the wrong address. Does she need to follow up or do anything once this has been sent?

Any help will appreciated. Thanks
Hello, I'm march 15/2017 applicant -may I ask what province are you guys at? Even though my emails are correct I also didn't receive that much correspondence, in the sponsor side doesn't even say DM. So disappointed with the lack of information... I called a bunch of times and nobody can explain why it is so delayed.

Hopefully you will have a DM soon! Good luck and please keep us posted !

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Hello, I'm march 15/2017 applicant -may I ask what province are you guys at? Even though my emails are correct I also didn't receive that much correspondence, in the sponsor side doesn't even say DM. So disappointed with the lack of information... I called a bunch of times and nobody can explain why it is so delayed.

Hopefully you will have a DM soon! Good luck and please keep us posted !
I am in BC.

I had an issue with messages being sent by CIC but not coming through on my end. I would suggest calling and filling out a web form and asking them to confirm what messages have been sent and dates of those messages. Best of luck

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
it took about a week between DM and the email
Not sure when DM for sponsor came through as there is no date listed, but as we have not been able to change my wife's email address in CIC it's doubtful that we will ever see it. I was contacted by message on April 23 asking for more info, so over a week and half ago.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
More than likely your application was approved or they would not have made a decision with asking for additional documentation. They will send you a landing appointment letter either mail or email (I got mine by email). This letter will outline all the requirements that you will have to meet before becoming a permanent residence. If you did not pay the $490.00 I suggest that you do as soon as you can because the letter states that it can take up to 72 hours to process that payment. Good luck, hope you hear from them soon.
Hi, would you share the landing appointment info?
And after that,they will approve?

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018

Oh I only landed on Monday. Today is the 3 days since I became a permanent resident of Canada. The immigration officer told me that it will take approximately 2 months to get it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that its before, but I am not overly concerned. My pr card can take its sweet sweet time to come, I don't really care.

Good luck to you!!
Hi, would you like to share what's the process after landing interview?

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
A friend of mine her process is from end of june 2017 she just got the letter for the landing interview in montreal! Last friday she told me that the review of eligibility had started and today 7 days after she got the landing letter!! is that not amazing?! so fast!!

Reactions: live&love

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I am wondering what’s supposed to happened now?

Application progress: we are processing your application
Review of eligibility: your application is in progress
Review of medical results: you passed medical exam
Interview: do not need an interview at this time
Biometrics: do not need fingerprints at this time
Background check: we are processing your background check
Final decision: your application is in progress

Last edited:

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I am wondering what’s supposed to happened now?

Application progress: we are processing your application
Review of eligibility: your application is in progress
Review of medical results: you passed medical exam
Interview: do not need an interview at this time
Biometrics: do not need fingerprints at this time
Background check: we are processing your background check
Final decision: your application is in progress
Without your timeline it’s hard to help you...

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Without your timeline it’s hard to help you...

I don’t have a spread sheet or anything that I made for my time line.

My application was received August 29,2017.
I received a CSQ in December 2017, my husband( my sponsor) was approved as a sponsor for this as well.
I submitted my background police checks and schedule A- in November/December 2017 however the FBI takes 3-4 months, so that was received March 27,2018
I was asked to do a medical exam- March 19,2018

I looked at the account today, it says the medical exam is passed

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I don’t have a spread sheet or anything that I made for my time line.

My application was received August 29,2017.
I received a CSQ in December 2017, my husband( my sponsor) was approved as a sponsor for this as well.
I submitted my background police checks and schedule A- in November/December 2017 however the FBI takes 3-4 months, so that was received March 27,2018
I was asked to do a medical exam- March 19,2018

I looked at the account today, it says the medical exam is passed
I’m August 11 and I’m in quebec as well.. right now we wait to them start the review of eligibility and decision made!

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I’m August 11 and I’m in quebec as well.. right now we wait to them start the review of eligibility and decision made!
So when it says “review of eligibility: application in progress”

For that mean they have started that part?

I would assume they would have done that THEN ask for all the extra stuff like the medical, background check, and the CSQ