AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I'm a December 2017 applicant, I was checking my CIC account after a while today and the status said Updated. I checked and I think what's changed is that under background check it now says: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I thought nothing would happen before medical request so I'm happy to see some change! Anyone else seen that?
My timeline is close to yours. Lucky you got OWP earlier than my wife did. We should expect our medical request around July. I noticed in the spreadsheet that most got their med request around 7-8 months mark from the date of app received. As for the background check, it will be like that for a long time. It will change as soon as SA/AIP/DM comes around like 11th month mark.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hey guys, sorry for the long post but I hope it can help in anyway possible when going to do your landing interview. I did mine today at Etobicoke visa office. I'll share with you as much as I can remember about the whole process, mind you I was super nervous.

So we had a 2:00 pm appointment, we reached there for 1:30 pm. Upon entering the room (which is much larger than it looks from outside) we saw a lady at the front desk. She greeted us and we introduced ourselves and I showed her my appointment letter. She gave us a numbered ticket and told us to wait for our number to be called (she was very friendly and polite).

We took our number and proceed to the seating area. The inside of the office is set up exactly like the drive test centers. There are different tickets with different lettering and numbers which I assume that every letter signify a different type of application. Our letter was D with a three digit number attached. I am not sure how many people were ahead of me because of the numbering system, but according to the letter D there were 17 people ahead of me.

So me and hubby stood for about 10 mins before there were available seating (its that
crowded). We sat and wait for about 45 mins before our number is called, which is now after 2:00 pm. We went up to the counter and there was a man who introduces himself. He asked for my appointment letter, looked at it and gave it back to me. He looked at my hubby and asked if he's the sponsor, then asked to see his ID and he asked if he's working and then turned to me and asked if I am working. We said "yes" and he said "good, good". He asked to see my proof of address (I provided bank statements and a letter from the bank stamped and dated verifying my address). He then gave me back all my documents and went over to a printer and brought 2 long sheets of paper. He signed it and told me congratulations you are now a permanent residence of Canada and jokingly asked me how I feel about it. I replied "speechless". He asked me to signed the papers, he stick a photo on one and gave me the other. He also gave me a sheet of paper outlining my rights as a permanent resident. He said that there are service Canada agents in the a few windows down. I can go and get my SIN or I can visit a service Canada within the next month to get one. He then said good luck to me and hubby and wish us a good life together. The whole process with him took less than 10 minutes.

Overall even if you have a schedule time on your landing letter you should go earlier because from what I saw its a first come first served kind of thing.

Good luck to everyone. I can't explain how much of a relief this has been.
Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy your trip back home:)

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
So happy for you!;)Post us about your interview:)
Quiet for me!No changes,still background is checking and eligibility not started
Thank you:) I sure will. Did you try calling them? I don't understand their logic with timelines...I hope you'll hear some good news soon!

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hello I called cic and they said my owp is approved .... actually am using representative so don't have assess to the file .... the cic agent said it is approved and I will be getting message soon . You also cll them .
Hi, when did you submit your case?

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
What

What is the email id ? And what u wrote in that email?
Hey, this is the email address for Etobicoke - CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca

This is what I wrote to them.

Good morning,
Application #: XXXXX
To Whom it May Concern:
On XXXXX a decision was made on my inland application for permanent residence. Can you kindly inform me as to when I will receive a correspondence confirming that my application was approved or a confirmation for my landing interview. This Thursday will make 6 weeks since the decision was made. I was told that Etobicoke takes approximately 6 to 9 weeks to schedule a landing interview.
Thank you and I look forward to hear from you.
Best Regards,

Good luck!

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could please share your experience. After finishing the background check, any idea how long it takes for a final decision? Thanks in advance

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hey guys, sorry for the long post but I hope it can help in anyway possible when going to do your landing interview. I did mine today at Etobicoke visa office. I'll share with you as much as I can remember about the whole process, mind you I was super nervous......

Congratulations!!! Now is time to celebrate!!! :)

Reactions: melissaj

wannycaroline@

Apr 4, 2018
Hie .... did u clld cic ? Is there any update in ur cic account yet ?
I have been trying to connect yesterday and can not talk to the agent, just those automatic recordings. I called 7:30 a.m. today and I still did not have the option to talk to a person.

wannycaroline@

Apr 4, 2018
My PR application Dec 2017 inland application is saying under background check “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.” I havent received any request for medical yet. How long will it take for me to get AIP?
Hi, I received this update too last week. We just need wait, I think the medical request comes well after. I'm 2017/12 inland too.

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
I'm a December 2017 applicant, I was checking my CIC account after a while today and the status said Updated. I checked and I think what's changed is that under background check it now says: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I thought nothing would happen before medical request so I'm happy to see some change! Anyone else seen that?
Mine changed to that 5 months before my medical request, (got request in March) and they’re still processing background. It a long process! Hoping for my eligibility to start soon. I’m a June 2017 applicant

Reactions: Baharm

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Mine changed to that 5 months before my medical request, (got request in March) and they’re still processing background. It a long process! Hoping for my eligibility to start soon. I’m a June 2017 applicant
yeah i am in the same situation just like you. Hopefully will hear something from them soon

walasadi

Nov 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Hi Everyone - my wife who is pregnant received a request to get her medical done. When she went to the doctor, she was provided with a Pregnancy Deferral Letter issued through e-medical and was asked to send it to CIC. question is how do we send it to CIC?
hello everyone, just re-surfacing this to get some help