+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

wannycaroline@

Apr 4, 2018
18882422100 .... cll early morning near by 7.30 am ... mostly your had been approved because she told me mine was approved on Friday and they will mail it soon
I'm trying to call but I do not find any option to talk to an agent. Just recordings, I'd like to speak with an agent.

Rety

Apr 1, 2016
I'm trying to call but I do not find any option to talk to an agent. Just recordings, I'd like to speak with an agent.
For work permit application I pressed 1 three times then 3 afterwards 0 after lot of attempts I was able to talk to agent but if u cll in morning byb7.30 am you can easily talk to them.

Reactions: wannycaroline@

Elena1212

Apr 13, 2017
just had a fight with Service Ontario about OHIP, they demand that the letter from my employer says continuous employment for 6 months and i understood that and asked my employer can you write this please...

My employer said no from a legal standpoint they cant ..... so they got woolly with the language and wrote a letter which apparently satisfied the first person i approached at service ontario's needs with one amendment needed.

So I went back to employer and had an amendment made. Went back to Service Ontario and the second person that looked at it and said this is wrong you need the 6 month continuous service letter.

I basically told him if i have to go back to my employer and say for a 3rd time no it needs to be as i originally requested then i will get laughed at and told to go away.

My question is why would the ministry make legislation which is deliberately obstructive when they know an employer for legal reasons simply cannot agree to say that at ANY point in your employment ( have passed probation in my work and i am full time) ?

Final Note i did get the OHIP coverage but had to argue for it which i shouldnt have to do.

Legislation in case anyone is interested - https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900552#BK4
Section 1.4 (6)
Grr what a waste of time..I had a letter which just stated I’ve been working full time since 1 Nov and not even 6 months that time and it was ok. She treated me with unhappy face though lol the hardest for me was to get OHIP for my kid as she wanted his study permit, school doesn’t need it but they do, then somebody told her to issue according my work permit which expires next April and she gave my kid only till February for 6 months...that’s weird..I hope to get my PR by then :)

princessjustin24

Jan 26, 2018
My PR application Dec 2017 inland application is saying under background check “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.” I havent received any request for medical yet. How long will it take for me to get AIP?

Reactions: Baharm

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I'm a December 2017 applicant, I was checking my CIC account after a while today and the status said Updated. I checked and I think what's changed is that under background check it now says: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I thought nothing would happen before medical request so I'm happy to see some change! Anyone else seen that?

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Grr what a waste of time..I had a letter which just stated I’ve been working full time since 1 Nov and not even 6 months that time and it was ok. She treated me with unhappy face though lol the hardest for me was to get OHIP for my kid as she wanted his study permit, school doesn’t need it but they do, then somebody told her to issue according my work permit which expires next April and she gave my kid only till February for 6 months...that’s weird..I hope to get my PR by then :)
I understand the need for the guidelines to be precise but i honestly think its deliberate to prevent people on work permits from getting healthcare coverage. I had to argue with them to get them to accept it. mine is also up until my work permit ends which is nov 2019.

Reactions: Elena1212

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hey guys, sorry for the long post but I hope it can help in anyway possible when going to do your landing interview. I did mine today at Etobicoke visa office. I'll share with you as much as I can remember about the whole process, mind you I was super nervous.

So we had a 2:00 pm appointment, we reached there for 1:30 pm. Upon entering the room (which is much larger than it looks from outside) we saw a lady at the front desk. She greeted us and we introduced ourselves and I showed her my appointment letter. She gave us a numbered ticket and told us to wait for our number to be called (she was very friendly and polite).

We took our number and proceed to the seating area. The inside of the office is set up exactly like the drive test centers. There are different tickets with different lettering and numbers which I assume that every letter signify a different type of application. Our letter was D with a three digit number attached. I am not sure how many people were ahead of me because of the numbering system, but according to the letter D there were 17 people ahead of me.

So me and hubby stood for about 10 mins before there were available seating (its that
crowded). We sat and wait for about 45 mins before our number is called, which is now after 2:00 pm. We went up to the counter and there was a man who introduces himself. He asked for my appointment letter, looked at it and gave it back to me. He looked at my hubby and asked if he's the sponsor, then asked to see his ID and he asked if he's working and then turned to me and asked if I am working. We said "yes" and he said "good, good". He asked to see my proof of address (I provided bank statements and a letter from the bank stamped and dated verifying my address). He then gave me back all my documents and went over to a printer and brought 2 long sheets of paper. He signed it and told me congratulations you are now a permanent residence of Canada and jokingly asked me how I feel about it. I replied "speechless". He asked me to signed the papers, he stick a photo on one and gave me the other. He also gave me a sheet of paper outlining my rights as a permanent resident. He said that there are service Canada agents in the a few windows down. I can go and get my SIN or I can visit a service Canada within the next month to get one. He then said good luck to me and hubby and wish us a good life together. The whole process with him took less than 10 minutes.

Overall even if you have a schedule time on your landing letter you should go earlier because from what I saw its a first come first served kind of thing.

Good luck to everyone. I can't explain how much of a relief this has been.

lee9

Nov 22, 2017
What
Oh wow...congrats!!! I am glad it worked out with you emailing them. I wished I knew earlier and I would've emailed them since then to.

Maybe this is what everyone should start doing. Maybe it helps. I am not sure, but its worth it.

I have mine today and I am getting the shivers.
What is the email id ? And what u wrote in that email?

Mr U

Feb 20, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
March
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
20-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2018
Hey guys, sorry for the long post but I hope it can help in anyway possible when going to do your landing interview. I did mine today at Etobicoke visa office. I'll share with you as much as I can remember about the whole process, mind you I was super nervous.

So we had a 2:00 pm appointment, we reached there for 1:30 pm. Upon entering the room (which is much larger than it looks from outside) we saw a lady at the front desk. She greeted us and we introduced ourselves and I showed her my appointment letter. She gave us a numbered ticket and told us to wait for our number to be called (she was very friendly and polite).

We took our number and proceed to the seating area. The inside of the office is set up exactly like the drive test centers. There are different tickets with different lettering and numbers which I assume that every letter signify a different type of application. Our letter was D with a three digit number attached. I am not sure how many people were ahead of me because of the numbering system, but according to the letter D there were 17 people ahead of me.

So me and hubby stood for about 10 mins before there were available seating (its that
crowded). We sat and wait for about 45 mins before our number is called, which is now after 2:00 pm. We went up to the counter and there was a man who introduces himself. He asked for my appointment letter, looked at it and gave it back to me. He looked at my hubby and asked if he's the sponsor, then asked to see his ID and he asked if he's working and then turned to me and asked if I am working. We said "yes" and he said "good, good". He asked to see my proof of address (I provided bank statements and a letter from the bank stamped and dated verifying my address). He then gave me back all my documents and went over to a printer and brought 2 long sheets of paper. He signed it and told me congratulations you are now a permanent residence of Canada and jokingly asked me how I feel about it. I replied "speechless". He asked me to signed the papers, he stick a photo on one and gave me the other. He also gave me a sheet of paper outlining my rights as a permanent resident. He said that there are service Canada agents in the a few windows down. I can go and get my SIN or I can visit a service Canada within the next month to get one. He then said good luck to me and hubby and wish us a good life together. The whole process with him took less than 10 minutes.

Overall even if you have a schedule time on your landing letter you should go earlier because from what I saw its a first come first served kind of thing.

Good luck to everyone. I can't explain how much of a relief this has been.
Congratulations. Wishing you guys the best.

Reactions: melissaj