+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
You are not alone I’m march 2nd 2017 N I reached out my MP office and they give me the same answer as CIC call Centre, they told me wait till BG done, now still in processing. I pass the security check which on my note I ordered , only hold up maybe is criminality check I don’t worry about that. There is nothing else I can do by my side. This waiting game is killing meo_O
Me too! There is so many people from March waiting... So frustrating! Keep us updated, hopefully it will be finished soon! Fingers crossed that we are next in line for DM

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hi Lee9,

Yes, I have my landing appointment for today at 2:00 pm. I received landing appointment via email last Wednesday.

Good luck!!!
Quick update:) I followed your advice and I emailed them on Wednesday. Just now I got an interview invitation for next Monday. Yay!

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Quick update:) I followed your advice and I emailed them on Wednesday. Just now I got an interview invitation for next Monday. Yay!

Oh wow...congrats!!! I am glad it worked out with you emailing them. I wished I knew earlier and I would've emailed them since then to.

Maybe this is what everyone should start doing. Maybe it helps. I am not sure, but its worth it.

I have mine today and I am getting the shivers.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Oh wow...congrats!!! I am glad it worked out with you emailing them. I wished I knew earlier and I would've emailed them since then to.

Maybe this is what everyone should start doing. Maybe it helps. I am not sure, but its worth it.

I have mine today and I am getting the shivers.
Good Luck! You know it's gonna be fine:)

wannycaroline@

Apr 4, 2018
Dec 11 applicant here

Yes! I got the email yesterday (Saturday morning) from IRCC. It was approved on April 27, 2018.
I was surprised to get an email on a Saturday.
Now, I'm just waiting to receive the work permit via mail.

So happy!!

if you haven't heard anything yet, try calling the IRCC customer service hotline. I believe it helped a lot since I haven't been able to link my account since December but after talking to the agent and her pulling up my applications, she emailed Vegreville since the application was idle and it was more than 4 months already.
UAU, so nice! I have update my status last week but I don't have more information.
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: angel0214

Rety

Apr 1, 2016
No. I saw and nothing!!! and you?
Hello I called cic and they said my owp is approved .... actually am using representative so don't have assess to the file .... the cic agent said it is approved and I will be getting message soon . You also cll them .

wannycaroline@

Apr 4, 2018
Hello I called cic and they said my owp is approved .... actually am using representative so don't have assess to the file .... the cic agent said it is approved and I will be getting message soon . You also cll them .
Great Great! Thanks for the informations.
Congratulations

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
just had a fight with Service Ontario about OHIP, they demand that the letter from my employer says continuous employment for 6 months and i understood that and asked my employer can you write this please...

My employer said no from a legal standpoint they cant ..... so they got woolly with the language and wrote a letter which apparently satisfied the first person i approached at service ontario's needs with one amendment needed.

So I went back to employer and had an amendment made. Went back to Service Ontario and the second person that looked at it and said this is wrong you need the 6 month continuous service letter.

I basically told him if i have to go back to my employer and say for a 3rd time no it needs to be as i originally requested then i will get laughed at and told to go away.

My question is why would the ministry make legislation which is deliberately obstructive when they know an employer for legal reasons simply cannot agree to say that at ANY point in your employment ( have passed probation in my work and i am full time) ?

Final Note i did get the OHIP coverage but had to argue for it which i shouldnt have to do.

Legislation in case anyone is interested - https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900552#BK4
Section 1.4 (6)

Last edited: