+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife and we sent out the application on June 5th. She just received an email with attachment stating:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Kitchener IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

My question is: What do they ask on the appointment? How much longer it will take after the interview to get the permanent residency? Do I (the sponsor) need to go with her to the interview?
Congratulations!! Yes both of you need to attend the interview. She will receive her PR on the spot,the questions are pretty simple questions like did you have any dependent after you sent the application,were you refused to get in canada,you the sponsor still want to sponsor her type thing..

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife and we sent out the application on June 5th. She just received an email with attachment stating:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Kitchener IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

My question is: What do they ask on the appointment? How much longer it will take after the interview to get the permanent residency? Do I (the sponsor) need to go with her to the interview?
They ask basic questions on whether or not she has a criminal history, if she was deported from any country, and if she was refused entry into any country. She will also be asked about how many dependents she has outside of Canada.

She will get the PR at the end of the interview. PR card 10 weeks later. And you, as the sponsor, must attend the interview with her.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hi. Congratulations to you and your wife for the new born.
I gave birth early this month, and I am waiting for the birth certificate. Did CIC ask for anything other than the birth certificate? Could you please tell me how did you submit it?
Thanks
They didn't ask for it, but in every letter they send, they say you must notify IRCC for any changes, & having a child is one if the changes you must notify them about it.

I submitted by Webform, and that's the easiest and fastest way, i might take 10 days to 2 weeks to get to them though.

Reactions: YousifBreesam

vanprincess93

Jan 27, 2018
(Cross posted)
Hi guys, I'm a July applicant.
I received a landing letter a couple days ago, it says that the processing of my application has been completed and I will be contacted by IRCC Vancouver office for an appointment. And then I checked my PR application status and it says "decision made". I didn't receive any other mail but this email with attached landing letter. Is this appointment a kind of interview? When would I be expecting to get contacted by them? Is it possible to set up an appointment by me calling them? I can't wait to hear anything from them! Please help, it would be appreciated!

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
(Cross posted)
I received a landing letter a couple days ago, it says that the processing of my application has been completed and I will be contacted by IRCC Vancouver office for an appointment. And then I checked my PR application status and it says "decision made". I didn't receive any other mail but this email with attached landing letter. Is this appointment a kind of interview? When would I be expecting to get contacted by them? Is it possible to set up an appointment by me calling them? I can't wait to hear anything from them! Please help, it would be appreciated!
Can u share ur timeline please? Did ur ecas account changed before this

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
(Cross posted)
that is the for the landing interview. wait for the IRCC office closest to you to contact you, you don’t have to call them. depends on how busy that office is, it may be soon or weeks.

avenky

Apr 29, 2018
Folks I need your help.
I submitted the PR in land application along with OWP for my wife last week. I made sure the Schedule A form was physically signed by her as per the checklist. I forgot to ask her to physically sign the OWP application IMM 5710. Would it be returned back.? Can I fill another form and send it CIC. I don't want it to be returned and delay the whole process. Please help me

Coridel

Oct 24, 2017
Folks I need your help.
I submitted the PR in land application along with OWP for my wife last week. I made sure the Schedule A form was physically signed by her as per the checklist. I forgot to ask her to physically sign the OWP application IMM 5710. Would it be returned back.? Can I fill another form and send it CIC. I don't want it to be returned and delay the whole process. Please help me
Based on my experience, I would recommend sending a complete OWP application directly to Vegreville (using a copy of the payment you have already made). Enclose a letter explaining the situation.

CPC Vegreville
Work permit for spouses and common-law partners
6212–55th Avenue – Unit 777
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

julzj

Apr 27, 2018
My status expired on April 16th 2018 and I applied for restoral on April 17th. I was on a OWP and I somehow missed the day of expiration. I received my DM on the 19th April 2018. Does anyone know of this will affect my finalization of permanent residency??

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Just curious that whether all the Dec 11-12 applicant got their OWP approval yet?
Dec 11 applicant here

Yes! I got the email yesterday (Saturday morning) from IRCC. It was approved on April 27, 2018.
I was surprised to get an email on a Saturday.
Now, I'm just waiting to receive the work permit via mail.

So happy!!

if you haven't heard anything yet, try calling the IRCC customer service hotline. I believe it helped a lot since I haven't been able to link my account since December but after talking to the agent and her pulling up my applications, she emailed Vegreville since the application was idle and it was more than 4 months already.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
They didn't ask for it, but in every letter they send, they say you must notify IRCC for any changes, & having a child is one if the changes you must notify them about it.

I submitted by Webform, and that's the easiest and fastest way, i might take 10 days to 2 weeks to get to them though.
Thanks a lot