+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
UPDATE: Just received an email from the IRCC office in Kitchener inviting to a landing interview for May 4! I did not receive any emails for SA, AIP or DM. My ECAS on both PA and sponsor side changed to Decision Made on Apr 24. My full timeline is in my signature below. Finally at the finish line!
That’s awesome!! Congrats!!

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
How often do you guys (who have passed the deadline) call immigration to check about your application?

I sent CSQ two weeks ago and in the website nothing has changed...

I'm also March 2017 - I see a lot of people from February and March waiting! wondering if I'm close to the end...
I'm march 2017 too... I was just wondering the same, not sure if they have all the calls registered but probably not

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I'm march 2017 too... I was just wondering the same, not sure if they have all the calls registered but probably not
March 2017.. still waiting.. My Ecas changed from In Process/ Received to In process / In process. CIC asked for Police Record Based on fingerprints last March 01, I submitted and they received it.. Waiting and waiting :(

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
We just landed today at Etobicoke, Ontario.

Took half a day but it was mostly just waiting in line. Interview was all of 15 minutes. Only because the Immigration Official was quite friendly and talkative. Typical questions asking about criminality, deportation, and refusal of entry. She then gave quite a thorough explanation of residency obligations, new resident settlement benefits, how to apply/use SIN, etc. No pressure at all.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
any updates from June applicants??
I'm June 4th. I passed medicals just about a week ago.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

Smiler

Jan 11, 2018

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I'm June 16th. Mine looks the same. I'm sure we'll hear something soon.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they'll start reviewing our eligibility soon

Reactions: empatio

thisisruss

Mar 26, 2018
Hello,

I've been reading through the posts and there is some really good information on here, thanks everyone!!

I was wondering if there was anyone else on a similar Timeline to myself;

- I sent off my application for Spousal Sponsorship Visa and Open Work Permit late February and my the application was received by CIC on the 4th April 2018 (I had sent it tracked so know when they signed for it at the Mississauga address).
- I have not yet received any correspondance from CIC but from reading this thread it looks like I am still early doors and might not receive anything for another 4 weeks or so at least :/
It might be worthwhile following the 2018 thread, this is for 2017 Applications - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/unread

You should receive your AOR within 4-6 weeks of Mississauga receiving the application