+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gherkin86

Aug 11, 2014
What phone number do I call for help with my work permit. It has been approved and I waited the six weeks for it to arrive and it never did. Have submitted the web form to say it never arrived and have waited the 10 business days to hear a response and got nothing.

Can anyone help me with who to call so I can figure out where the work permit has ended up or get it re sent???

I live in Whistler BC and had applied for residency on November 23rd

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
I called immigration today to see if I could have some updates about my file. The agent informed that I have passed background, medical and that they received everything (including my CSQ) - that now I should expect a DM.

That didn't make me anxious at all LOL
that's great news! what's your current status on ecas? have you gotten sa or aip yet?

Andy.ve

Oct 19, 2017
Hello. I don't know if this was been answered before, so I'll ask: My OWP "details" on my linked apps page changed from "submitted" to "updated" but I don't see any messages/updates in it. Does anyone know what this means? I resubmitted my app due to insufficient funds on January 26th, so I'm hoping to get an answer on it soon.

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello. I don't know if this was been answered before, so I'll ask: My OWP "details" on my linked apps page changed from "submitted" to "updated" but I don't see any messages/updates in it. Does anyone know what this means? I resubmitted my app due to insufficient funds on January 26th, so I'm hoping to get an answer on it soon.
They must start reviewing your eligibility!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Why would you need a TRV? You never "left" Canada because US have refused your entrance.
I saw one of the senior members here mention about needing a TRV to do a flagpole in an old thread but I also found a comment from a different thread that said it's not needed with a link to CIC. So, that's already been solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: pius88

Elena1212

Apr 13, 2017
Has anyone had to renew their health card while awaiting permanent residency? Mine expires in 2 days, but (obviously) I don't have my PR yet. Is there anything you can show as proof of eligibility?? I don't think my open work permit will be enough.
Applied May 2017, but looks like my application will not be done in 12 months...
Hi,there!I got a mail with an extension form a month before expiry date. I have been working full time for 5 months and the first thing they asked in Service Ontario was work permit and an employment letter.I had both and it took 5 mins to extend my health card for the period of my work permit valid,one more year.They asked also ID proof of address and made a hole in my old card:)
Today is 13 months since I got my AOR and still no news on PR..Oh,well I am very patient :)Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yulia V

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Is there any one here lives in New Brunswick? If so, please pm me, I would like to ask a few questions! Thanks in advance!

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Get a letter from your employer with company logo in the header stating that you’ve been employed for more than 6 months. Apply for OHIP with that letter and your work permit.
Hi,there!I got a mail with an extension form a month before expiry date. I have been working full time for 5 months and the first thing they asked in Service Ontario was work permit and an employment letter.I had both and it took 5 mins to extend my health card for the period of my work permit valid,one more year.They asked also ID proof of address and made a hole in my old card:)
Today is 13 months since I got my AOR and still no news on PR..Oh,well I am very patient :)Good luck!
I only have an open work permit, therefore there it is not connected to an employer in Ontario (and I work remotely for an employer in the US) - which is why I don't think it's enough. However, it does have my personal address listed on it, and it is proof from the government that I was deemed eligible to apply for PR, so it might work!
Hope you get good news soon - good luck!

Reactions: Elena1212

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
that's great news! what's your current status on ecas? have you gotten sa or aip yet?
I hope so! I can’t wait to be done with it!

The last update I’ve got was medical passed. There was no changes in my Ecas account since october... on March I received the SA letter with a request for the CSQ (only in Quebec) and I called to make sure they received it. When I call the machine says that they didn’t start eligibility yet and that they were processing background but I waited to speak to an agent who confirmed that I passed background and they received the letter! She said that many times they just don’t update on the website.

Hopefully won’t take too long for DM! I’m barely sleeping thinking about it

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Today or yesterday because I didn't check my Ecas, on sponsored side (Permanent Residence Application Status) changed to "In process" from "Application Received" and on sponsor's side (Sponsorship Application Status) changed from "In process" to Application received". Nothing has been changed on MyCIC account.

Is this a good sign?

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Today or yesterday because I didn't check my Ecas, on sponsored side (Permanent Residence Application Status) changed to "In process" from "Application Received" and on sponsor's side (Sponsorship Application Status) changed from "In process" to Application received". Nothing has been changed on MyCIC account.

Is this a good sign?

When did you hand in your application

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017

Is this a good sign?
Might be wrong but think that usually means stage 1 is near completion (SA) and they are now onto stage 2 which is focused on the PA side. You should get some further updates/changes soon in mycic. We are about a month behind you in the process (and still waiting for the medical results to be updated) so hoping we see some more movement in the coming weeks.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Might be wrong but think that usually means stage 1 is near completion (SA) and they are now onto stage 2 which is focused on the PA side. You should get some further updates/changes soon in mycic. We are about a month behind you in the process (and still waiting for the medical results to be updated) so hoping we see some more movement in the coming weeks.
Seems to be like SA soon. Hopefully in 1-2 months.

I hope you get updates for your medical soon.