+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

pops62

Mar 17, 2018
Have you received anything yet? & could you share ur timeline please?
No I have not received any new updates yet since I received that letter. I submitted My application In May 2017 Got AOR May 19, 2017. Submitted Police certificate in June 2017 along with schedule A. Medical was submitted upfront. I didn't hear anything after June, until on March 28, 2018 I saw DM on my ecas and on March 29 my spouse got SA.Now patiently waiting for landing interview. What about you?

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
It is very random the process after medicals. Anyone from March to August might hear an answer for SA, AIP or DM.. Lets just wait a bit more.
I guess you are right. I saw one person on this forum from August. Their review status already started. Its just a waiting game for now.

Reactions: Gio1908

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
hey guys anybody knows when cic transfer your file to an international office of canada to process the visa process how many times it takes and why they do this ?

thanks

Reactions: Baharm

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
No I have not received any new updates yet since I received that letter. I submitted My application In May 2017 Got AOR May 19, 2017. Submitted Police certificate in June 2017 along with schedule A. Medical was submitted upfront. I didn't hear anything after June, until on March 28, 2018 I saw DM on my ecas and on March 29 my spouse got SA.Now patiently waiting for landing interview. What about you?
I'm in Canada already (in land). I submitted my application on May 11, 2017. In June, it was police certificate and Schedule A. In Nov. I passed medicals and submitted it. Then in March, they requested Schedule A AGAIN and a passport photocopy. Since Then, nothing! In about 3 weeks, I'll be going over the 12 months period.

DK1992

Mar 8, 2018
Hi guys,
I just wanna share my experience with those who are afraid of leaving Canada while waiting for PR. I just went to Cuba for one week with my husband, came back yesterday. After we passed self-serve machines where you input all the info about yourself and your trip, scan your passport etc we went to the officer who did not even open our passports, but asked to show my work permit, looked at it quickly and said welcome back, so I see no problems to travel abroad at all. I don't know if they even knew I had my visa, probably it is in a system when you scan your passport

Reactions: cecilia.medico

AshhMac92

May 12, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Doc's Request.
14-06-2017
AOR Received.
14-06-2017
Med's Request
24-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2018
Hi guys,
I just wanna share my experience with those who are afraid of leaving Canada while waiting for PR. I just went to Cuba for one week with my husband, came back yesterday. After we passed self-serve machines where you input all the info about yourself and your trip, scan your passport etc we went to the officer who did not even open our passports, but asked to show my work permit, looked at it quickly and said welcome back, so I see no problems to travel abroad at all. I don't know if they even knew I had my visa, probably it is in a system when you scan your passport
Definitely second this. We had to travel back to Australia when my father-in-law passed away. As long as you have a valid passport, valid work permit/visa, you should have no issues coming back. They did not ask my husband about his application or anything related to it. We have been told though not to travel so close to the 12 month mark, so we are staying in Canada until we get his PR card. :)

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Hi guys,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I wanna say only this its totally depends on the officer who's gonna allow you to enter. In any case if they are not going to allow you to enter and your application is processing that will be abandoned automatically. That's why everyone says you can go outside of Canada but it is not recommended.

Reactions: Baharm and iamvenus

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Has anyone had to renew their health card while awaiting permanent residency? Mine expires in 2 days, but (obviously) I don't have my PR yet. Is there anything you can show as proof of eligibility?? I don't think my open work permit will be enough.

Applied May 2017, but looks like my application will not be done in 12 months...

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Has anyone had to renew their health card while awaiting permanent residency? Mine expires in 2 days, but (obviously) I don't have my PR yet. Is there anything you can show as proof of eligibility?? I don't think my open work permit will be enough.

Applied May 2017, but looks like my application will not be done in 12 months...
From what province? I'm from Alberta and I was able to get coverage using my work permit.

faye.wmgl

Sep 13, 2017
April/May 2017 applicant here. Got SA today! hoping to receive AIP and DM soon.
I saw on previous posts that someone got request for additional document (employment letter) after she/he received SA and it worries me :'(

See my timeline below - I do not have direct online access to keep track as I am represented by an Immigration Lawyer and the law office hasn't been able to link my application online. Every correspondence was communicated through email from CIC to my lawyer. Actual dates may differ.

Application package sent to CIC: April 29, 2017.
Application received/File number issued: May 19, 2017.
Sch A and Police Certificate request: a week later (specific date unknown)
Medical request: February 1, 2018.
SA: April 23, 2018.

Fingers crossed.
Good luck everyone.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I'm in Ontario. That's reasurring to hear you were able to use the work permit - I guess I'll give it a try with that. Thanks!
Get a letter from your employer with company logo in the header stating that you’ve been employed for more than 6 months. Apply for OHIP with that letter and your work permit.

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I am aware of that. My question is if I need a TRV to "come back" to Canada during the flagpole. I only have my work permit and I know you need to have a TRV when you enter Canada. I wasn't sure if that's the same with doing a flagpole.
Why would you need a TRV? You never "left" Canada because US have refused your entrance.

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I called immigration today to see if I could have some updates about my file. The agent informed that I have passed background, medical and that they received everything (including my CSQ) - that now I should expect a DM.

That didn't make me anxious at all LOL