28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Hi everyone,

We are 12 months into our application process, no issues so far (touch wood) We just received a notice this morning that the "Eligibility Passed" for our INLAND spousal sponsorship application. Does anyone know what is next? What this means? or is anyone at the same stage?
Any information would be great!

Good luck everyone!

AOR MAY 16TH
was that notice addressed to the sponsor or to the applicant? if it's for the applicant then you're really close unless there's a hold up with the security/background check. you can always check with the call-centre or via case-specific inquiry. as soon as your ecas shows dm on both sides, consider the application finished.

AfantyZ

Apr 18, 2018
I got DM on March 28th and received a letter saying Etobicoke will contact me for landing interview but nothing yet.......
If it has been DM, u don’t have to worry about u application. CIC will send the
Hi everyone,

We are 12 months into our application process, no issues so far (touch wood) We just received a notice this morning that the "Eligibility Passed" for our INLAND spousal sponsorship application. Does anyone know what is next? What this means? or is anyone at the same stage?

Good luck everyone!

AOR MAY 16TH
Congrats, next step will be decision made and landing interview which is landing. U and u sponsor need to be show up together.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Good morning,
I sent an inland application to sponsor my husband in November 2017, unfortunately my husband is a failed refugee claimant and in February we found out his PRRA was denied. He was ordered to leave the country , which he did this past Monday April 16th.
My question is , from what I understand I believe I need to withdraw my inland application and submit an Outland. Is this correct, and is that the only way we can proceed.

Thank you for any information you can provide I just want to triple check before I withdraw it
Hi can you tell me please how long it took to process prra for you ? When did u apply for that becos I am going to apply for prra next month

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Hi everyone,

Good luck everyone!

AOR MAY 16TH
You're really close to the end.

For us, we got the landing letter interview the next business day. Scheduled for next Thursday. Hopefully this time next week, the entire thing will be over and we'll need to wait again for the PR card.

Reactions: Elena1212

nemema

Mar 29, 2018
I wonder why December 11/12 applications have been experiencing this.

I did that this morning, I've tried several times before 8 am. I got through this morning then waited 20 mins in the queue then my call was dropped.
The same for me, Dec 12. I really don’t know what is happening! I was sure that the delay could be just maybe for a week or two, but there hasn’t been any news at all. The last time I called they confirmed that they sent an email to Mississauga and that I just have to wait. After I linked the application online there hasn’t been any changes. I am getting worried that it might be refused or something, even if I don’t see a reason. The worst would be that they wait for all those 5 months and then they refuse when I am out of status!

Reactions: angel0214

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Congrats!

Yes :( I've been calling the same number as the one you've posted -- thank you though.
I just sent the web form since it is already beyond the 4-month processing time, hopefully I get a response soonest.
Ah ok. Hope u get an answer soon.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
So my wife had the same issue. Didn't do medical for work permit prior to applying PR. She's a teacher so she couldn't work as a teacher. After applying PR and completing medical upon request from CIC. We drove to the border in Montana and they simply updated her existing visa without restriction. The border had the medical for PR in their system. No extra cost or re-application. It took no more than 5 mins for them to update it. It doesn't take 4-6 weeks before it shows up in the system after you complete your medical. Hope this helps once you're done your medical. Go to the border at a non busy time if you can. She's working as a teacher now, while still awaiting her PR. Hope this helps.
Can you explain in steps how this is done? You mentioned about asking for something (I forget what it’s called) that’s harmless in the US side then go back over to Canada side to get visa updated without restrictions. I tried to find your post but I lost it. Much appreciated.

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
I wonder why December 11/12 applications have been experiencing this.

I did that this morning, I've tried several times before 8 am. I got through this morning then waited 20 mins in the queue then my call was dropped.

That's so annoying!

I'm not sure what's going on with our OWPs or why they are taking so long. I'm pretty sure they're processing January'18 OWPs now.

A couple of weeks ago I called the call centre - they said at the time they'd email the Mississauga office.

Fast forward to today when I called them, they informed me that the Mississauga office still hasn't opened the email they sent them. So basically, I just have to wait to hear from them because there's nothing else they can do.

They said my application hasn't been as I have an application number and it's in the system.

Tbh, I'm so fed up with the whole thing. After today's conversation I've just given up on getting my OWP any time soon

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
My story about OWP application.

Mississauga received my OWP application along with PR one under common law partner in Canada class on Nov 03 2017. The GCMS note confirmed it. But I could not link this OWP app. Never. I called CIC call center almost every day during early January. ButI I was just advised that my OWP app was not entered in the system yet and still within the 4 months processing period. To secured my legal temporary resident status, I decided to re-send the exact same application to Vegreville on Jan 14 with an explanation as cover letter. Vegreville received it on Jan 18. And I could link this re-sent app on Jan 24. On early March, I called CIC call center again everyday around early March cause the 4-month period passed. Every time, the agent told me they would send a note to Mississauga office and what I could do is to wait. And No reply from Mississauga. Never. I thought my original application was just put aside somewhere alone in Mississauga office! And it did not returned to me!
On April 10, my second OWP app got approval.
If your situation is similar to mine, do re-send the app to Vegreville. Cause no one cares about you but YOURSELF!

nemema

Mar 29, 2018
My story about OWP application.

Mississauga received my OWP application along with PR one under common law partner in Canada class on Nov 03 2017. The GCMS note confirmed it. But I could not link this OWP app. Never. I called CIC call center almost every day during early January. ButI I was just advised that my OWP app was not entered in the system yet and still within the 4 months processing period. To secured my legal temporary resident status, I decided to re-send the exact same application to Vegreville on Jan 14 with an explanation as cover letter. Vegreville received it on Jan 18. And I could link this re-sent app on Jan 24. On early March, I called CIC call center again everyday around early March cause the 4-month period passed. Every time, the agent told me they would send a note to Mississauga office and what I could do is to wait. And No reply from Mississauga. Never. I thought my original application was just put aside somewhere alone in Mississauga office! And it did not returned to me!
On April 10, my second OWP app got approval.
If your situation is similar to mine, do re-send the app to Vegreville. Cause no one cares about you but YOURSELF!
I am very sorry to hear that you had that experiance but at the same time so happy it turned out well for you! It is just unbelievable that they are sometimes so careless and sloppy and that agents just give you scripted answers without even checking individual situation. I think the good sign for Zay_s and me is that we were able to link owp applications online and we have the application number. There is a few people from 11-13 dec that are still waiting. But your message made me think about re-sending the whole application again while I still have a status.

amitabh15

Apr 13, 2018
Can you explain in steps how this is done? You mentioned about asking for something (I forget what it’s called) that’s harmless in the US side then go back over to Canada side to get visa updated without restrictions. I tried to find your post but I lost it. Much appreciated.
You have to flag pole. You don't actually go to the US. The border agent will ask you to go ahead a little bit and then take a u turn before you hit US soil and come back to Canada entry window. We didn't do that. We just parked on the Canadian side and walked into the office.

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
You have to flag pole. You don't actually go to the US. The border agent will ask you to go ahead a little bit and then take a u turn before you hit US soil and come back to Canada entry window. We didn't do that. We just parked on the Canadian side and walked into the office.
So, you did a flagpole or not? I'm just wondering if I still need a TRV to do a flagpole. May I know which Alberta-Montana border you went to?