+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
OK, it's finished finally - we had a PR interview today and my wife got PR paper right there.
Due to some personal reason we had to change phone interview (scheduled earlier) and to have an interview at CIC office.

Applied in the middle of Jan 2017, using old application package. Got PR in April 2018.
congratulations

Reactions: Matej

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
i spoke to cic agent and she told me that you have to wait for 8 to 10 weeks before you get the landing interview.

Thats what they told me too. I also emailed Etobicoke IRCC and they said that I will be schedule within 6 - 9 weeks. It will be 5 weeks this Thursday. I am getting to be so impatient right now. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear back from them before that.

Good luck guys!!!

nemema

Mar 29, 2018
Still waiting, Dec 12. I called CIC on Friday and the agent said they sent an email to Mississauga and I just have to wait. The agent also confirmed and explained to me that since I applied for the OWP before my expiry date of the current permit, i can continue working on implied status until final decision is made. I specifically asked her if she is sure about that and she cofirmed, so now I feel less stressed about OPW.

Any Dec 11/12th 2018 still waiting for their OWP to be processed?

Thanks,

Z

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
Still waiting, Dec 12. I called CIC on Friday and the agent said they sent an email to Mississauga and I just have to wait. The agent also confirmed and explained to me that since I applied for the OWP before my expiry date of the current permit, i can continue working on implied status until final decision is made. I specifically asked her if she is sure about that and she cofirmed, so now I feel less stressed about OPW.
That's what they said to me too. But all this waiting is literally driving me crazy because so much is riding on me getting my new OWP.

I really hope we get ours before the end of the month.

Z

pops62

Mar 17, 2018
hi Guys,

I am May 2017 Applicant who got DM on March 29 and a letter from CIC saying Etobicoke will contact me for landing interview. Its going on 3 weeks but nothing. Anyone who got DM in March got landing interview yet?

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Thats what they told me too. I also emailed Etobicoke IRCC and they said that I will be schedule within 6 - 9 weeks. It will be 5 weeks this Thursday. I am getting to be so impatient right now. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear back from them before that.

Good luck guys!!!
i just got an email from cic and says that Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my PR application. I think this is the landing interview but i havent got SA and AIP.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
i just got an email from cic and says that Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my PR application. I think this is the landing interview but i havent got SA and AIP.

Thats awesome!!! I read that some people don't get SA and AIP but go straight to landing. Maybe thats the same for you too. Now I am getting worried as to why mine is taking so long.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
I got the same email about 3 weeks ago:) But still nothing after that.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Thats awesome!!! I read that some people don't get SA and AIP but go straight to landing. Maybe thats the same for you too. Now I am getting worried as to why mine is taking so long.
i think for every case its so different. We had to do first the medical exam and after the PCC
since one week its in process now for my wife that I sponsor...

does anybody have the excel sheet for timeline for 2017 ??
AOR 9th june 2017

Reactions: melissaj

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Reactions: goteborg

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
What's the next step after passing medicals (background check has been processing since December)?
- Sponsor approval? (we got no Ecas number for my sponsor)
- Passport request? (even inland?)
- Email stating that they're going to start working on eligibility? "Decision made" on Ecas?

I don't know what I should expect and when.