+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Is any one in the same situation as I'm, my spouse did her medical exam on the 19th, the doc's office said that they sent the results. But GC account doesn't show that it has been received. I've seen some folks who did their medical later than us mention that they got the update on CIC.

Anyone has any idea how long does CIC take to update the medical result received/passed?

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Hey guys, I’m a bit concerned I hope somebody here could help!

As some of you know I’m a inland March 2017 applicant (in Quebec).

On March 2018 I received a letter requesting the CSQ and gave me only 30 days to have it done, the MIDI website said it would be done in 25 days.. so it’s been 25 days and I still didn’t receive, and I’m afraid if I will have problems with IRCC.

Did somebody here experienced something like this? Any advices? I’m so scared specially because I’m so close to the end!

Thank you guys
What we did was we sent a letter via ircc webform asking for extension of the deadline.

Reactions: futurepr

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
What we did was we sent a letter via ircc webform asking for extension of the deadline.
Oh I will check and prepare it tomorrow then! Thank you very much!

May I ask if you’re finished with your process? Did everything go well?

chickennuggets2704

Jul 10, 2017
I'm December 11th and just got OWP approval today. Havent received the message yet but when I log in to my CIC account, the final decision says it was approved. Expires 2020! Hopefully yours will be today or later this week too
Can you let me know when you receive the message outlining your approval details? I was approved on the CIC myaccount on March 5th, and I haven't received a message nor my OWP in the mail... there are others on the same boat as well as well, and I'm trying to figure out if it's happening to other people too. Thanks in advance!

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Is any one in the same situation as I'm, my spouse did her medical exam on the 19th, the doc's office said that they sent the results. But GC account doesn't show that it has been received. I've seen some folks who did their medical later than us mention that they got the update on CIC.

Anyone has any idea how long does CIC take to update the medical result received/passed?
Same thing is happening to me. I didn't receive any update yet that they have received them. I am gonna call and ask them maybe next week. Sometimes they just don't update it and the medical have been passed already. If you call them let us know. I ll do the same.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
My question relates to OWP applications.

I sent my OWP application after my PR application due to confusion as I was already on an OWP under the IEC program and you cannot extend those permits. Long story short I sent my application to extend my stay etc (OWP application) directly to Alberta as per the instructions.

I received notice from my courier company that the application was delivered etc. This was a month ago and I have not heard anything... no email, no letter, nothing... Is this common? I ask as my current OWP expires at the end of May and as I understand I will be under 'Implied Status' until that permit is approved and mailed to me. With no application number or anything how do I prove my Implied Status? How does that work with my SIN, which expires at the end of May on the same day as my current OWP.

Thanks in advance.
Hi. I have just been in same situation. I was on IEC 2 year work permit, it expired mid February. On IEC you are not on implied status and can't continue to work when it expires. If you are from a visa exempt country you can stay in Canada whilst waiting for it to be approved, if you need a visa to be here then you may need to apply for that. I applied I'm December for new work permit to alberta as you have, it got approved end of march. I was out of work for 5 weeks. I kept trying to link my work application evrye day until it worked. It was probably 6 after they received it. Hope that helps. As we have similar situation if you have any questions PM me.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
IEC could not give you implied status. Even you sent the app while the IEC still valid not expired. You should apply to extend to stay in Canada and change to be a visitor. Otherwise, you will not get your OWP approval until you get AIP.
You could not keep on working while your IEC expired. IEC is not extendable.
Im in Alberta and when my IEC expired, I phoned Alberta health and they extended my health care by 90 days on the basis of waiting for new work permit and had a application number after linking my OWP to my cic account.

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Has anybody here extended their OWP ONLINE?? I need to renew mine but I’m so confused because seems like I can’t do online.

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Hi, any update on medical requests? Any August-Sept 2017 applicants who received the request? Thanks!

chhm1215

Feb 5, 2018
hello, any march 2017 applicants got update or approved?

my ecas says
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 24, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Sy93

Feb 22, 2018

my ecas says
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Not yet. I m March 30 th applicant. Did medical in last November. No update since then!

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017

my ecas says
Same here!.. March 15, 2017. They sent me a correspondence on March 1,2018 requesting Police Record based on Fingerprints ( CANADA) . RCMP sent it on March 03..My account changed to "documents has been upload"today..Still waiting for a decision.
What did CIC request on March ? Just curious

Good Luck!

Last edited: