+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
It is statutory holiday today. But you got OWP today! So amazing
Well yes you are right, you got a a point in there. We also figure that one out cause how it will get approve today, it is holiday.. Maybe not today. But our lawyer just called us and informed about it today, maybe it got approve late Thursday and they just saw it this morning. We have a representative thats why we can't really tell the exact date it got approve, but what's important now is it's approved and Im happy and excited. Yey!!

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Does anybody know a phone number or email address I can contact CIC through while in the US? I am an inland applicant, but am currently in the US for the next two weeks.

I desperately need to get in touch with them to ask for an extension on the deadline they gave me to upload additional documents, but it seems I cannot call from the US (I tried several times before I left Canada, but couldn't get through).

This is very, very urgent, so any help is greatly appreciated!!

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hello,
You will need to be at your Full Time job for at least 6 months before you can apply for OHIP. After your six months are completed, get a letter from your employer to bring along with you when you apply. When you receive the health card it will be valid for the amount of time you have left on your work permit.

I hope this helps
Sorry but I think that is incorrect. I believe OP just needs a letter from his/her employer stating that they will be working there for at least next 6 months. I don't think there's a required past working experience needed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: marvz21

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sorry but I think that is incorrect. I believe OP just needs a letter from his/her employer stating that they will be working there for at least next 6 months. I don't think there's a required past working experience needed. Please correct me if I am wrong.
This is what I've found online too but I'm still not sure!

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
This is what I've found online too but I'm still not sure!
try giving Service Ontario a call. Their call center is pretty helpful. You'll get a straight forward answer from them. Also unless you didn't know, only a few service ontarios(government building) ones can approve your application.

Reactions: Baharm

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
App recieved: April 10th 2017
AOR: may 2nd
Scudule a and police cert sent through webform sometime late May
Confirmed Scudule A recived: july
Mrd request:Nov 15th
Med passed Dec 1st
Aip: 28th March 2018
Decision Made:29th March
Decision Made on Sponsor Ecas file : 29th March
so the 12 months are respected its good to know and I hope it will be the same for us (AOR: june 9th)

Reactions: melissaj

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I know...Same here...I seem to be getting some kind of updates every Friday...first it was AIP, the following Friday - DM, and so on...But it's been going on for about a month lol

Did you hear back anything from CIC? I am still waiting for a response from them. Its over 2 weeks now.

pops62

Mar 17, 2018
App received: May 19, 2017
AOR: June 21,2018
Schedule A & Police certificate Request June 21,2018
Medical Sent Upfront
Med passed: Jan 20th
Aip: March 28,2018
Decision Made: March 28,2018
Decision Made on Sponsor Ecas file : March 29,2018