Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Update - Medicals Passed :) I did them last Monday and my CIC got updated today - Medicals Passed. I didn't have to do anything after the examination & X-ray at the doctor. The doctor's office sent out my results.

If I am not mistaken the next step is AIP. Hopefully, they won't take as long as they took to send Medical Requests :/. Have a great day everyone!

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hello everyone
Today I received my CSQ from Quebec, I was wondering if I have to send a copy of my CSQ to RICC.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it
Hi,

Don't worry. You do not need to do anything. Quebec will send to RICC your copy of CSQ. You just need to relax and be patient. You also can now register for Carte de Soleil (Quebec insurance card) if you have full-time job (ask your company the employment proof letter). Good luck :)

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Update - Medicals Passed :) I did them last Monday and my CIC got updated today - Medicals Passed. I didn't have to do anything after the examination & X-ray at the doctor. The doctor's office sent out my results.

If I am not mistaken the next step is AIP. Hopefully, they won't take as long as they took to send Medical Requests :/. Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for the update. Good luck

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
I also Passed medical this morning did it last monday

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

Don't worry. You do not need to do anything. Quebec will send to RICC your copy of CSQ. You just need to relax and be patient. You also can now register for Carte de Soleil (Quebec insurance card) if you have full-time job (ask your company the employment proof letter). Good luck :)
Hi! Do you know if in this case scenario I still should wait 3 months to get the card or it will be processed right away?

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016

Awesome!
I did mine on March 22nd… I hope they will update mine soon...
Good luck!

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Does anyone have experience with applying for OHIP with OWP here? Do I need to wait 3 months after I start working with an OWP?

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Mississauga looks like slower than vegreville..
Vegreville is the only place that actually processes the inland OWPs, when the OWP is sent to Mississauga it takes a good 11 - 15 extra days because they have to mail out your OWP to Vegreville + transit time + the time it takes for Vegreville to sort and open the mail :)

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
Does anyone have experience with applying for OHIP with OWP here? Do I need to wait 3 months after I start working with an OWP?

You need you to taking the following with you to get an OHIP card

A letter of employment stating that the company will hire you as a full time employee for at least the next 6 months. The letter needs to have the company header (logo) and it needs to signed .

You need to take your OWP

You need to take proof of address to show you live in Ontario

You need to also take some form of ID (passport, divers license)

Here's a link with all the info you need:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

Hope that helps.

Z

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
You need you to taking the following with you to get an OHIP card

A letter of employment stating that the company will hire you as a full time employee for at least the next 6 months. The letter needs to have the company header (logo) and it needs to signed .

You need to take your OWP

You need to take proof of address to show you live in Ontario

You need to also take some form of ID (passport, divers license)

Here's a link with all the info you need:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

Hope that helps.

Z
Thanks Z! I saw that link but I read somewhere else that you become eligible 3 months after you obtain the work permit but I'm not sure about that!

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Thanks Z! I saw that link but I read somewhere else that you become eligible 3 months after you obtain the work permit but I'm not sure about that!
Yes, that's true. You can still apply but your card will only become valid after 3 months.

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
Is anyone else here from New Zealand or another Country where instead of the police certificate, you had to submit a consent to disclosure form? I submitted that form back in September and have now received a another letter from IRCC asking for police certificate. Anyone know if I was supposed to submit the consent to disclosure to IRCC, AND also request my criminal record check myself from New Zealand Ministry of Justice?

Also, has anyone else here had to submit a request to extend the time for medical request and or police check due to being booked up or taking too long on their side?

priyasharma

Jan 4, 2018
Hello!

Can someone please help me with my following queries? I will highly appreciate it. :)

Hello Friends,

I recently got my OWP and applied for SIN as well. Received the SIN on the same day. I have following questions :
1. Do I need to do anything else e.g. obtain any documents or get something stamped on passport? I have 10 year multiple entry TRV with VISITOR category (2016-2026). Does it need any update?
2. My visitor stamp on my passport is expiring on 29th April, 2018 (6 month validity Oct - April). Do I need to do anything to update it? Or my legal status to stay in canada will extend to the duration of my OWP validity?
3. What is eTA? I read here many got eTA after they got OWP. Can someone explain? I didn't get anything.

Thanks in advance!

pops62

Mar 17, 2018
Hello,
You will need to be at your Full Time job for at least 6 months before you can apply for OHIP. After your six months are completed, get a letter from your employer to bring along with you when you apply. When you receive the health card it will be valid for the amount of time you have left on your work permit.

I hope this helps

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife