+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

nemema

Mar 29, 2018
Hi,

Anyone else who submitted their OWP on the 11th Dec 2017 still waiting for it to be approved?

I was able to link my OWP to mycic account on the 26th Jan 2018.

I'm starting to wonder whether they've lost mine or something, because I've see ppl from after the 11th Dec have their OWP have their permits approved.

Thanks,

Z
Hi there, I am Dec 12 and I am still waiting, too! I got my AOR on Jan 25 and I linked OWP online a day after AOR but haven’t seen any changes for OWP since.
I called CIC last week and the agent told me I should wait until first week of April and I should get it before Apr 5. Finger crossed!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
It worked! Just did this and linked the application to my account.

Do you know what happens with my current SIN? As I mentioned it is set to expire when my current work permit expires.
glad you had it linked. but for the sin i’m sorry i have no idea about it in relation to your IEC. maybe somebody here has better knowledge on that. but i believe if they accepted your PR application and the OWP, yes you will be on implied status. now that you linked it you already have the application number which is a proof.

Reactions: outdoorcharles

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
Hi there, I am Dec 12 and I am still waiting, too! I got my AOR on Jan 25 and I linked OWP online a day after AOR but haven’t seen any changes for OWP since.
I called CIC last week and the agent told me I should wait until first week of April and I should get it before Apr 5. Finger crossed!
Hi I am another Dec 11th applicant that still hasn't had OWP approved :( Glad im not still the only one at least

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017

I called them last week and they weren't very helpful. All they said was I've got to wait the 4months and to call back mid April if they don't approve it by then.

I really hope they approve our OWPs soon.

Thank you for your reply.

Z

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
IEC could not give you implied status. Even you sent the app while the IEC still valid not expired. You should apply to extend to stay in Canada and change to be a visitor. Otherwise, you will not get your OWP approval until you get AIP.
You could not keep on working while your IEC expired. IEC is not extendable.

I thought the reason one gets implied status is because they applied for an OWP while they still had a valid status in Canada - and not because i came here on the IEC program.

Thanks,

Z

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Can we already get a SIN using the approval email we receive online? Or do we have to wait for the one that comes in the post?

priyasharma

Jan 4, 2018
Hello Friends,

I recently got my OWP and applied for SIN as well. Received the SIN on the same day. I have following questions :
1. Do I need to do anything else e.g. obtain any documents or get something stamped on passport? I have 10 year multiple entry TRV with VISITOR category (2016-2026). Does it need any update?
2. My visitor stamp on my passport is expiring on 29th April, 2018 (6 month validity Oct - April). Do I need to do anything to update it? Or my legal status to stay in canada will extend to the duration of my OWP validity?
3. What is eTA? I read here many got eTA after they got OWP. Can someone explain? I didn't get anything.

Thanks in advance!

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I have a job offer and I told them I could start in two weeks (April 12th), hoping that my work permit will be in my hands by then...as it was marked as received at Vegreville Jan 8th.

I'm skeptical that it will arrive by then - does anyone have any experience with what I should do? Should I just tell my employer I can't take the job? Or show them my approval letter (when I get it) and let them know it's in the mail? :(

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I have a job offer and I told them I could start in two weeks (April 12th), hoping that my work permit will be in my hands by then...as it was marked as received at Vegreville Jan 8th.

I'm skeptical that it will arrive by then - does anyone have any experience with what I should do? Should I just tell my employer I can't take the job? Or show them my approval letter (when I get it) and let them know it's in the mail? :(
I had the same situation. My permit didn't come in time so I asked them to modify the start date of my job offer by a few weeks. I think you could ask them to do that instead of saying you can't take the job, just try to get an estimate based on others' OWP approval time

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I had the same situation. My permit didn't come in time so I asked them to modify the start date of my job offer by a few weeks. I think you could ask them to do that instead of saying you can't take the job, just try to get an estimate based on others' OWP approval time
Ah okay - I just don't want them to think I'm pulling their leg. Hopefully it works out, thanks!