05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
HI,
My ecas for sponsor is still in process and applicant side says application received. My medical passed last July 2017. I just got schedule a request second week of jan.2018 And my background check started 2 weeks after that... I wonder if that delay the process because the background check just started 2 months ago?
Oh wow. Was your case complicated?
U would think ur sponsor would get SA by now.

Ya might be because the background check started late.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
any update on how many times it takes to them to do background check?
Background check takes up like the entire process. It starts when the process starts and ends when t
U get Decision made for Prinicipal applicant.

Reactions: goteborg

pius88

Mar 21, 2018

Thats what I'm thinking too I never got a request until now...

I think so too.. I mailed them last may 2017 to update my new passport but never got schedule a request. So I guess I have to wait a Lil bit longer..

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hello Experts,

I am currently on PR for 2 years. I am getting married this march 30th. My wife already has a visitor visa approved.

We will be traveling together (may cross immigration separately - not yet decided) in April.

She has work experience in india and wanted to work in Canada.

Can you please let me know if i can apply for her work permit along with spousal application?

The website says to submit spousal, permanent resident and work permit together. I know spousal and work permit applications... what about Permanent Resident application?

Please help me with the step by step process and what all docs i need to gather to apply. How long does it take to get work permit approved?

Thanks

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm already in Canada for almost 4 years now. First I had study permit for two years and is granted 3 years work permit on my own. I got married one year ago and just gave birth to our firstborn last week. Instead of applying for PR through my work, we've decided that my spouse will sponsor me instead (family).

So my concern is my husband is finishing law and has no money. Will it affect his eligibility to sponsor me? I have money and also included Affidavit of Support of my parents with bank accounts and business stating that they will support me. I also included my accounts here in Canada. My husband included his loan money and a letter of explanation.

Thank you.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Background check takes up like the entire process. It starts when the process starts and ends when t
U get Decision made for Prinicipal applicant.
and the police records from the sponsored person how long it takes after they ask with the annex ? we provided a explaination letter for why we didnt provide them with embassies emails etc

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hi everyone,
I'm already in Canada for almost 4 years now. First I had study permit for two years and is granted 3 years work permit on my own. I got married one year ago and just gave birth to our firstborn last week. Instead of applying for PR through my work, we've decided that my spouse will sponsor me instead (family).

So my concern is my husband is finishing law and has no money. Will it affect his eligibility to sponsor me? I have money and also included Affidavit of Support of my parents with bank accounts and business stating that they will support me. I also included my accounts here in Canada. My husband included his loan money and a letter of explanation.

Thank you.
For spousal sponsorship, your income doesn't matter, as long as you guys have paid your taxes, that's all you need to worry about, when my wife sponsored me she wasn't working and I was granted my PR

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hello Experts,

I am currently on PR for 2 years. I am getting married this march 30th. My wife already has a visitor visa approved.

We will be traveling together (may cross immigration separately - not yet decided) in April.

She has work experience in india and wanted to work in Canada.

Can you please let me know if i can apply for her work permit along with spousal application?

The website says to submit spousal, permanent resident and work permit together. I know spousal and work permit applications... what about Permanent Resident application?

Please help me with the step by step process and what all docs i need to gather to apply. How long does it take to get work permit approved?

Thanks
My advice will be to apply for Open work permit and spousal sponsorship together (your spousal sponsorship is your permanent resident application). That will be the best bet for you.

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Need help here...Anyone got their OWP approved but didn't receive it after three weeks? Mine was approved March 5th and still haven't received it! I wonder how a letter took so long. I live in Ontario. Is there anything I can do except waiting for another 3 weeks to contact IRCC? Thanks!

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Need help here...Anyone got their OWP approved but didn't receive it after three weeks? Mine was approved March 5th and still haven't received it! I wonder how a letter took so long. I live in Ontario. Is there anything I can do except waiting for another 3 weeks to contact IRCC? Thanks!
I'd heard people mention 3-5 days here, maybe you should contact them. Is there anyone else in Ontario who's got their OWP? How long did it take?

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I'd heard people mention 3-5 days here, maybe you should contact them. Is there anyone else in Ontario who's got their OWP? How long did it take?
I live in Toronto, ON and I got my OWP 3 days after it was approved. I think you should call them and verify your address on file.

Reactions: Baharm

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Thanks! Their line was busy. I will keep calling.